Contacting 18185

Options
Good morning,
Can anyone tell me if they too have had a problem contacting 18185 customer service. When I follow instructions on website, click on contact us all I keep getting is HTTP400 BAD REQUEST.:mad: Any ideas, or does anyone know any other way of contacting them appart from writing?
Kind regards,
JANSPAM.

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Welcome to the MSE forums JANSPAM.

I'm getting the same so they obviously have a fault.

A reply won't be quick but you could try emailing [EMAIL="service@18185.co.uk"]service@18185.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • JANSPAM
    JANSPAM Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Heinz,
    I've tried emailing [EMAIL="sevice@18185.co.uk"]sevice@18185.co.uk[/EMAIL] and all I get is a message back saying Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently. They still managed to send me an invoice this morning though!!! It seems, they can get in touch with us, but us not them.
    They have taken money out of my bank account and from my credit card after they told me that my credit card wouldn't work and they needed another form of payment. I've now cancel both direct debit methods until they get intouch. I don't like the idea of someone having access to my money without me having any way of communicating with them. (Call me old fashioned)!!!
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Of course, you have control over the DD call (you can demand your bank reverses it forthwith under the DD guarantee) but none over the credit card call (Martin warned some years ago about how dangerous giving continuous payment authority on credit and debit cards was).
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • digp
    digp Posts: 2,013 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It hasn;t be working for ages ----how odd, eh?
  • JANSPAM
    JANSPAM Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I suppose I thought it was a safe company with it been mentioned on the Money Saving website. I do,nt normally give out my credit card details for DD payments, I'll be more careful in future. Lucky for me it was only a small amount of money ( a couple of pounds). I'd hate to think it could happen to someone with a large bill, especially in todays climate when we have to watch every penny!
    It would be interesting to know if there's anyone else out there who's had the same problem ( been told payment method not working, then when given new details taking money out of both accounts).
  • Cheesy_Boy
    Options
    In April 2009 I used 18185 to make a call to a mobile number, which cost 35p. In May 2009 I received an email from 18185 stating I owed £1.55. I checked their invoice and this only showed the one call costing 35p. I have tried contacting them by email, written to the PO Box in London (returned RLO by Post Office) and even emailed Finarea in Switerland, but have been unable to get any response. As anyone had any success in obtaining a response from 18185?
  • digp
    digp Posts: 2,013 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I had a not dissimilar experience; they were randomly issuing invoices for small amounts but we had not used the service for ages.

Is there an alternative?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport