18185 beware

Options
Hi could anyone help, I've have been overcharged by this company, fine Ill ring them up or e-mail them, problem, cant find anywhere on their website to contact them at all!!!.
Have tried service@18185.co.uk but the e-mail bounces back saying, These recipients of your message have been processed by the mail server: service@18185.co.uk; Failed; 5.1.1 (bad destination mailbox address).
You go around in circles in the contact area on the website without actually finding any contact details.
Wont be using this company again if its impossible to contact them.
Any idea's how to contact them?
Thanks in advance:cool:
A fool and their money are easily parted.

Comments

• OldGreyFox
    OldGreyFox Posts: 1,403 Forumite
    edited 27 June 2009 at 11:48AM
    Options
  • coolsteel
    coolsteel Posts: 356 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just checked and 18866 and 1899 are like 18185 are ALL uncontactable.
    So it your overcharged like me there is no way to rectify the situation to my knowlege anyway.
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Can you be a little more specific as to how they've overcharged you?
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • RatAtAt
    RatAtAt Posts: 100 Forumite
    edited 28 June 2009 at 4:48PM
    Options
    Back in 2005 when I was having trouble setting up a direct debit, my bank told me that their contact number for call18866 was 08081703939. It worked for me then (got through to their accounts people) but I don't know whether it still works. I think 18866 1899 and 18185 are all the same. If not, see whether your bank has a number?
  • londondulwich
    Options
    Their terms and conditions can be read here http://www.18185.co.uk/termsconditions.php

They give this information which includes a phone number:

Ending the Contract

You may end this Contract for the 18185 Service by cancelling your subscription via our website or by calling our customer services telephone number 0808 170 18185 from your registered telephone number(s).
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    You may end this Contract for the 18185 Service by cancelling your subscription via our website or by calling our customer services telephone number 0808 170 18185 from your registered telephone number(s).
    But that's a 12-digit number (one digit too many).
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • coolsteel
    Options
    Their terms and conditions can be read here http://www.18185.co.uk/termsconditions.php

Ending the Contract

Tried ringing this number and its an automated service no real people to talk to.
    Back to square one.:confused:
  • Greatgimp
    Greatgimp Posts: 1,052 Forumite
    Academoney Grad First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    If you don't dial 18185 before any regular phone number, surely that's the same as terminating your account, or have I missed something?
  • ACDeag
    ACDeag Posts: 742 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Ending the Contract

You can end it by logging into your account, there is an option there to terminate.
  • coolsteel
    Options
    Seem to be going of topic slightly, i don't want to terminate anything all i want to do is contact the company either via e-mail or phone to query a bill. But as i have said there is no means to do this. So lets say by some major error i was overcharged by £1000 how could i stop them debiting my account with no means of communication?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure