Keep getting failed invoice email from 18185

Options
I periodically receive an email from 18185 telling me my invoice has failed despite:

1) The money having already left my bank account in January
2) The service still working
3) Me having a direct debit on my bank account to "CONNECT TELECOM UK"

Since I can't contact 18185 (can't find a number or even an email address) what do I do?

Thanks.

Comments

• doofla
    Options
    I had an email from them today saying my payment had been refused. My credit card company say this is not true. Worryingly, all the links on the website and the email they sent to me for contacting them are disabled. Not good customer service.
    I suppose I will have to wait for them to contact me again or try my credit card again. You say this has happened periodically - what has happened in the past - have they frozen your account?
  • Gray-Fox
    Gray-Fox Posts: 312 Forumite
    Options
    doofla wrote: »
    I had an email from them today saying my payment had been refused. My credit card company say this is not true. Worryingly, all the links on the website and the email they sent to me for contacting them are disabled. Not good customer service.
    I suppose I will have to wait for them to contact me again or try my credit card again. You say this has happened periodically - what has happened in the past - have they frozen your account?

I said in my post that the service is still working.
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    You may have a DD or CPA on a debit or credit card set up but, if their call failed, their call failed. Check your invoices online and check your payments. Pay any shortfall by BACS or your service will be cut off.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=5602005#post5602005
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Gray-Fox
    Options
    Heinz wrote: »
    You may have a DD or CPA on a debit or credit card set up but, if their call failed, their call failed. Check your invoices online and check your payments. Pay any shortfall by BACS or your service will be cut off.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=5602005#post5602005

I already said that

1) The payment had already left my account in January i.e. why are they trying to take the same money again?????

and

2) The service is still working and has never not worked.
  • Speedee
    Speedee Posts: 115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We got an email saying "sorry to inform your bank has declined payment" today, too. This is the second time. We only signed up on 1st January! they haven't taken a payment at all yet. The first time the bank details were blank, so I filled them in again after I checked with the Bank branch who said nothing was showing for them, just BT!, but if I look the bank details are OK now, as far as I know; I will check at a branch again.

They say the alternative to changing the payment details are Online Banking :

"2. Online banking
    If you have online banking please transfer the full outstanding invoice, without rounding up or down, to account 22069880, sort code 15-10-00 in name of Connect Telecom UK Limited in London. Please ensure to mention your customer number xxxxxxxx when making a payment. We automatically match payments by customer number therefore if you do not mention your customer number as a description your payment may not be added to your 18185 account."

We don't do Online banking, and would still prefer the Direct Debit from the bank account, and not via a debit card (no credit card now).

If I go into the branch can they still accept BACS like Heinz said?

Thanks
  • Speedee
    Speedee Posts: 115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The last line of the email I got from 18185 (above) said

"(This is an automatically generated email, replies should be sent to [EMAIL="service@18185.co.uk"]Customer Services[/EMAIL])" where "Customer Services" is [EMAIL="service@18185.co.uk"]service@18185.co.uk[/EMAIL]!

It says do not reply to the email address that the email comes from, i.e. 18185 Credit Control - but hovering over link gives: [EMAIL="donotreply@18185.co.uk"]donotreply@18185.co.uk[/EMAIL].

So I thought I'd let them know I was going to look into it, so I sent a reply to "Customer Services" at [EMAIL="service@18185.co.uk"]service@18185.co.uk[/EMAIL]

After a few minutes I got this reply back.

"This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[EMAIL="service@18185.co.uk"]service@18185.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Technical details of permanent failure:
    "My_ISP" tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 5.1.1 User unknown (state 14)."

Which is a bit hard when you can't contact them!!

Any comments please, is this normal?

Thanks, Speedee :)
  • digp
    digp Posts: 2,013 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Matter for MSE'rs - can they sort this out?
  • OldGreyFox
    OldGreyFox Posts: 1,403 Forumite
    Options
    digp wrote: »
    Matter for MSE'rs - can they sort this out?

Sort what out you digging up old threads.:confused:
  • Cheesy_Boy
    Options

There are clearly a number of people who would like to know how to contact 18185, and yes I for one would like MSE to sort this out!!!
  • OldGreyFox
    OldGreyFox Posts: 1,403 Forumite
    edited 26 June 2009 at 9:43PM
    Options
    Cheesy_Boy wrote: »

There are clearly a number of people who would like to know how to contact 18185, and yes I for one would like MSE to sort this out!!!

I am not sure why MSE should sort out 18185 lack of customer service You pays for what you get..:confused:

18185 is owned by Finarea . Does this help you http://www.finarea.ch/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport