Warning - do not use wolstenholmes solicitors

Options

Comments

• sueanne21
    Options
    wolstenholmes solicitors llp is not closing down but rather closes for the christmas break on friday. All completions for clients will be honoured in the ordinary course of business. It is potentially defamatory to suggest that clients will not be refunded when they have been promised a refund of any monies they have paid. Rumour counter rumour and speculation are grossly unfair and detract from the many many happy clients of the practice. It is also noteworthy that a large proportion of conveyancing clients are more than happy with the service offered.

Yours

a balanced view

so your a partner or share holder then right ???????
  • cheekybets
    Options
    Again,

Funny comments everyone, but whether to believe them is all speculation.

Unless it is confirmed by the SRA, it is purely speculation and this leads to bad reputations.

If the firm promises a refund then wait for it!

Patience everyone!

Regards

Cheekybets
  • cakinwande
    cakinwande Posts: 148 Forumite
    edited 15 December 2009 at 5:59PM
    Options
    cheekybets wrote: »
    Again,

Funny comments everyone, but whether to believe them is all speculation.

Unless it is confirmed by the SRA, it is purely speculation and this leads to bad reputations.

If the firm promises a refund then wait for it!

Patience everyone!

Regards

Cheekybets

Wolstenholmes already have a bad reputation due to the ridiculously high volume of complaints! Why do staff keep bothering to defend a company which already is having its other office close. Obviously this isn't the act of an successful company...

I was promised a full refund but I only got a partial refund (about 40%) with no invoice attached AFTER Paul Daly told me no work had been done while I was his client!!
  • Geezars
    Options
    My advice would be to keep clear of Wolstenholmes.....

In the past whenever you use a search engine to search for solicitors they have always appeared at the top of the results page (a service which they pay for). This is no longer the case since last Friday which is unheard of for this company.

Not answering calls, not paying for search engine service, solicitors writing to clients telling them they are being made redundant, and now an entire company (or office) closing down for Christmas on 18th Dec?? Please do not be so naive as to believe this is normal behaviour...
  • Geniveve
    Options
    l am the buyer of someone that was using wolstenholmes solicitors,Birmingham

Today,our buyer went in and got her file,and she took her file to another solicitor,why?---because The Birmingham branch is closing on Friday[whereas other solicitors close 23.12.09]

We were due to exchange contracts 18th ,and complete 21st...

Still do not know if we will make it .Having spent nearly 2k to date on our purchase,do wolstenholmes give a toss.

If u are with Wolstenholmes and are hoping to complete before 22.12.09,you will not,because they have not told there existing clients,and if u are hoping to complete before stamp duty ends ,then forget it.

U have been told u will get a refund by Friday,will u hell,u wont see a penny back

:mad:HEALTH WARNING __DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY,OUR BUYER HOPEFULLY LISTENED TO ME ,AND IN TIME WE WILL EXCHANGE AND COMPLETE.

YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR MONEY BACK<THE COMPANY IS GOING INTO ADMINISTRATION>HEY EVEN THE OWNER IS A LIAR|!

They dont answer phone calls ,return contract documents,and to be honest,the people that work for the company are being made reduntant on Friday.............

Geniveve
  • sueanne21
    Options
    Geniveve wrote: »
    l am the buyer of someone that was using wolstenholmes solicitors,Birmingham

Today,our buyer went in and got her file,and she took her file to another solicitor,why?---because The Birmingham branch is closing on Friday[whereas other solicitors close 23.12.09]

We were due to exchange contracts 18th ,and complete 21st...

Still do not know if we will make it .Having spent nearly 2k to date on our purchase,do wolstenholmes give a toss.

If u are with Wolstenholmes and are hoping to complete before 22.12.09,you will not,because they have not told there existing clients,and if u are hoping to complete before stamp duty ends ,then forget it.

U have been told u will get a refund by Friday,will u hell,u wont see a penny back

:mad:HEALTH WARNING __DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY,OUR BUYER HOPEFULLY LISTENED TO ME ,AND IN TIME WE WILL EXCHANGE AND COMPLETE.

YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR MONEY BACK<THE COMPANY IS GOING INTO ADMINISTRATION>HEY EVEN THE OWNER IS A LIAR|!

They dont answer phone calls ,return contract documents,and to be honest,the people that work for the company are being made reduntant on Friday.............

Geniveve

We were told there would be no problem us completing on 18th December orginally when we had the phone conversation with Emma Eadsworth...OH IM SO UPTIGHT...we have today employed a local solictor to take over as we are on the verge of losing the house we want.
  • Geniveve
    Options
    :silenced: the logo of wolstenholmes solicitors:silenced::shhh:..................:eek:

Be warned

Geniveve
  • Geniveve
    Options
    sueanne21 wrote: »
    We were told there would be no problem us completing on 18th December orginally when we had the phone conversation with Emma Eadsworth...OH IM SO UPTIGHT...we have today employed a local solictor to take over as we are on the verge of losing the house we want.

l hope u dont lose your home,good luck ,and big hugs xx
    Gen
  • Livo
    Options
    PLEASE read if you are considering using Wolstenholmes solicitors!

I would strongly advise reading some of the independent reviews on a number of sites before instructing them and handing over your money.
    I will never use them again and have recently complained to the LCS about them. They have caused me much annoyance, disappointment and distress.

Their lack of communication - unprofessional attitude and lack of responsiveness has caused many problems for me and the vendor in my case which has subsequently caused the proposed purchase to fail.

I have never dealt with such a poor company and they should not be allowed to treat people in this way. (I have no idea how they can be registered by the Law Society if they regularly treat clients in this way)!?
    Their actions have had a significant impact on my personal circumstance and I intend to pursue them through all the regulatory bodies and make sure they are held accountable.

• moorea99
    Options
    As I have been reading here, it looks as if the Brum office is closing but what about the Cheadle office? And why are they closing an office anyway? I called the complaints helpline and all they could tell me was they had informed them that they have been having problems with their phone lines and computers but didn't have any news if they were staying in or going out of biz..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure