Options
    A fake iPad comp on this page:

http://www.facebook.com/AppleiPadMiniPage
  • greedo420
    greedo420 Posts: 192 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Folks

I am new to this game, only been comping for about a week now :) and I just received the following Email and i was wondering whether or not it was a scam.. I suspect it is but I thought I would run it past you fine people first. :D

Hi Name,

We still have an unclaimed giftcard with the value of £1.000 - So far 50 people are into the finales, and with your e-mail you are one of the finalists. Before Friday we need you to approve this info, on the following link - Is this your info:
    Full name: -.
    Born: -
    City: -

Click here now to see if you are our winner:
    mx.coffeeoffer.net

Use our quick registration and start trading with OUR money today.
    Click here:
    mx.coffeeoffer.net

Best regards
    Gemma Martin - CoffeeOffers

Thanks for any help
  • createbeauty
    createbeauty Posts: 2,649 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    greedo420 wrote: »
    Hi Folks

I am new to this game, only been comping for about a week now :) and I just received the following Email and i was wondering whether or not it was a scam.. I suspect it is but I thought I would run it past you fine people first. :D

Hi Name,

We still have an unclaimed giftcard with the value of £1.000 - So far 50 people are into the finales, and with your e-mail you are one of the finalists. Before Friday we need you to approve this info, on the following link - Is this your info:
    Full name: -.
    Born: -
    City: -

Click here now to see if you are our winner:
    mx.coffeeoffer.net

Use our quick registration and start trading with OUR money today.
    Click here:
    mx.coffeeoffer.net

Best regards
    Gemma Martin - CoffeeOffers

Thanks for any help

Looks fake to me... did you enter a competition with mx.coffeeoffer.net?
  • greedo420
    greedo420 Posts: 192 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    To be honest I have entered quite a few competitions this last week, it's quite hard to keep track of all them lol

Thanks for your help, i think i will treat it as fake :)
  • Raymondos11
    Options
    I had phone call about a comp i signed up for, and i got a phone call saying i have been put into the final of the comp, which was for a ipad and £10,000.
    Also said i was in a group of 100 people who had been picked to be in a sort of lotto group for the euro lotto. She wanted my name and card details. i told her i didnt have the details to hand, so she is going to ring back.
    she gave me this info
    onfo@eurochance100.co.uk
    I know its a daft question but is it all a scam?
  • lilias
    lilias Posts: 7,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 July 2013 at 3:55PM
    Options
    I had phone call about a comp i signed up for, and i got a phone call saying i have been put into the final of the comp, which was for a ipad and £10,000.
    Also said i was in a group of 100 people who had been picked to be in a sort of lotto group for the euro lotto. She wanted my name and card details. i told her i didnt have the details to hand, so she is going to ring back.
    she gave me this info
    [EMAIL="onfo@eurochance100.co.uk"]onfo@eurochance100.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    I know its a daft question but is it all a scam?

It certainly sounds lke one. It's all to get you to sign up to their lotto syndicate. You pay a monthly sum, it sounds quite complicated to cancel, and you get 100th of anything your syndicate might win.

"Your fees pay for DTD European Services Administration costs, Eurochance100 syndicate membership, your monthly updates in the form of a letter, continual updating of our internet portal. Your fees are not used to purchase lottery tickets directly, nor will you receive lottery tickets. Tickets in the Euro Millions lottery are purchased by and are the sole property of DTD European Services Ltd. DTD European Services Ltd will distribute, free of charge, any winnings received to members of Eurochance100 syndicates whose allocated numbers correctly match those of the winning tickets purchased in the weekly draw of the Euro Million Lottery. The amount distributed to each Eurochance100 member will equal 1/100th of that syndicates winning total. "

see http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.eurochance100.co.uk for other people's experiences.
  • lizevans55
    lizevans55 Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Similar e mails from berryoffers and devilsoffer. Anyone heard of them?
  • lizevans55
    Options
    and electricoffers, travel365
  • lizevans55
    Options
    also electricoffers, travel365
  • Amann
    Amann Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Seems like Starbucks Sipface comp was a scam. No mention of any winners ...I was in the top 3 of the leaderboard and have not been contacted.

The comp was for wireless festival tickets...and wireless starts tomorrow!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback