Options

Comments

• hamsterfan1
    hamsterfan1 Posts: 8,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    slbhill wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Amazon-Kindle/372693199504090?ref=stream

We have 2,839 Kindle Fire's which can't be sold because they're unsealed so we are giving them out for free to some lucky people!

Want To Get One? Just "Share" this photo then like our page.

Competition ends on the 28th May 2013, Good luck. ~ Amazon!

can't even report it to Amazon as there isn't way to contact them
    proud gran to 4 lovely boys and one little girl
  • slinky1980
    slinky1980 Posts: 211 Forumite
    Options
    ALMOST SURE IT IS!!
    But just wanted to run it post you good people :

Congratulations! You have just been nominated to be our possible winner!

We are happy to announce that you are one of the lucky few selected to possibly win a £1,000 shopping voucher! Click here

1. Melissa Hunter
    2. Melanie <<< this is me >>>
    3. Aidan Woods

Click here if your name appears above,
    and receive your chance to win a £1,000 shopping voucher!

Good Luck!
    Your Quiz2Win team
    !

This is an advertisement.

If you would prefer not to receive further messages from this sender, please click here.
    You will receive one additional e-mail message confirming your removal.

What do we think. Guys??
    :j:beer::j
  • createbeauty
    createbeauty Posts: 2,649 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just got this on facebook. I don't think I'm the only one.

Priscilla SheehanHey Caroline how are you?
    I'm running the AQUILA prizes and competitions for next week at our amazing Made in Chelsea party at Scala. So, Proudlock picked you as the runner up prize winner of an amazing prize package for next week! Well done! I’ll explain your huge prize now.
    So, you’ve won: The Made in Chelsea experience, a party in VIP with Proudlock and his friends at one of London’s hottest clubs. You and your friends will be partying with him & his friends, in style, all night in VIP. You’ve got free entry, one of our limited edition AQUILA special goody bags, and most importantly, a golden AQUILA envelope. With a very special prize in it...The golden envelopes contain either bundles of cash, bottles of grey goose vouchers, or free club tickets.
    This is all at the AQUILA at Scala launch night, hosted by Proudlock & friends on Wednesday June 5th. It will be outrageous. We have a surprise big name DJ flying out from the USA to perform at the night too! This is our best ever night to win a prize for, so really well done!
    All I need from you is a list of your friends' names. Prize is really for large groups, as its in the VIP room, so please send over 30+ names, if you don’t think you can reach this let us know, I’m sure we can work something out, but 30 is the target.
    I’m in the office 10-5pm week days, available on 0203 214 8235. AQUILA is the hottest club night brand in London, and Scala is one of London's best venues.
    xx
  • createbeauty
    Options
    slinky1980 wrote: »
    ALMOST SURE IT IS!!
    But just wanted to run it post you good people :

Congratulations! You have just been nominated to be our possible winner!

We are happy to announce that you are one of the lucky few selected to possibly win a £1,000 shopping voucher! Click here

1. Melissa Hunter
    2. Melanie <<< this is me >>>
    3. Aidan Woods

Click here if your name appears above,
    and receive your chance to win a £1,000 shopping voucher!

Good Luck!
    Your Quiz2Win team
    !

This is an advertisement.

If you would prefer not to receive further messages from this sender, please click here.
    You will receive one additional e-mail message confirming your removal.

What do we think. Guys??

Definitely not legit. I get these all the time and the other names are always the same and my name is always in the middle. It's spam.
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Just got this on facebook. I don't think I'm the only one.

Priscilla SheehanHey Caroline how are you?
    I'm running the AQUILA prizes and competitions for next week at our amazing Made in Chelsea party at Scala. So, Proudlock picked you as the runner up prize winner of an amazing prize package for next week! Well done! I’ll explain your huge prize now.
    So, you’ve won: The Made in Chelsea experience, a party in VIP with Proudlock and his friends at one of London’s hottest clubs. You and your friends will be partying with him & his friends, in style, all night in VIP. You’ve got free entry, one of our limited edition AQUILA special goody bags, and most importantly, a golden AQUILA envelope. With a very special prize in it...The golden envelopes contain either bundles of cash, bottles of grey goose vouchers, or free club tickets.
    This is all at the AQUILA at Scala launch night, hosted by Proudlock & friends on Wednesday June 5th. It will be outrageous. We have a surprise big name DJ flying out from the USA to perform at the night too! This is our best ever night to win a prize for, so really well done!
    All I need from you is a list of your friends' names. Prize is really for large groups, as its in the VIP room, so please send over 30+ names, if you don’t think you can reach this let us know, I’m sure we can work something out, but 30 is the target.
    I’m in the office 10-5pm week days, available on 0203 214 8235. AQUILA is the hottest club night brand in London, and Scala is one of London's best venues.
    xx

Thought the name Aquila rang a bell, just searched it and come up with this
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4476841&highlight=Aquila

Looks like they contact "winners" to get them to bring along 30+ people to spend money in their clubs, tbh!!!
  • createbeauty
    Options
    cagsd wrote: »
    Thought the name Aquila rang a bell, just searched it and come up with this
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4476841&highlight=Aquila

Looks like they contact "winners" to get them to bring along 30+ people to spend money in their clubs, tbh!!!

I know, lol.

When I didn't respond she sent me another message, to which you can see my reply below. :)

Priscilla Sheehan: Hey babe, can you start sending over those names for me please?
    You can then keep sending them over to me up until the night. So exciting! Well done again xx

19:31
    Caroline: Sorry, no can do. I can't make it to London, can't afford drinks in London, and don't know 30 people let alone have that many friends. Thanks though!

:rotfl:
  • mummy86_2
    mummy86_2 Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    ggrrrr all of this makes me so angry
  • betterlatethannever
    Options
    Currys PC World

ANNOUNCEMENT: We have been made aware of a fake Currys PC World. Facebook page that is offering 500 Samsung 3D Blu Ray players in a Father's Day competition - although we wish we had that many samples to treat you with, please do not engage with the fake page, it has been reported. Thanks for your support.
    The first time we said hello, was the first time we said goodbye. As the angels took your tiny hand and flew you to the sky-you forever left us breathless. RIP my beautiful granddaughter :(
  • createbeauty
    Options
    Currys PC World

ANNOUNCEMENT: We have been made aware of a fake Currys PC World. Facebook page that is offering 500 Samsung 3D Blu Ray players in a Father's Day competition - although we wish we had that many samples to treat you with, please do not engage with the fake page, it has been reported. Thanks for your support.

Yay, looks like they noticed our comments informing them of the rogue page. Just like the fake Argos. page we managed to get removed yesterday. :)
  • EIGHTOF8
    EIGHTOF8 Posts: 1,835 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not been in here for years. Life got hectic!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback