Sliderobes or Spaceslide or other? OPinions Please (fitted wardrobes)

Options

Comments

• jamtart6
    jamtart6 Posts: 8,302 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the tip about B&Q. i didnt go near sharps for fear of being shocked!

:ABeing Thrifty Gifty again this year:A

• cazzashirley
    Options
    If you know a good joiner he will be able to get trade for you, I had one that worked for Carringtons in Wilmslow and is a kitchen and bedroom fitter he designed my son's wardrobes, which included a pull out desk all bits for his shoes toys etc with my 9 year old after all he has to live with it and keep it in order!! and its perfect for him and was a fraction of the price of what you would pay a company.
  • Danswatton
    Options
    I have just bought a set of sliding doors from Deane, which seem really good. I must say they took a while (3 weeks) but the end result was excellent.
  • markadrian
    Options
    Some of these companies will send out a sample of the materials used. Supprisingly you can tell a lot about the quality if get them to send a sample of the Metal Frame that they use.

There is a HUGE diffrence in quality, and it is easy to judge why one company is vastly different in price to the other.

I have discovered one company is easly bent in you hands whilst another could hardly be marked with the crash of a hammer.

If you want Ikea prices, expect to get Ikea quality.

Good Luck
  • moneypammy
    moneypammy Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 October 2010 at 10:39PM
    Options
    I had a Deane bedroom fitted earlier in the year too. Its great, sliding wardrobes the width of the room with shelving, split hanging in one half, over bed cupboards and small wardrobe each side of the bed and small draws/bedside cabinets. All the interiors and handles and the price was good. I had to book the fitting but only 3 weeks wait and the man fitted it on his own in a day and a half. Really nice job. Hampshire based.

I am just saving up for the next room to be done now.
  • Antispam
    Antispam Posts: 6,636 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sliderobes you need permission to post as a customer rep also your not allowed to post personnel information and or advertise which you clearly have. I have reported you to abuse
  • jillrobbuk
    Options
    I had a friend recently in the market for this type of wardrobe and she was amazed at the difference in quality and in price - her words were 'you get what you pay for'. She looked at Ikea and Sliderobes and went for the latter because of the quality and because Ikea only come in 'standard' sizes- which her room didn't conform to.
    Looks like there has been companies monitoring this too- I personally think its a step forward that they responded!
  • Darlyd
    Darlyd Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    Options
    I found this post when I did a Google search after watching the TV advert for sliderobes.

At the moment we have 2 Mexican pine double wardrobes and we want to have larger wardrobes, wall to floor to fit all of [strike]my[/strike] our clothes! But there is no way we could afford the above prices.

Ikea seems a good idea, We could manage that, But where to start? Do we measure floor to ceiling, width, depth etc? We really want floor to ceiling so we can have that extra hidden storage.

How do I find wardrobe planner on Ikea? :)
  • Appaya
    Appaya Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Ikea wont do anything bespoke or made to measure so forget them if you want something to go floor to ceiling. They're a great company, but if you want sliding wardrobes, dont get them fitted on a big flatpack chipboard box, spend your moey on some floor to ceiling doors and use you floor walls and ceiling as 'the box' (they alreaady exist so you dont have to pay for them!!!!! We've bought 5 sets for 3 different houses over the years, we've used 2 of the companies mentioned above, and were happy with them (except the price), but weve now discovered a company called Sliding Wardrobe World (at the same name on the internet) who will take your measurements online, and then make to measure for you, and deliver. All you have to do is screw your tracks in, and position your doors........... they use good qulaity stuff and the prices are good too
  • jillrobbuk
    Options
    Hi Daryld..have you had a look at how much it might cost for sliderobes? my friend was able to get 3 years interest free credit on hers, every time I go over to her house I am totally jealous! lol. I might get them out to give me a quote - when the other half is out of the way :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure