Billy Connolly tickets for Glasgow *NOW SOLD OUT*

Options

Comments

• Cheapchick_2
    Cheapchick_2 Posts: 1,090 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You are right hunnycat - he does tell the same old jokes (some were off his very early dvds!). I saw him while I was in Dublin on hol last year but it was still worth it and I'm hoping he has some new material for this one. I always said I'd love to see him on home soil - missed the last time he came to Glasgow as I had just given birth!
  • savetospend
    savetospend Posts: 62 Forumite
    edited 4 July 2009 at 2:59PM
    Options
    Glasgow tickets are sold out, could get one ticket for the galleries but just going to wait till Monday and hope for the best with the Edinburgh tickets.

I doubt he will be playing England and Wales as he was there 2 years ago, and he hasn't been in Scotland for longer than that as far as I know. But you never know.

Fingers crossed!

Edit: Infact I think Im wrong, just saw above post saying about Ireland - I was getting mixed up
  • Cheapchick_2
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    savetospend -I think you are right. Did a wee search on the net and looks like he had lots of dates in England and Wales in Sept and October 2007 before going to Ireland the following summer. Good luck for getting tickets in Edinburgh - I might have to be trying as well as I still cant get through to confirm if my booking for Glasgow actually went through! It's so frustrating hearing that engaged tone all the time.
  • savetospend
    savetospend Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    Best of luck cheapchick. Hopefully you have got them okay.

We have been going on the Billy Connolly website once a week for about 3 years hoping for Scotland tickets and only saw he was coming through this thread.

Best of luck to everyone else for Monday ( although I keep checking the Usher Hall site every 2 minutes incase they go up just now! haha
  • Cheapchick_2
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks savetospend - still cant get through but will keep trying! That's a shame you have been keeping an eye out for so long and then miss it. Hope you manage to get tickets - there are 4 nights so surely if you're early enough you will get something. I'm not sure what the Usher Hall's own site is like for buying tickets (i.e can it cope with the demand?) but I see they are a venue listed on Ticketmaster. You may be able to get tickets via them as well as Usher Hall directly. Just in case one of the sites isnt allowing you in! SECC are also listed there but I think the Clyde Auditorium isnt which is why there were no tickets for the Glasgow gigs on there. (could be wrong but it looks that way!) Good luck!
  • littlereddevil
    littlereddevil Posts: 4,752 Forumite
    Options
    How do you know when tickets are on sale ?
    travelover
  • Cheapchick_2
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It's on the website www.usherhall.co.uk.
  • pacobabe
    pacobabe Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Did anyone manage to get through to the helpline? I still dont know if i've got tickets or not.
  • therainking
    Options
    My first post is the good news! Only registered on here to tell you all that you can actually get tickets for Usher hall now without waiting until Monday. They are in their back end database. As a newbie I cannot post a link so add all the below lines together ;_

www.
    tickets.
    usherhall.
    co.uk/
    public/
    hall.asp

Be quick!!!
  • Clara381
    Clara381 Posts: 232 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that Ot post!! Just managed to book tickets, really please as I missed out on Glasgow and I didn't want to pay Ebay prices!!
    I can't look into the future, but the futures where I'm walking to
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport