A quick question re;PPI

Options
thechippy
thechippy Posts: 1,938 Forumite
edited 4 July 2009 at 4:43PM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
Hi All,

I'm one of those who had a card with Morgan Stanley, which then became a Barclaycard. I wish to reclaim the ppi as I'm certain I never asked for it. Now, do I send the template letter asking for the original agreement to MS or Barclays?

Many thanks

BTW on the Barclays statements it shows the PPI as AXA ppi. Does this change anything?
Happiness, is a Kebab called Doner.....:heart2::heart2:

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    thechippy wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm one of those who had a card with Morgan Stanley, which then became a Barclaycard. I wish to reclaim the ppi as I'm certain I never asked for it. Now, do I send the template letter asking for the original agreement to MS or Barclays?

Many thanks

Hi there

I would give them a ring first to ask who holds your account information, just to be sure.
    Then you write to them by enclosing £1 postal order of cheque payment, they should post this to you by 12 days, post by recorded delivery.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    Options
    With the PPI with AXA I assume this is the insurer, but you write to the ones who arranged this, as this was passed on to Barclays it may be a case of you writing to them to reclaim.
  • di3004
    Options
    I'll be back in a min with more info for you.;)
  • di3004
    Options
    Right, just checked on Companies House and found that Morgan and Stanley are still active, here:

Name & Registered Office:
    MORGAN STANLEY & CO. LIMITED
    LEGAL DEPT
    25 CABOT SQ. CANARY WHARF
    LONDON
    E14 4QA
    Company No. 02164628

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifStatus: Active
    Date of Incorporation: 15/09/1987

Country of Origin: United Kingdom ..................................................................................................
    If you have any paperwork in regards of the above company, check the company number to ensure it's the same ones.

If this is the case now finding that they are still active, it may be best if you write to these to request for your agreement.;)
  • di3004
    Options
    When it comes to the PPI reclaiming side of it, check the link here:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance
    For more information.

Write to them by giving your reasons, they have 8 weeks to respond in full.
    Another letter maybe required, if they do not resolve this in your favour, or if they have given you the opportunity to write back with further information, for them to reconsider.

Keep at them until you receive the final response.
    The final response they should give you details of the Financial ombudsman service (FOS) if your not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint and post by recorded delivery.

Good luck and let us know how you get on, or if you require further help through this.;)
  • thechippy
    Options
    Di,

You're a star..........;)

I'll get on the case and keep all informed..:D
  • di3004
    Options
    Di,

You're a star..........;)

I'll get on the case and keep all informed..:D

With pleasure :D;), you know where we are.;)X
  • thechippy
    Options
    Hello Di,

Hope you are well.
    Just going to start this off now ( yes I'm useless and been sidetracked!)

Anyway, being a bit dense sometimes. The stage one letter in the link asks for a starting date of the account. I don't know this, so I assume I need a copy of the original cca to find out. Which letter do I send for this, is it the standard cca request one found elsewhere on the site?
    If they don't have a copy, so I can't get the date, can I still continue a claim.

Thanks...;)
  • sunnygirls
    Options
    Hi ive put a claim in with barclaycard which was goldfish and i was unsure of the date so i didnt put it in ,i dont yet know the outcome of this but i know its been actioned (dont know what that means lol) . Good Luck Sunny
  • di3004
    Options
    Hello Di,

Hope you are well.
    Just going to start this off now ( yes I'm useless and been sidetracked!)

Anyway, being a bit dense sometimes. The stage one letter in the link asks for a starting date of the account. I don't know this, so I assume I need a copy of the original cca to find out. Which letter do I send for this, is it the standard cca request one found elsewhere on the site?
    If they don't have a copy, so I can't get the date, can I still continue a claim.

Thanks...;)

Hi there

Just a suggestion, if you still have old statements or the card, the account number should be shown on them, but otherwise just send a quick letter to request they send you your copy of your agreement, and enclose £1 postal order or cheque payment, and tell them you look forward to receiving this by 12 days of request.

For the ease of it to track down your info, try to give them as much info as you can, for example your date of birth, any change of surnames and of course if you lived at a different address at the time of taking this out.

Or:
    ring them and ask nicely if they are able to provide you the account number details.;)
    Then of course you have the account number to continue with your reclaim.

Hope this helps.
    Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills