British Airways & Virgin Atlanic worldwide sale

Options

Comments

• isplumm
    isplumm Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi,

Any experts know of any upcoming BC sales for New Zealand & Oz?

I know that Cathay Pacific have a sale on now, but was wondering whether BA will have a sale again .... wanting to go at the end of August for 3 weeks.

Mark
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • maroscar
    Options
    does anyone else have trouble getting a free flight with Virgin air miles.Every time I choose a date to go they dont seem to have any flights .Is this a con !! I thought a free flight meant a free flight.I now hve quite a few airmiles and cannot use them
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Perhaps browse http://www.v-flyer.com lots of information there.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • applehead_3
    applehead_3 Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    does anyone else have trouble getting a free flight with Virgin air miles.Every time I choose a date to go they dont seem to have any flights .Is this a con !! I thought a free flight meant a free flight.I now hve quite a few airmiles and cannot use them

I got one for 25000 miles May 2010 (Orlando)

You still have to pay taxes though so cost was £178
  • tenorhorn
    tenorhorn Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    :confused:I want to go to New York in March next year. It is a special surprise for my husband's 50th. I want to take advantage of the BA sale but I want to fly premium economy and pick my seats now. Unless I am a Silver or Gold Tier member they say I cannot do this. I am only a Blue member. As the seats are really an important part of the flight, does anyone know a way round this? BA used to do it, but not anymore they tell me, I can only pick seats as a Blue member 24 hours before I fly which could mean the seats I want are not available. All inside info welcome.
  • TWR88
    TWR88 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    It mentions Dubai from £299, worth noting that I got return to Dubai with Royal Brunei airlines for £240 last month.
  • vanilla8
    vanilla8 Posts: 656 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    maroscar wrote: »

I have just spent 45000 miles on an upper class flight for next may (one way)

All viewable and bookable online
    Paid 202.2 in taxes though
  • isplumm
    isplumm Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tenorhorn wrote: »
    :confused:I want to go to New York in March next year. It is a special surprise for my husband's 50th. I want to take advantage of the BA sale but I want to fly premium economy and pick my seats now. Unless I am a Silver or Gold Tier member they say I cannot do this. I am only a Blue member. As the seats are really an important part of the flight, does anyone know a way round this? BA used to do it, but not anymore they tell me, I can only pick seats as a Blue member 24 hours before I fly which could mean the seats I want are not available. All inside info welcome.

But remember that nearly everyone else will be in the same boat ... so as long as you checkin 24 hours before your flight, you should get the seats you want.

Mark
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • tenorhorn
    tenorhorn Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Sadly we wont all be in the same boat, silver and gold can book seats at time of booking, blue can't and as there are fewer premium seats and only a few of the type I want, it will spoint the "specialness" of it if I can get the seats I want now. Oh well, never mind. I will have to pay more and go with Virgin!
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    BA premium economy seating is 2-4-2 or 2-2-2, which are the special seats you want?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure