🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

I'm taking back control.....

Options

Comments

• ClootiesMum
    ClootiesMum Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for that Fire Fox.
    I've been lucky this week in that DH has been a late finish a couple of nights so I can potter away without having to explain things.
    This week I will start on the MSE & general things as well - I think Wed sounds good (1st of month & all that)
    I could cheat & put in for my MSE things stuff like air drying clothes & taking home-made lunch to work but as I do that already it would be really naughty - but I am good at being naughty....

Anyway - off to work now to make some pennies

CM
    Debts 07/12/2021
    #280/#310.08/#450/#575.47/#750/#1000/#1200/#1848.83
  • ClootiesMum
    Options
    I have a quick question re NSDs - if you have bills copming out of bank acct but do not actually spend any cash does this count as a NSD?

Just in preparation for next attack on debts & stuff to do...

Thanks

CM
    Debts 07/12/2021
  • DedicatedDFW
    DedicatedDFW Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Hi CM, This is my 1st ever post on here. I just wanted to say you are doing really well accomplishing things on your lists. It is really encouraging to me as I have lists which seem endless! I will be subscribing to your thread.
    CC1:T £[STRIKE]2531[/STRIKE] £1460
    MORTGAGE OVERPAYMENTS: £10575.20 Target £12,100
    MF Date: [STRIKE]August 2042[/STRIKE] May 2035
    Declutter 1000 things by Xmas 2015! 53/1000
  • ClootiesMum
    Options
    Good to hear from you Dedicated DFW - and thanks.

I have so much going on at the moment I really am having to take these baby steps - I even got out of bed last noght to note someting else that needed to be done in my diary - that's sad.

And I'm just in the process of drawing up the latter to Thailand so hopefully by lunch time that will be sorted.

CM
    Debts 07/12/2021
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a quick question re NSDs - if you have bills copming out of bank acct but do not actually spend any cash does this count as a NSD?
    CM

I think the rules are whatever feels right to you. I count a NSD as one where the only thing I spend on is my bus fair to work, since that is unavoidable. :confused: I'd be inclined to say it's an NSD if you are 100% confident that the bill is essential AND you have done everything in your power to reduce it.

For example, you have to pay for utilities but you might have already switched to the cheapest supplier, read your meters on a monthly basis, started doing laundry at a lower temperature, sold the tumble dryer, turned the thermostat down, have brief showers instead of baths, set the hot water to come on once a day instead of twice a day ... :cool:
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • ClootiesMum
    edited 30 June 2009 at 7:35PM
    Options
    Thanks Fire Fox - I'm good at making my own rules - so I think I'll go with a NSD being no money leaving my purse (I might even include pockets as well).

Anyway - although the ironing is still to be done I'm going to tackle tomorrow's work.

Clean and wash out fridge - done & how embarrassing was that!!!
    Make a list of all food in freezers (if identifiable), fridge and cupboards to help cut down on food shopping for next few weeks - also done & all bar 3 tubs identified
    Start to make up a spending spreadsheet - Have drawn this up but will need to see how it works as this is a work in progress & will need tweaking
    Upload camera to PC & check I can work it in preparation for ebay assault - And I ain't no David Bailey but I can switch it on & off & upload a picture to the PC - and also find it afterwards
    And hopefully 1hr gardening - as the heatwave MUST have reached us by then. -
    If not gardening then will make up a 5-a-day list for DH as he is off on Wednesday & he gets bored - bless - no gardening - but have managed this instead

CM
    Debts 07/12/2021
  • ClootiesMum
    edited 1 July 2009 at 10:39PM
    Options
    Now it's time to up the ante - 5 MSE things & 5 to do things per day - some of the MSE things might seem easy @ first but I'm trying hard to get into a routine here - & it's working

MSE
    Forage in kitchen for tea -done
    Take lunch to work - done & devoured
    Fill in newly made up spreadsheets - done
    Sort out bills for DH pay on Friday - done
    Start reading e-bay for dummies - Done - well intro bit & stuff

Non MSE
    Print off 121 at work in preparation for Thursday - done
    Set up e-bay bank details -done
    Scrub front door mat - done
    Wash living room rug - Done
    I have friends that I have sporadic contact with so I will write a letter to one of them - this is something I've really meant to do for a long time & feel so guilty that I haven't done it - done

That's it folks - I'm off to tidy up the wine I found in the fridge - I believe it might go off.

CM
    Debts 07/12/2021
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You are putting me to shame - I am fairly organised on the finances front, but my flat ... I just keep buying new stuff and packing up old stuff. I have a box of books for the library, a bag of clothes for eBay, and a huge pile of paperwork for filing. :o
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • ClootiesMum
    Options
    No-one should be put to shame with my efforts - all these things I'm trying to get done are long overdue.
    And there is method in the madness - the more stuff I get done & more stuff I ebay(once I get round to that) then the less there is to clean or worry about - and the less stuff there is to consider when moving to our dream place - wherever that may be.
    The finances are the least organised & scariest - hence the debt outstanding - but I do have a cunning plan for that.
    And I've just had an appointment through today for the extraction of a wisdom tooth :eek:- so things have got to be all nice & tidy for the end of the month in case the horror stories are right & this REALLY hurts. But I'm sure I will be fine - & DH should appreciate the lack of chat.

CM
    Debts 07/12/2021
  • TIME2GROWUP_2
    TIME2GROWUP_2 Posts: 398 Forumite
    Options
    :hello:Hello..

You are doing well with all your lists... have you tried listing on Ebay yet? I did some yesterday but get bored very quickly when things don't sell immediately, but at least its something to strike off the list..:D

I had all my wisdom teeth taken out about 12 years ago, I didn't find it too bad, lots of tea and sympathy you may need.. and if you can't chat at least you'll be able to type...!!!!

Keep going, i'm still keeping up with your thread.. x
    AFD - J 19 J 11 A 2 S 10 Oct 6 N 0/?
    J GC - £282-47 A - £232-36 - S - £308-93 Oct - £399.34
    MC Hol - £153/551.88 28% PAID!!
    CHRISTMAS 09 - 9 PRESENTS SORTED...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income