Updated Printable Money off Coupons & Policies Thread 7 (and chat)

Options

Comments

• jeferey
    jeferey Posts: 4,300 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    madmuppet5 wrote: »
    Yea Mad just checked his receipt have been robbed of 40 points:eek:
    Apparently you have to buy 2 x milks to get the 40 points. Points offer not quite so good if that's the case.
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try - oh bu99er that just cheat :D
  • jeferey
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 8 July 2009 at 8:52AM
    Options
    aallank wrote: »
    is it just for Sainsbury's??
    Logo3VerySmall.gif
    [STRIKE]£3.99[/STRIKE]£2.99 - Valid until: 04/08/2009
    mysupermarket only has it at Sainsbury's
  • bullshot
    bullshot Posts: 4,028 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    nic.cj wrote: »
    Hiya Bullshot

what company did you go through if you don't mind me asking? also how many points do you need for a holiday like that?

thanks Nicola x
    I went with Cosmos Elite( mainly 5*)included airport transfers and meal on plane(don't laugh but you don't get this now with budget airlines)...I paid deposit £150 with C/card( you never know)and rest with club card deal vouchers, used £375 worth £1500...total cost of holiday was £1650, 11 nights B&B sea view room at the SAS Radisson St Julians...can highly recommend it.....flight going was delayed by 8 hours but we hadn't left home when Air Malta called to tell us not to set off, when we got to the airport they gave us free return flights as an apology...got to use them before the end of this September, difficult using points for just the hotel..was going to use Cadoggan , who were with Tesco Deals until May this year, but thought better of that as XL were taken off the deals with Tesco just before they went bust...one thing to be wary of when booking a holiday with your club card deals , is your travel insurance......... no company I tried to insure with would cover the cost of holiday part( they would cover money, baggage etc) but not the cost of the holiday if paid for with deals...Tescos own insurance is the only one I could find that would give us full cover....hope this helps...another good point is you only get the holiday at full brochure price, not the price you see on the net , or late deals price...so might seem more expensive, but I regard it as FREE, so don't mind the fact that it was extra £200 than if I had been shopping around...don't think Virgin apply the same criteria( but not sure , maybe someone else could give that info)....hope this info is of use to some other peeps thats why I didn't just PM...
  • Thrifty_Sister
    Thrifty_Sister Posts: 5,824 Forumite
    Options
    Big thank you to Ferrikins who was kind enough to pm me re the Dole mocs - worked a treat.
  • nic.cj
    nic.cj Posts: 123 Forumite
    Options
    bullshot wrote: »
    I went with Cosmos Elite( mainly 5*)included airport transfers and meal on plane(don't laugh but you don't get this now with budget airlines)...I paid deposit £150 with C/card( you never know)and rest with club card deal vouchers, used £375 worth £1500...total cost of holiday was £1650, 11 nights B&B sea view room at the SAS Radisson St Julians...can highly recommend it.....flight going was delayed by 8 hours but we hadn't left home when Air Malta called to tell us not to set off, when we got to the airport they gave us free return flights as an apology...got to use them before the end of this September, difficult using points for just the hotel..was going to use Cadoggan , who were with Tesco Deals until May this year, but thought better of that as XL were taken off the deals with Tesco just before they went bust...one thing to be wary of when booking a holiday with your club card deals , is your travel insurance......... no company I tried to insure with would cover the cost of holiday part( they would cover money, baggage etc) but not the cost of the holiday if paid for with deals...Tescos own insurance is the only one I could find that would give us full cover....hope this helps...another good point is you only get the holiday at full brochure price, not the price you see on the net , or late deals price...so might seem more expensive, but I regard it as FREE, so don't mind the fact that it was extra £200 than if I had been shopping around...don't think Virgin apply the same criteria( but not sure , maybe someone else could give that info)....hope this info is of use to some other peeps thats why I didn't just PM...

Thank you so much this is really useful and definately worth saving points up for, I haven't got a huge amount on points at the moment so am going to save up and go somewhere next year. Yeah so excited!! Thanks again BS for the advice really appreicate it. Nic xx
  • SandDancer
    SandDancer Posts: 410 Forumite
    Options
    god morning all :D , hope everyone is having a great day so far
    :DI NEED 3 MORE CRAVENDALE CODES PLEASE HELP PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANY:D

:j:jWOOOHOOOO BANKRUPT AT LAST:dance::dance:
  • kathie1101
    kathie1101 Posts: 375 Forumite
    Options
    jeferey wrote: »
    Apparently you have to buy 2 x milks to get the 40 points. Points offer not quite so good if that's the case.

Yep Jeferey is right, I was going to get some last night (OH drinks coffee by the gallon and will only use full fat, plus with a toddler in the house we go through tons of it!) but checked on Tesco site and you do have to get 2. Sadly don't have room in fridge for 2 (cos I drink semi) and no room in freezer either.

Still on the subject of milk though, the one with the purple cap (can't remember what it's called) something 1% - halfway between fullfat and semi is currently on offer at 65p for 2L - I got some of that and it aint too bad.
  • pinkprincedss1980
    Options
    kathie1101 wrote: »
    Yep Jeferey is right, I was going to get some last night (OH drinks coffee by the gallon and will only use full fat, plus with a toddler in the house we go through tons of it!) but checked on Tesco site and you do have to get 2. Sadly don't have room in fridge for 2 (cos I drink semi) and no room in freezer either.

Still on the subject of milk though, the one with the purple cap (can't remember what it's called) something 1% - halfway between fullfat and semi is currently on offer at 65p for 2L - I got some of that and it aint too bad.

It's called The One made by Robert Wiseman and I normally either buy this one or Fresh an Lo by him and both are great I find :D:D:D:D
  • jeferey
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    It's called The One made by Robert Wiseman and I normally either buy this one or Fresh an Lo by him and both are great I find :D:D:D:D
    I agree - the Fresh an Lo is decent milk and normally it's cheaper (per ml) than the usual Tesco stuff. I think they've just put it up to £1.10 per 2L
  • SandDancer
    SandDancer Posts: 410 Forumite
    edited 8 July 2009 at 12:18PM
    Options
    :dance: £1 off SIGN UP HERE - http://www.neutrogenauk.co.uk/wave?showSignUp=true , fill in your details , put a check in the box ( have you purchased a neutrogena wave ) LEAVE THE PROMO CODE BOX BLANK .
    USE A REAL EMAIL ADDY :cool:
    you will get an email sent to you within a few seconds of submitting , just click on the link to print your £1 off voucher ( couponent so i cant use it :mad: ) but all of my lovely coupon friends can :beer:

NSS,PRINTS 2 COPYS , VALID FOR 14 DAYS
    :DI NEED 3 MORE CRAVENDALE CODES PLEASE HELP PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANY:D

:j:jWOOOHOOOO BANKRUPT AT LAST:dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills