PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Starters

Options

Comments

• Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi chocolatepennyfarthing,

This older thread has lots of ideas that may give you some inspiration:

Starters

I'll merge your thread with that one later to keep all the suggestions together.

Pink
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    Try this site - Stunning Starters.

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Baked Camembert with some crusty bread to dip in. It is yummy and nice and informal, and very easy;)
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • seraphina
    seraphina Posts: 1,145 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Go for something you don't need to cook - a plate of sliced meats like charcuterie with maybe some hummus and some nice bread.
  • wannabe_a_mum
    Options
    What about either Samosa's or Spring Rolls. Both can be cooked from frozen and you can even buy them already made and frozen.

Veg samosas are really good
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    Paté with bought French Toasts. Put bought paté in individual ramekins, and put the ramekins on a tea plate, with a few French Toasts on one side and a bit of parsley or other garnish on the other. A separate dish of butter curls for those who want to butter their toasts.
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• pukkamum
    pukkamum Posts: 3,942 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How about a tomato and mozzarella slad just slice the toms and mozzarella and layer them on a platter or individual plates drizzle with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar and garnish with torn basil leaves yummy!
    I don't get nearly enough credit for not being a violent psychopath.
  • redballoon_2
    Options
    Hi all and Merry Christmas! :xmastree:

I need a very simple idea for smoked salmon for christmas day starter. We are doing nibbles and need to use up the salmon so if anyone has any quick ideas for smoked salmon bite type food then please help me out!!

I have the basic store cupboard ingrediants, may be able to venture out to the shops to buy a couple of things if needed.

thanks in advance.
    Make £10 a day challenge March 2013 £101.24 / £240 :j
    WSC 10 March - £0 / £5
    Debt £17,294 - 7th March
  • Desperate_Housewife_2-2
    Options
    Hi redballoom,

How about blinis? You could get some ready made of pushed for time and mix 1 tbs horseradish with soured cream, put it on top then top with smpked salmon. An easier one is just sald on a long oval plate then put smoked salmon on it, could top with seafood sauce and prawns, avocadoes too, yum!
    Save £12k in 2012 no.49 £10,250/£12,000
    Save £12k in 2013 no.34 £11,800/£12,000
    'How much can you save' thread = £7,050
    Total=£29,100
    Mfi3 no. 88: Balance Jan '06 = £63,000. :mad:
    Balance 23.11.09 = £nil. :)
  • kethry
    kethry Posts: 1,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    if you can't get/don't have time to make blinis (although they would be my first suggestion too, totally yummy), and you have an aldi near you, then an nice alternative would be to go down there and get some of their rye bread. Very dark, you can spread each slice with cream cheese (plain, aldi do it too!) and cut into bite size portions, before loading with bits of smoked salmon. Could look very effective!

the only other thing i can think of - and this is more for a sit down starter - is scrambled eggs with cream and smoked salmon, served with a brioche/Croissant and some dill, or something like that (in fact, this is what we're having for breakfast on xmas day).

Good luck!

keth
    xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business