🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

I'm taking back control.....

Options

Comments

• ClootiesMum
    ClootiesMum Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 July 2009 at 7:59AM
    Options
    Thanks Time2GrowUp (which, sadly, I have never done ;) - can't believe I'm officially middle aged)
    I've not attempted ebay yet - I like reading & preparation so I'm doing that at moment for full assault later

It turns out DH misread letter & I'm only off for an assessment this month - as 3 sep dentists have already assessed the situation I can probably skip this step - but remainder of tooth needs to come out so I will go for appointment.

Anyhow for tommorrow's menu I have planned

MSE
    Update spreadsheets -done
    H/made lunch -done
    More e-bay book - read a wee bit - but the Mentalist was on (drool)
    Provide haircut to Doggy Boy No 1 :eek: - this may look scary but it saves about £15 - done - dog looks gorgeous
    Check FLA have recorded 2 complaints re PPI as only one ackowledgement recd -done

Non MSE
    Practise fur styling after haircut on Doggy Boy 1 - not done - this would be BAD
    Another letter out to a long time friend - done
    Fix bathroom cupboard door - this will take approx 10 seconds but has been waiting 1 yr to be done - done
    Hang Ikea curtain rod in conservatory - done
    Phone call to Mum's pal who I try to keep in contact with (this can take an hour or so....) - done

So tomorrow will be busy - also have a top boss man coming to office so have to be presentable in morning - much coffee is required...

Have a good one folks

CM
    Debts 07/12/2021
    #280/#310.08/#450/#575.47/#750/#1000/#1200/#1848.83
  • Scottishmummy
    Scottishmummy Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Thanks for popping on to my diary. I love your lists. DH got me into using lists but I am not very good at them but I do try. You have reminded me I have a pile of paperwork needing filed away before cat sitter is here while we are away. Too many bits of info I don't want known outside the four walls of this house and this lovely anonymous site.
    The person who moves a mountain begins by carrying small stones.
    Diet loss starting Sept 2019 0/80lbs:eek::o
    Proud to be No. 47 of the DMP mutual support club
    DFW Nerd #380. Proud to be dealing with my debt
  • ClootiesMum
    Options
    Thanks ScottishMummy - & believe me, I fully understand re recognition in the streets....

Now, paperwork needing filing you say - can't you shred that for the cat litter tray - wonderful recycling if you ask me.
    Debts 07/12/2021
  • Scottishmummy
    Options
    Hmmm, I'm a bit of a paperwork hoarder - bank statements for seven years etc!
  • ClootiesMum
    edited 4 July 2009 at 8:57AM
    Options
    WooHoo It's Friday and Andy Murray's playing today

But in the spirit of MSE - here we go

MSE

Update spreadsheets -done
    Claim back PPI on storecard (as FLA have lost 1 of 2 complaints...) - done
    Forage in kitchen for tea -done & eaten
    Meal plan for next week - done as well & it's scary how much is in the freezer
    Check Pigsback & do competitions - done

Non MSE
    Wee bit of ironing needing done - done
    1 hour gardening - shame, it's raining
    Find spare bulb for dining room light & change this (again only a wee thing but this is really annoying me) - prepped - need to but lightbulb tomorrow
    Conservatory door hinge looks a bit dodgy - fix this with hammer - well fixed
    Phone aunt abroad or write her a letter if she's not in. - not in but wee note written

That's enough for the moment - and there are bacon rolls & cakes at work today as a thank you for hitting targets - the day just gets better & better.

Have a good one folks

CM
    Debts 07/12/2021
  • Scottishmummy
    Options
    there are bacon rolls & cakes at work today

That's the kind of place I want to work at:D
  • ClootiesMum
    Options
    Trust me - they get their pound of flesh before they insist they put another pound on us....

But it is nice & we supply our own brown sauce to make things even yummier

CM
    Debts 07/12/2021
  • ClootiesMum
    edited 6 July 2009 at 7:31AM
    Options
    It's the weekend - at last

DH is off tomorrow :jso tomorrow will be a day off from MSE. He has noticed that I've been doing things around the house but is not saying much - I think he's just happy not having to think about cleaning house/clean clothes/ironed clothes/eating..... I think I've drawn the short straw here. But he did look concerned yesterday when I marched into the living room wielding a hammer - he jumped up from the seat pretty damn quick (hammer was for door hinge - what else?:rolleyes:).

Anyway, for today

MSE

Spreadsheets -done
    Pigsback - done
    Air dry clothes - being done
    Much more of e-bay book - read a bit more
    Tidy out cupboard in spare room as this is going to be my e-bay stash place & I know there are ebayables in there - turns out this is a scary job so only part done

Non MSE

Go shopping for the week's supplies - done
    Clean house :( - done
    I have some work forms that need to be done - I'm not in the habit of bringing work home but on this occassion - needs must & if I have this done I'll not feel as harrassed on Monday - done
    Gardening - weather permitting - it rained - honest
    Fix the door on the TV cupboard - DH has never got round to this so it's time to put him to shame. -mostly done
    Anyhow - away off to tidy before going shopping (a necessary evil in my book)

Have a good weekend folks

CM
    Debts 07/12/2021
  • ClootiesMum
    edited 6 July 2009 at 4:32PM
    Options
    Monday again :( where did the weekend go?

Anyway - on to brighter & better things - todays challenges are......

MSE

Update spreadsheets - done
    Aim for a NSD - so far so good - & I'm home now with no intentions of going out
    Forage in kitchen for home made lunch - Done & eaten
    Pop onto gardening forum for advice on what I can still plant - went on to do this & found someone els had done the same - much thanking but no need to post now
    Pigsback - done

Non MSE

Phone lawyer re Mum's estate - done
    Phone gardener to arrange for her to go and attack Mum's garden - done
    Wee bit of ironing to get done
    Hope to get 1 hr of gardening done - it's chucking it down & roads have been closed due to floods so the nearest I'll get to gardening is putting the sandbags out
    Finish off cupboard door - OK, I'll not make a joiner but the door now opens on 2 hinges instead of 1

Have a good day folks

CM
    Debts 07/12/2021
  • ClootiesMum
    edited 7 July 2009 at 7:24PM
    Options
    As DH ain't home yet (he doesn't know about this diary - he'd get upset) I'm going to work out tomorrow's stuff to be done

MSE

Home foraged lunch -done & enjoyed
    Spreadsheets - done
    Look out seeds that I have so I can work out what I need to get to plant out at weekend. - done & seeds shopping list made up
    Pigsback - done
    Have another NSD - woohoo - 2 in a row

Non MSE

Finish clearing that *&%$£** cupboard in the spare room- done - and how much junk did I find???
    Hand in letter to lawyers that I received today & need to sign - will hand in 7am tomorrow but have had this signed & witnessed
    Clear out another file from personal filing box - done, but it's the last of the small files - the next 4 are biggies (can you guess I keep stuff "just in case"
    Make up a template shopping list - that way I don't have to think as much when I'm organising the shopping - OK this will have to passed on to tomorrow's list as time is not on my side today
    Work out how to amend/change title of thread - it just sounds soooo boring (almost as boring as me) -got it sussed & I'm really chuffed

Well folks, off to do the ironing now - & pray it doesn't rain too much as I really don't fancy another 5am wake up to hear the neighbours shouting that the house is flooding (as happened last August).

Have a good day folks

CM
    Debts 07/12/2021
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 7 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts