Las Vegas thread and MSE guide 2009 part 2

Options

Comments

• Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    December ( including Xmas and New Year )
    nvh wrote: »
    if you haven't already, sign up to the HHonors card - it's free and means you get to use a 'special' check-in queue (that's usually shorter!)
    http://www.hilton.co.uk/HiWayWeb/appmanager/portals/customer?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pg_hhonors_content_category&_ref=About

(you also get points for stays etc, but for us is worth it just to be a queue-beater! :D)

Also remember you get Virgin miles in addition to HH points.
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • karie
    karie Posts: 483 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hello everyone

firstly, this thread is a wealth of knowledge, i am in awe.

looking for some advice - first time to go to vegas and we are hoping to go for about 8 - 10 nights in september/october.

normally i would book everything myself online, but i got a quote from dial-a-flight earlier today who offered me the following:

flights from heathrow with KLM (2 persons) flying out 25 september, flying back 3rd oct, £378 per person

8 nights accommodation in circus circus for £245

in total this comes to about £1000 which sounds really good.

i have read some bad reviews about circus circus, is it all that bad??

does this seem like a good price in total or should i keep shopping around?

thanks!!!
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 July 2009 at 9:23PM
    Options
    September
    Is the price for Circus Circus per person or for both of you?

CC is at the far north of the strip and it gets a bad rap. Have a look at the Imperial Palace. It's centre strip and shouldn't be much more.

Actually, check https://www.harrahs.com and click on Hot Deals. I make the IP $430 + 12% tax which is £297 for the room, not each.

** Edit - The IP rates are higher than normal for the weekend so I would expect them to come down and if they do you can call and get the lower rate.
  • crow99
    crow99 Posts: 108 Forumite
    Options
    September
    I've had a look and if you changed your dates to September 22nd - Wednesday 30th this will give you flights with KLM as £747.

This would leave you £253 to spend on your hotel and still meet the same price, based on $1.6 to the £ which is Caxtons base rate it would leave you $405 for your hotel.

I've had a quick look at The Luxor is avaliable for $450 so not much more - its far more central strip and a lot nicer hotel against Circus Circus - this is using a Fat Wallet Promo Code of LRATE9

Personally I wouldnt consider Circus Circus or The Stratosphere particularly not for eight nights. The location isn't ery good as they really are a long walk from everywhen and Circus Circus felt very tired and a bit sleazy against the other hotels - ok to visit but I wouldnt spend 8 nights there.

We went out last year on planned on Circus Circus I'm glad I paid a bit more and got a great deal on the Bellagio!

Check these FatWallet Promo Codes http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/travel-deals/704925/?start=2320
  • crow99
    crow99 Posts: 108 Forumite
    edited 14 July 2009 at 10:06PM
    Options
    September
    Monte Carlo is $508 based on Promo Code JULYTIER
    I would recommend this from a location perspecitve and although is $100/£62 more you'll save that in Cabs etc..

Excalibar have a tower room for $438
    Again I would go for this over Circus Circus - Monte Carlo would be what I would spend my money on mind!
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    September
    I snapped up the Bally's $79 for 2 nights offer as soon as it appeared. I thought it was a mistake that it was only $39.50/night for the big fight weekend.

I've just checked and my 2 nights are now $199 and $219!!
  • karie
    karie Posts: 483 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thanks everyone

we are a bit restricted on dates but dont mind spending a little more rather than staying somewhere not so good! i will look at the places you have recommended and let you know how i get on!!

karie
  • tingtong
    tingtong Posts: 580 Forumite
    Options
    karie wrote: »
    flights from heathrow with KLM (2 persons) flying out 25 september, flying back 3rd oct, £378 per person

8 nights accommodation in circus circus for £245

in total this comes to about £1000 which sounds really good.

i have read some bad reviews about circus circus, is it all that bad??

does this seem like a good price in total or should i keep shopping around?

thanks!!!

Well, you can get the flights for £354 each on Opodo / Expedia so that will save you £48. You should be able to get better accommodation than Circus Circus for about the £300 mark, somewhere like Imperial Palace (as suggested above) is in a far better location.

Although I don't like doing it myself, I would not dismiss the thought of staying in 2 different hotels for your trip. If you do this try and get the better hotel for the second part if you can !
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    October , November
    luci wrote: »
    I snapped up the Bally's $79 for 2 nights offer as soon as it appeared. I thought it was a mistake that it was only $39.50/night for the big fight weekend.

I've just checked and my 2 nights are now $199 and $219!!

Well done Luci! I thought it was a bit odd that they were offering that promo for that weekend too - glad you got in there before they fixed it!
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure