I'm taking back control.....

Options

Comments

• ClootiesMum
    ClootiesMum Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 July 2009 at 8:04AM
    Options
    Decisions, decisions - update diary or watch EastEnders - the thought of Phil & anyone makes me go YEEUUUGH so here I am in diary land planning tomorrow.

MSE

Kitchen foraged lunch -done
    Kitchen foraged tea - prepared - waiting for DH requiring fed
    Spreadsheets -done
    Pigsback - done
    Get really stuck into e-bay book for selling next week - did read a bit - but more to be done

Non MSE

Actually post letter through lawyers door in morning (6.30ish before work) -done
    Make up shopping template - I know it's carried over but.... - started - will take a bit of tweaking though
    Shred stuff from tidied out file for paper lift on Monday -done
    Tidy out bills drawer in living room and check what needs paid at the same time -done
    Look for pressie for friend who I contacted as part of last week's task - not very MSE & I can't discuss but I HAVE to get a wee congratulations type pressie - have looked, but can't find suitable priced stuff online - need trip to shops methinks

So busy day again tomorrow.

Have a good one folks

CM
    Debts 07/12/2021
    #280/#310.08/#450/#575.47/#750/#1000/#1200/#1848.83
  • ClootiesMum
    edited 11 July 2009 at 8:05AM
    Options
    Well today's work is nearly done so it's time to plan for tomorrow - might as well do this before DH appears with the box of wine he was instructed to get otherwise the post might be totally incomprehensible

So for MSE

Home made lunch - no way, this has been a chocolate needed day so this also includes sarnies from van
    Foraged tea -done
    NSD - apart from chocolate, sarnies & crisps it might happen yet
    Pigsback - done
    Spreadsheets -done

Non MSE

Put oil in car before going to work (engine is still too hot just now) - done
    Empty boot of car - DH was ashamed when a friend put my jack back into the boot - but in my defence the boot is usually closed so what's the problem.
    Spend 30 mins tidying out the millions of e-mails I seem to have accumulated - done
    Write a wee note to another friend I haven't been in contact with for a while -done
    Washing needs to be done - it's beginning to climb out of the basket again - done & is being air dried to make up for lack of NSD & home made lunch

From next week my aim is to cut down from 5 tasks a day to 3 of each, but the challenges will be bigger. Spreadsheets/Foraged lunch/Pigsback & stuff will all just be daily tasks & I'll put another couple in for good measure (I feel I'm cheating ate the moment). And the non MSE things - I've done the easy stuff and the things I need to do now are getting scary.

I'll work out over the next few days what I need to do but any suggestions form you folks would be gratefully accepted.

Take care folks

CM
    Debts 07/12/2021
  • ClootiesMum
    Options
    Came home tonight to an early pressie from DH -

2 chickens & a hen hut :j:j:j:j:j

I am chuffed to bits - sad I know but.....

They now have names - Bluebell (a Blue Belle hen) & Rocky (Black Rock)

Clootie Boy & Diego Dorgi are fascinated with them & want to play with them :rolleyes:

I'm off now to go & look at them again

CM
    Debts 07/12/2021
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Wow! Chickens!! I hope you soon get plenty of eggs :T
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • ClootiesMum
    Options
    Eggs are a bonus - only problem is you get spoiled having such fresh eggs - then you have to buy some from the supermarket.

Did you know you can recycle slugs into eggs? Find slugs when gardening - feed slugs to hens (yes, they love them) - hens make eggs.
    I love recycling

CM
    Debts 07/12/2021
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ewww, slugs -I've suddenly gone off eggs :rotfl:
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • ClootiesMum
    Options
    Had to physically lift Bluebell and Rocky to theri beds last night - I don't think they've ever been outside before and have never perched .... so chicken training is now the order of the day.

But they managed to work out how to come outside when I opened the door for them this morning.

They have a wee window in their nesting box sp you can see them without disturbing them - would I be right in assuming that a net curtain would nbe just too much :rotfl::rotfl:

CM
    Debts 07/12/2021
  • ClootiesMum
    edited 11 July 2009 at 8:12AM
    Options
    After yesterday's disastrous day I'll try to start again today full of good intentions

MSE

Spreadsheets (will do yesterday's as well)-done
    Pigsback -done
    Try not to spend too much at charity day @ work today -these things cost a fortune :eek: -not too bad - only spent £3 & 'won' a bottle of wine in the tombola & some posh shower gel to go in the possible presents box
    Make up meal plan for next week - Done
    Plan smart shopping list so I most definately don't have to break in to Hypno's £20 challenge £20 for lunches or coffees... - done

Non MSE

Another half hour on e-mail clearing -done
    Empty boot of car - really, I will
    Drop a wee note to a long lost friend - again, I promise -done
    Phone wee bruv, lawyer & estate agent about putting Mum's house on the market. -done
    Catch up on MSE diaries - DH is working tonight so I can do whatever I want:T -done

Anyway - need coffee before I start work (it's not a machine coffee but made from a jar of cheapo coffee) so must go in case the shakes set it....

Happy Friday folks

CM
    Debts 07/12/2021
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i like your lists. I guess I really should start doing lists too. Have you thought about australia or new zealand as your dream place? Not sure I would ever live in USA for any length of time, their casual attitude to gun carrying is just too scary..

hope you continue to do well, and step away from the butty van!!!!
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • ClootiesMum
    edited 10 July 2009 at 12:41PM
    Options
    Thanks Chevalier - Australia is a no-no - we went out a few years ago on a long holiday & although the cities were wonderful, as was the actual country we found the folk in the suburbs and more rural areas (where we tend to gravitate to) very sexist & racist which is really not something I could live with. I know this was probably just bad luck on our part but it does colour our opinion of Oz.
    New Zealand on the other hand........ I would love to go there - (starts to go into a dream about next holiday in NZ -)

The are that we fancied in the Good Ole U S of A was Idaho - it's not the guns that you worry about there it's the Deliverance style mountain men - that's why we have pretty doggies - we'll send them out first to give us a chance to hide out back

And you're too late to stop me going to the butty van - It's been and gone - ant the bacon butty with brown sauce was lovely. This will stop next week though - Thanks to Hypno :mad:

CM
    Debts 07/12/2021
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills