Starting BOTOX business - any nurses do this?

Options

Comments

• olivia_doig
    Options
    Can you tell me whom you completed your Botox course with? was it good value? and do they help set you up with a DR to prescribe?

I am a Registered nurse

Thanks olivia
  • Angela_Botox
    Options
    Is there any reason why a person wanting botox or fillers can't get a prescription from their own GP?
  • SamanthaRose
    Options
    Hi there, just reading through this thread.
    I am currently saving to do the Botox and dermal fillers combined course and an a qualified nurse working full time.
    Does anyone on here currently have their own business and work along side a full time job?
    This is what I am looking to do and wondering how it will affect my tax?
    Thanks in advance!
    Sam
  • Wendyone
    Options
    Working full time and then taking on extra work will have an immediate impact on your tax. You will pay 40% tax when you step over the threshold not sure what band you are on in your current full time role but bear this in mind. However you will be entitled to allowances when working for yourself for sundries electricity in your clinic rooms etc. A good accountant will advise you.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    mrmeanor wrote: »
    Hi. I am planning on starting a career in medical aesthetics: mainly botox, dermal fillers, chemical peels etc.
    I have no experience in beauty therapy and I'm neither a doctor, dentist or nurse.
    What is the quickest way to become legally qualified in this area of field?
    I am prepared to study for however long it takes me but i don't want to start a course that will take 4 years when it can be achieved in 2.
    Any suggestions i will greatly appreciate..

I hope not.... Already thinking of short cuts before you even do the course.
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • Hi I am an RGN who has cosmetic experience but would love to do my Botox training. Any info on legal advice costings etc would be really useful. Thank you in advance
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Hi I am an RGN who has cosmetic experience but would love to do my Botox training. Any info on legal advice costings etc would be really useful. Thank you in advance

Contact your indemnity provider to get an idea of how much more premium you would pay as a starting point to see if it is worth it
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • Ktodd1982
    Options
    Hi there I am completing my botox course in 2 weeks but I can't prescribe. Does anyone have any information on how I can obtain on a list of prescribers in my area please and also can this by done by Skype for example? Thanks
  • thurwood
    Options
    Hi I did my filler/botox courses in 2011 i also work as a Midwife and i would like some help with the V300 course as i do not know a doctor who i can use for the 12 days supervised practice. How can i find a suitable doctor as i need an aesthetic doctor lined up before i can apply for the course. I use a Nurse prescriber at present for the face to face consulataions with my clients. Thanks in advance for your advice
  • Gardiner32
    Options
    Have you done the course?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills