By the way it is the Panache FPA 14W

Listed as 6.0 cu.ft fridge freezer

But Net storage fridge 3.6
    and Net storage freezer 1.4

Not on their site for some reason.
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    i got mine and its fine, strong glass shelves inside and easy to clean.
    I have a postal application form which i picked up instore if anyone wants it PM me and i will send it.
    Its a bit odd really cos people on benefits must be less likely to have access to the internet or to go to out of town retail parks, so loads of people must be missing out.
    When the delivery men came they said they have never had to return any of those Panache fridge freezers, whilst a much more expensive M***E fridge freezer they had on the lorry they said they take loads of them back faulty.
    If you read the small print you do NOT have to pay for delivery but you do have to pay for disposal of the old fridge freezer. Make sure its defrosted bcos otherwise they cant take it in the lorry cos the water would damage other items.
    No the freezer section isnt huge but it is a bargain and it will cut your electricity bills, and as i said before help avoid the lurking year old solitary fishfinger scenario... :P
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • petesellit
    petesellit Posts: 42 Forumite
    Just a note on getting rid of old fridge etc some councils like mine ;D collect them FREE so do check with them could save on paying Currys.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,086 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Read your website about the Free fridge/fridge freezer so decided to apply. Spent ages trying to get past 2nd page of application but the Powergen application form superimposed with other text so I couldn't get any further. Having to ring them to send application form. How very frustrating. Anyone else had this problem?
  • System
    I read about the fridge/freezer "cheap" replacement scheme on this site. As my wife is on DLA, and we have a fridge that complied, in as much as it worked, but the milk bar rail had broken, we were accepted. The cost was £35, (which you pay at the Post Office), from the initial application to delivery, it was about 2/3 weeks. The delivery man is supposed to make the old fridge "unfunctional" by removing the door seal, however they didn't with ours, so, wait for it, we now have two fridges, one being minus a milk bar.
  • System
    What do they do to render the old one useless?
  • System
    Beware, the fridge/freezer is not a full size / half and half effort. The freezer part is maybe only 1/3 the size of the fridge - not much use is your old one is bigger and you constantly had it full.
  • filigree_2
    filigree_2 Posts: 1,025 Forumite
    I don't get DLA, but my ten year old son does. Does anyone know if we'd qualify? If not, I'll wait till I move and qualify for other benefits.
  • Donnie
    Donnie Posts: 9,862 Forumite
  • thanks ice got one today ;);)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills