18185 beware

Options
2»

Comments

• utilitybroker
    utilitybroker Posts: 2,207 Forumite
    Options
    coolsteel wrote: »
    Seem to be going of topic slightly, i don't want to terminate anything all i want to do is contact the company either via e-mail or phone to query a bill. But as i have said there is no means to do this. So lets say by some major error i was overcharged by £1000 how could i stop them debiting my account with no means of communication?

There is a contact email address in this thread you might find useful.;)

http://www.saynoto0870.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1207732499/21
  • ACDeag
    ACDeag Posts: 742 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    coolsteel wrote: »
    Seem to be going of topic slightly, i don't want to terminate anything all i want to do is contact the company either via e-mail or phone to query a bill. But as i have said there is no means to do this. So lets say by some major error i was overcharged by £1000 how could i stop them debiting my account with no means of communication?

I chose their Direct Debit option so that I can always claim from my bank under the Direct Debit Guarantee if an error is made.
  • JohalaReewi
    JohalaReewi Posts: 2,614 Forumite
    Options
    ACDeag wrote: »
    I chose their Direct Debit option so that I can always claim from my bank under the Direct Debit Guarantee if an error is made.

Correct!
    If 18185 take too much via direct debit, you can calim a full and immediate refund from your bank under the Direct Debit Guarantee Scheme. Having done this, 18185 will soon contact you :)
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Some time ago, I added the following email address to my address book. I don't remember when or why but, for what it's worth: [EMAIL="helpdeskcollect@hq.nl"]helpdeskcollect@hq.nl[/EMAIL]
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure