PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thread Thursday 28th May

Options
Bitsy_Beans
Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 28 May 2009 at 6:57AM in Old style MoneySaving
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for Wednesday 27 May. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred.

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

Wow. It's nearly 7am and no thread started. Where are you all? Having a lie in? You lucky things!!!
Anyway good morning to you all.
Popped outside this morning and it felt lovely and warm. Just seen the weather forecast and they said 22 degrees!!!! Not sure if it will be sunny but not complaining!
Planted some spare veggies yesterday as I have killed off most of the others I planted. I have a courgette desperately clinging to life! Hope it perks up soon.
had cajun chicken last night for tea and no tortillas in the freezer. Remembered I had asked for Mrs Mccawbers receipe and wow! Had so much fun making them with my son sticking his finger in at the wrong moment and they were sooooooo tasty. Would love to make them with garlic and coriander too.
Ham and lentil ragout (in SC) for tea tonight (only I don't have any paprika to season but I hope that won't matter). Not made it before. It's from an amercian SC book I bought when I first had it. There are some nice receipes in there (although some of them she uses a lot of stuff out of a tin etc). Anyway am hoping it will taste OK.
Might take the kids to the park this morning so probably won't get any housework done (what a shame!!). I managed to do some yesterday so the house doesn't look too bad.

Have a good day everyone, OS or not. Hope the weather is kind to you!
I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars

Comments

• Essex-girl_2
    Essex-girl_2 Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    edited 28 May 2009 at 7:32AM
    Options
    Hi Bitsy & all to follow.

Yes everyone could be having a lie in or they are probably already hanging washing out, cleaning kitchens etc & making us look bad :rotfl:

I did have a lie in as had later than normal night. Have loads to do today but also have my Dad possible coming over for a business meeting later which could take some time. However my cold is much better so will get as much as possible done.

Will bung some washing in (have a mountain as the weather has been bad & there were trauma's here yesterday) and jump in the bath before cleaning the kitchen & hoovering the downstairs floors. The weather is looking good at the moment and the forcast for the next few days is brilliant :jso will be able to line dry.

Anyway going to have a little surf whilst finishing my tea, have a great day all.
    x

Bethebee - just read your post from last night - yes 100 fireman:D was really worring though before we knew what was going on - never seen so many fire engines in 1 place and we live near a decommisioned power station but when we knew where it was & that noone was hurt then could enjoy watching the fireman out of the windows - perhaps Nelski may come along later & post one one of her special pictures ;)
  • flissh
    flissh Posts: 720 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Small lie in for me:o

Hello all:hello:

Busy decorating DD kitchen yesterday and back to it today. Wanted to put lentil and bacon soup in the slow cooker before I left but have no tinned toms.
    Came back exhausted yesterday and resorted to M&S ready meal....Not very OS:rolleyes:

Have a good thursday everyone, where ever you are.
  • Hardup_Hester
    Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    I've dropped hubby & work, had my breakfast & now I going to do some gardening. I was going to do it yesterday, but it rained so much that I didn't bother, I did some housework, went to Tesco & managed to get hubby a hat & did some crochet instead. I also watched Chigago, I've had it on DVD for a while & not watched it & I did enjoy it.
    DW & WM have just finished, so I better get the washing on the line & put the dishes away.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • flissh
    flissh Posts: 720 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DW & WM have just finished, so I better get the washing on the line & put the dishes away.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester

:rotfl: Don't get that the wrong way round Hester and hang your dishes on the line....
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Essex-girl wrote: »
    - perhaps Nelski may come along later & post one one of her special pictures ;)

ooh I hope so ;)

morning all

Bitsy I made the tortillas the other day , they are great arnt they? the ragout sounds nice

we are off to leeds to do some shopping today, so looking forward to that , I need some new underwear
    sunny outside today but no gardening for me as I am sure the shopping will wear me out ;)

(((hugs))) to all that need esp bethebee catman

have a great day x
  • halight
    halight Posts: 3,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all:j:j
    Well iv been up since 6am as the twins woke early this morning and would not go back to sleep like normal.
    The twins are now beeing very loud :eek::eek: Twin 2 is shooting off here there and evrywere shes very active this morning
    Twin one is still thinking about starting to crawl i think she will start any day now.
    Both twins can now say the word cat:T:T

Very busy morning here today for us.
    We have a man coming from warm to look at our boiler as its not working propley.
    And another man is coming from warm front about our loft inserlashion.
    I do have to say that this warm front do seem to offer a good service its only been three weeks since we forst phoned them up and a within a few days a man had come out to us a cheaked our house over and now we have two more comeing . Not had anything done yet but seems lots of looking:D going on.

Lunch today will be cheese and cold meat salad.
    Dinner tonight still needs to be planed. so will update you all later.

We shall be carrying on with the sorting of baby clothes today. we have a girl coming round later to look at some. we know her as she brourt a bumbo off us that we advewrtised in the local paper. My wife also listed 20 items of clothes on ebay last night. All money made off the slae of clothes will go to help pay for new ones for our twins.

The veg garden is coming on great:T Iv got some more toms to pot up later today or tomorrow.

Anyway i hope that everyones has a good day

Enjoy yourselfs eveyrone:j:j:j:j:j
    :jYou can have everything you wont in lfe, If you only help enough other people to get what they wont.:j
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    morning all!

got a couple of days off now:j plans for today are

clean for Mum
    get haircut
    take DS2 to Ludlow to see his GF
    spend time in garden
    lots of laundry to do
    go tapdancing

I hope everyone is well and enjoying the sunshine

take care x
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • Katzen
    Katzen Posts: 535 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Good morning!
    Got a busy one today. Have left all my work until the last minute so I now have 1 2/3 test papers still to mark plus a portfolio to make up from somewhere :o On the p;us side I'm out for a curry with the girls tonight &it will count as OS because some of the girls are brilliant at sweet-talking people into giving massive discounts :money:
    Enjoy your days everyone
    Mortgage Outstanding Nov '16 £142,772.75
    Mortgage Additional OPs 2017 Target £4522.80/ Actual £865.00
    GC Feb 0/£200
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Long time since I've been on the first page...morning all.

Got up early thinking that I was leaving DGS 2 to school, turned out that DD4 is finished at school, just tests to correct now...hair was wet so I didn't go back to bed as I wanted to. Going in a while to buy DD4 a push bike...she has had a voucher towards it since Christmas so purchase needs to be made...

Washing in and lots more to do, especially as weather is to be fine, need to buy some clothes pegs as we seem to be down to very few, so that's on my list for while I'm out.

Not sure what's for dinner, did meal plans for June last night, but seem to have forgotten that there are a few days to go before we get there.

Not sure what else is on agenda to-day, need to fill boot with stuff for charity shop and deliver either to-day or to-morrow.

Have a good day all

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • HariboJunkie
    HariboJunkie Posts: 7,740 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

Chasing my tail this morning. I had forgotten that I have a business related meeting at 11.30 so my plans have gone awry. I want to clean the whole house today as the weather forecast for the weekend is fabulous so I want to spend it in the garden. The house isn't too bad but will deep clean the bathroom and kitchen and hoover and wash the wooden floors throughout.
    Garden wise I need to earth up the spuds and water everything in the greenhouse.
    We have family visiting from overseas tommorrow afternoon so I will bake some cupcakes and a lemon loaf cake and do a kind of afternoon tea for them. Also need a granary loaf baked to go with dinner of cold roast beef salad and Hm coleslaw and HM potato salad.
    FIL staying over tonight so need to make up the spare bed again.
    Huge load of ironing to be done (but it will be my friend doing it not me. ;))

Beth.. I'm so sorry you sufferred such losses. xxx
    Taplady.. I love how your list ends with "go tapdancing" :D
    Tru, Tru, where are you???? :confused:

Bye for now

Haribo x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts