PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thread Thursday 28th May

Options

Comments

• halight
    halight Posts: 3,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon all:j:j
    Well the loft man came and within 16 weeks we should have new loft inserlashion.:T
    Then The boiler man can and within 8 weeks we should have a brand new boiler:T
    I dont know if any of you have ever had any dealings with warm front but thay seem to offer a good quick service. And all for free:T so very happy with them.

Just sorted out this afternoon to go down my moms and dads caravan for the weekend:beer::beer: should be a nice little breat for me the wife and the twins so looking forward to that now.

Dinner tonight will be chiken and rice.

Its very hot here this afternoon the suns out and it lovley:j:j

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone:j:j
    :jYou can have everything you wont in lfe, If you only help enough other people to get what they wont.:j
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Anniversary meal last night was lovely.

Three washloads are on the line and DD and friend have had home made pancakes for brunch.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Computer I use at home has had it and virus infected, hacked and firewall gone so scared to use it.

DH has talked me into ordering a new laptop for myself. Not very moneysaving but I will use it and play.com have the one I like at £100 off!!

Hugs to everyone and see you later.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon All!
    DS (James) has phoned to say his English Exam for Uni was fine!:T Not as difficult as we thought. He's only got to get 50% so fingers crossed, and he's in.:T Told him to relax now, and enjoy the rest of the week with his Dad.

Did two mystery shopping jobs this morning. Had to go to our local station and buy food. So had a free lunch and earned £10!:rotfl:

Halight- I had warm front do my loft insulation and cavity walls, but I paid for my own boiler. I qualified for the grant, but you have to have the plumber they send, and I wanted one I'd used for years. My neighbour had hers done by them, and she's had problems.:o may just be this plumber though. If you can get the cavity walls done, do, it's made a huge difference to how warm my house is.

Took DD her work trousers back. She was lifting a patient, and split them right up the seams!:rotfl: Only needed resewing on the machine, and they are fine again.

I'm going back to my cuppa and the sun now! Enjoy the rest of the day!

I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    PP - sorry to hear you've not been too good again, you have my sympathy regarding your hair as mine virtually all fell out when I was recovering from a serious bout of pneumonia and it was a dreadful experience to go through. (((hugs))) hope things improve for you soon x
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    elona wrote: »
    Computer I use at home has had it and virus infected, hacked and firewall gone so scared to use it.

DH has talked me into ordering a new laptop for myself. Not very moneysaving but I will use it and play.com have the one I like at £100 off!!

Hugs to everyone and see you later.

Hi Hun, I am in need of a new laptop, would you mind pm ing me the link ??

Thanks xx
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    nessie happy anniversary :beer: hope you have had a lovely day

(((hugs))) Penpin hope you soon get your meds sorted out x

had a lovely day at the white rose centre, much smaller than meadowhall (my local shopping centre) but has all the same shops - just less walking :D
    only bought some knickers in primark for me and 2 t shirts for DH , the teens - well they practically bought out the entire stock of the shopping centre :eek:
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi peeps,

just a quickie from me today as i`ve spent the entire morning in the garden and the rest of the day at w*rk and i`m still here :(

I just wanted to send ((((HUGS)))) to Catman & your DW

and say Happy Anniversary to Nessie.

Catch you all soon.

SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Penny-Pincher!! Posts: 8,325 Forumite
    edited 28 May 2009 at 7:34PM
    Options
    Thanks Guys!

I knew there was something else I was going to mention....I went to the Approved food website the other day and got some cracking bargains! They had Del Monte Pure OJ cartons (each measures 150ml=1 portion of fruit)...ideal for lunchboxes at 7p each and in date till end of July 09. I bought 96 all together:D...I also bought DD fruit in jelly (del monte too) at 36 for £2.97, chilli tom ketchup, 6 x tip top, 12 nut bars and something else....total came to £19.44 inc the £5,25 postage:j:j:j...you can really get some great bargains sometimes and I had delivery within 48hrs. The juice boxes are really cute:o

Also OH went to Asda living and got 24 loo rolls (quality ones) for £6 or 2 for £10, 6 Bounty/Plenty rolls for £3 (4+2 free), 42 wash fabric conditioner (like Lenor) for £1 and dusters for 35p.

I having a haircut next week....maybe I might go for the GI Jane look:eek::eek::eek::eek:

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    i've just finished preatty mcuh all of my house work... i have cleaned and hoovered upstairs, i even moved the beds and got all of the dust from under them...

i have the third load of washing in the machine, and all i have to do now is cook something for dinner, and get the ironong sorted...

i had no idea that i had it in me to get so much done in one day. especially after a hard day at the office...

woo hoo... just the fiddly sorting to finish. :):):):):):):):)

hugs to all.

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport