🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Las Vegas thread and MSE guide 2009 part 2

Options

Comments

• duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    August
    Prices of what ?
    Most of us don't use packages but put the flight and hotel together seperately as it works out cheaper

If you post what you've found we'd be happy to tell you if it's a good deal
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • Dangermouse99
    Options
    October , November
    Good morning from Encore

Just watching Fox news, theyre talking about the Mayweather fight almost a done deal, 13th March at MGM.

Weather ok, its 43f here at the moment, a high of 52f forecast. Could be a little rain/sleet tomorrow

Hope everyone is ok back in snowy UK
    Hi, is this definitely the venue then? There's been no confirmation so far.
  • trets77
    trets77 Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    GRIGGSY wrote: »
    I was wondering if any of you knowledgable people on here may know the answer to this one....

My husband and myself would like to go to Vegas in January round about the 15-17 for 7 days and I wondered do the prices go up after Christmas? And before anyone starts, I'm not asking anyone to look into their crystal balls but more along the lines of in your experience have the prices been lower prior to Christmas.

Over the last couple of days the prices keep going up and we're not sure whether we should book before Christmas or after. Does anyone know if there is anything on the week of the 17th as the offers in the hotels all seem to go up this week.

Well thanks for any help we may get.

Virgin often have a january sale . BUT if your getting a direct flight for less than £400 now , i would surprised if you would make significant savings. that's the problem with flights there is no set of rules that gives the ability to predict what they will be , but the fuller the plane the higher the price as a guide .

as for hotels , don't know CES is the 7th till the 10th so that is when the high prices will be high . cannot see any other huge conventions in January . anyone else have any ideas .

i assume you are pricing up directly with the hotels
    Better in my pocket than theirs :rotfl:
  • lisaloo1977
    Options
    January , February
    Hi Guys, and Gals,
    Well this time in four weeks i will be getting married in Vegas. I have not booked anything, apart from hotels, flights etc and am on a major mission for shoes. I was debating biting the bullet and buying now, but then dread the sales over there having some even more amazing ones. I can't do both as we are going backpacking for 14 weeks after and i need to send most stuff back with my family.

I love shoes, they are my fave thing but im talking a good few hundred of pounds in the uk, will i be able to save and where do i head for to buy?

Many Thanks

Lisa
    :naughty:
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    October , November
    GRIGGSY wrote: »
    Over the last couple of days the prices keep going up and we're not sure whether we should book before Christmas or after. Does anyone know if there is anything on the week of the 17th as the offers in the hotels all seem to go up this week.

There are 2 conventions the 19th to 22nd which total 100,000 - so might see a bit of a jump in hotel prices thereabouts? Maybe not...attendance at these things is down relatively speaking - so they don't seem to be hitting hotel rates like they used to - but worth bearing in mind.

For hotels, if you see something you're happy with and book direct, in most cases you can keep looking around for a better deal and cancel the first booking if you find something better, and not have to worry about prices keeping going.
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • lisaloo1977
    Options
    January , February
    I am there that week and it is a bank holiday for Martin Luther King.
    :naughty:
  • GRIGGSY
    GRIGGSY Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the responses so far.
    We have priced it up so far as a package and flights and accommodation. Expedia seem to be the cheapest as a package as the flights are coming in at over £500 each from Edinburgh - thats one of our problems, we need a Scottish flight as by the time you add everything on to the cheaper deals further afield your looking at the same price more or less.
    Ive gone on to the hotels websites and the promotion sites on the frontpage of this thread and despite the deals if we book as a package it is cheaper.
    Most of the deals for the hotels all seem to be either before or after the dates we want to go so I thought that maybe it was more than a bank holiday.

Thanks everyone
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    October , November
    I am there that week and it is a bank holiday for Martin Luther King.

That's right - MLK's birthday is celebrated on Monday the 18th...so most people will have a 3-day weekend...that plus 2 conventions might mean conventioneers come early since they don't have to work on the Monday.
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • pennylane99
    Options
    December ( including Xmas and New Year )
    ferf1223 wrote: »
    That's right - MLK's birthday is celebrated on Monday the 18th...so most people will have a 3-day weekend...that plus 2 conventions might mean conventioneers come early since they don't have to work on the Monday.

I am there from 16th-18th

Well, just had the buffet breakfast/brunch at Wynn. Holiday prices just kicked in today, £36.95 plus tax or £48.95 plus tax including champagne..there was still quite a line to get in though
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    September
    I love shoes, they are my fave thing but im talking a good few hundred of pounds in the uk, will i be able to save and where do i head for to buy?

Many Thanks

Lisa
    Tracy spends a fortune on shoes in Vegas. Try Barneys in the Palazzo arcade, also they have a Christian Louboutin shop there. Nordstroms, Neiman Marcus and Macy's Fashion Show Mall have a really good range.( Get the 12% discount tourist card from Macys) You might pick up a bargain in a few weeks but you will miss the good sale stuff. Dior and Gucci in Bellagio and Wynn (but they are over priced). Shoe In at Wynn esplanade is good for just out of season stuff. Prices to be honest are not much different from here, but much more choice.
    ( Does it show that I spend a lot of times in shoe shops!!!!:o)
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport