New fridge £50 or new fridge/freezer £75

Options

Comments

• dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    Dippychick is right, but there is likely to be funding elsewhere, just under a different name ... what is it that you need stuck? x
    Gone ... or have I?
  • Smickan
    Smickan Posts: 1,053 Forumite
    Options
    Gah, I didn't read the date either :lol: Got alle xcited then cos it'd be just what we needed -o ur fridge/freezer has all but died.
  • doodledoodle24
    Options
    does anyone know if this is still going? i cant see anything on the currys website.
    is officially a GLEEK
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think it stopped about 3 years ago, I contacted Curry's on a clients behalf in 2006 and they said the scheme no longer existed.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • tightperson
    Options
    If you are with Atlantic Gas or Electric and qualify for their Social tariff ie spend more than 10% of your income on gas/electric you also qualify for a FREE A rated fridge or pay £50 for an A rated fridge/freezer. Can't find link at moment, I have applied, better than Currys old offer. Only one choice of fridge or fridge/freezer though, still a bargain offer I think.
  • Anthillmob
    Anthillmob Posts: 11,780 Forumite
    Options
    im glad i suddenly realised this was an old thread as i waa about to phone currys and make a [EMAIL="tw@t"]tw@t[/EMAIL] of myself on behalf on my mother
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me
  • tightperson
    Options
    Yes it's an old thread but the offer with Atlantic gas/electric is a new one and currently available now.
  • jasbeesley
    Options
    Hello, i know this is a long shot but do Cussys still do this fridge saver scheme for people on benefits? I am left with a broken fridge and freezer and cant afford a new one!!!!
  • SuziQ
    SuziQ Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    edited 10 July 2010 at 10:35PM
    Options
    No, this is 6 year old thread and as far as I know there is no such scheme now. Maybe you could get some sort of grant or crisis loan? I have seen a lot of very good quality fridges on second hand boards, and also on freecycle as many people get rid of perfectly good white goods when they have a new kitchen installed. One of my friends has a lovely washing machine and dishwasher she got from freecycle, the people she got them off even dropped it off for her as freecycle is local.
    Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it!
  • sorryitsme
    sorryitsme Posts: 448 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi view the comet clearance site. You can bid on appliances at a much reduced cost. the only thing is you have to have it delivered which is £29.95, but I managed to get a freezer £75 less than the shop price. They are returned, or slightly scuffed or ex display appliances. :j
    Mortgage Feb 2015 £178,500 END 2043!!

MFW 2015 £100 /£1000

Watch this space, my MF end date will tumble!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure