list your job and wage

Options

Comments

• Jaguar_Skills
    Options
    Aged 30, Rights of Light Surveyor - £50k PA with 2 6 monthly bonuses per year of approximately £20k - £25k.

I really do enjoy my job.
  • tommysaver
    tommysaver Posts: 181 Forumite
    Options
    Aged 30, Rights of Light Surveyor - £50k PA with 2 6 monthly bonuses per year of approximately £20k - £25k.

I really do enjoy my job.

I've always been interested in this..

(I work in Building services as a Junior Mechanical Engineer, so often come across it on high rise new builds)

I'm guessing you are very good / quite high up to be taking that home? Extremely good money for your age. I'm 23 and earning more than my age but would like to settle into one specific area!
  • Sarahlovesshoes
    Options
    Section planner (railway)
    £30894
    Finally debt free and loving it!
  • tommysaver
    Options
    Section planner (railway)
    £30894

Hope your not involved with HS2. Thoughts?
  • Sarahlovesshoes
    Options
    tommysaver wrote: »
    Hope your not involved with HS2. Thoughts?

No I work in South Wales.
    I struggle with HS2 tbh. Whilst any investment in the railway is welcome after years and years of chronic under funding. The money that is being spent on Hs2 for the benefit of London (again) could be used in so many other areas. Including my own area that I look after which is mostly old rail, single track etc.
    Finally debt free and loving it!
  • JanisDzenis
    Options
    snowdogg wrote: »
    I am 38 and a full time parent and don't have a salary as such, though I do make a bit of pocket money selling on ebay, gumtree, buying broken stuff and fixing it to resell.

thats amazing, I've just started a youtube channel doing DIY, life hacks, projects etc, its early days but I'm enjoying making videos and its great to hear its possible to make a decent living at it. So far I've made a grand total of 21 cents through youtube ads however I've recently been given some fairly valuable powertools to review which is a nice bonus.

Can I ask what your channel is called?

Also is Dzenis a Latvian name?

It is Latvian name :) Main one is called DeepMixNation :)
  • baaluo
    baaluo Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Computer programmer - 24.000£ salary, working 10 hours a day at the age of 35.
    Around 10.000£ from freelance projects.
    Although I'm spending 6000£ a year on software and website memberships.
  • DaveTheGeordie
    Options
    I work in Burger King. Living the dream lol.
  • socratez
    socratez Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    £35k per year plus 10% annual bonus - Internal Recruitment Manager
  • gundo
    gundo Posts: 249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    £34.5K - 3rd line IT support in a higher education organisation.

I'm 50+ and have been working in IT for over 25 years, so I think I'm doing pretty poorly really. I'm a STEM subject graduate for that's worth (that was over 30 years ago!). I had a setback 10 years where as a result of a personality clash (I'm being kind, I was bullied in the workplace by a very senior manager) I got made redundant (the circumstances were very dodgy but the legal advice I was given was that it wasn't worth the hassle of going to an employment tribunal - my union was utterly useless). So that did me no favours I had to start again from the bottom. I'm still earning less now than I was 12 years ago not even taking into account inflation.

I like really enjoy working in the education (I have done for the majority of my working life), it's varied and interesting and the people I deal with are fascinating and very cosmopolitan. I have also worked in local government and the civil service but education, in particular higher education is a much more interesting environment.

Perks:

I don't have to wear business attire, I can if I want but on the whole despite the fact that it's an office environment most people dress quite casually. It's no big deal I've been in jobs where I had to be suited and booted every day but I quite like not having to. 50+ and I still haven't grown up! :D

The Christmas-New Year break, we get the bridging days for free and a couple of extra days at Easter.

And when I was based on campus, the summer hols were quieter and you could get so much more done.

Interacting with students isn't always a pleasure but they often surprise me with their insights and different outlook on life. So different from working in a local government office full of white British dandruff shouldered middle aged blokes dressed in grey.
    Trying hard to be a good moneysaver.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family