countersigning passports

Options

Comments

• GemChiefSaver
    Options
    mutley74 wrote: »
    send the passport an email on their website - under contact us.
    usually they reply back same day.

Thanks i'll drop them an email now...

thanks for your help! :D
  • pennylane99
    pennylane99 Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    the person countersigning also has to fill in their own passort number and details on the form, which they will check against their records

there is a list of who can sign...

http://www.ips.gov.uk/passport/apply-countersign.asp
  • Janeyjaz
    Janeyjaz Posts: 544 Forumite
    Options
    Like the friend who works for the NHS in admin with a bsc
    Titch :)
  • Andy_L
    Andy_L Posts: 12,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd be inclined to say, that as Civil Servants & Local gov can sign an NHS employee can under the "similar standing" specification

You could of course always ask the IPSS
  • moneypooh
    moneypooh Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    CharleneUK wrote: »
    I recently enquired at the passport website about countersignatures on childrens renewals.

I was told I'd need it if my child had changed a lot in appearance, which I think she has (it was almost 4 years ago)

Last year we renewed our little darlings passports. They had changed quite a bit but didn't get them countersigned and they were accepted. I was surprised as I wouldn't easily recognise them as the same children.
  • boxman17
    Options
    been in contact
    with passport
    office
    to find out if a train driver
    can counter sign a passport
    and he
    can
    great can go on hols now
  • angel
    angel Posts: 2,017 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks!
    :rotfl:
    :smileyhea "here, hare, here" :smileyhea
  • buxtonrabbitgreen
    Options
    I had to renew both my kids passports last year. They had changed a lot. ie my ds hair is about 2ft longer than when he was 5. Anyway I got the postmaster, who knows me and my ds as he does a paper round for him to sign his and the librarian to sign the other. If you visit the library regularly that is another for the list. Neither of them charged me either. Which was a great help with the cost of passports now so expensive
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination:beer:

Oscar Wilde
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    scooper wrote: »
    hi thanks for all you help on this
    my oh is ok as he can ask his boss,and i can ask my sons nursery for his,but for me and my daughter i think we will ahve to ask the doctor,although i cannot afford to pay £30 to have them sign it
    You're looking for someone to sign for you rather than your child. So, thinking about it, if you get your OH to do the kids' forms then he can ask his boss to do theirs?
    Alternatively, if the teacher is prepared to do it then she could do it for all three of you.

Most obvious I can think of is a Health Visitor. That's who we got to do ours. They were more than happy.
    (And so this is why I don't totally buy the "social class" line. In a lot of ways, people in a "lower social class" will have more contact with this sort of professional.)
  • Oldernotwiser
    Oldernotwiser Posts: 37,425 Forumite
    Options
    Loobysaver wrote: »

Can anyone tell me if a nurse with the qualificatin RGN can countersign as on the website it says SRN. Is that the same thing?

An SRN is the same level thing as an RGN. It's the older form of the qualification.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure