Forum Home» Discount Codes 'n Vouchers

FREE Sun /Guardian/Times/FT/Telegraph voucher - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

FREE Sun /Guardian/Times/FT/Telegraph voucher

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Discount Codes 'n Vouchers
153 replies 80.9K views

Replies

• flossie_2flossie_2 Forumite
    142 posts
    thanks heldaz - had tried that, but when I press the print voucher button, it goes on another screen as if it's doing something useful, but nowt happens.  Shouldn't be an Adobe problem, and I know my comp's a bit slow (like meself) but ..  AND I actually like the Guardian (well, the cryptic crossword's good)  ;)

Can't believe it - just tried again an whadayeknow! Hooray. Maybe I didn't leave it for the required 45 minutes before!
  • heldazheldaz Forumite
    192 posts
    alls well that ends well then :D lol
    I never knew saving money was so much fun :o)
  • purplemoonpurplemoon Forumite
    674 posts
    Thanks Flossie- apparently nowadays a student i.d. must be presented when you buy so no use unless you are actually a student. Shame... I printed one before I noticed too.
    142 posts
    Purplemoon where does it say that? :'( I haven't tried to use mine yet and I don't have a card - (using daughter's student no as she gets Guardian for 20p anyway at Uni). I soooooooo hope this isn't true cos I was looking forward to it!!! From previous posts, I get the impression newsagents are keen to have vouchers cos there's something in it for them, so maybe they won't be too bothered about a card. I'm gonna try it anyway. As with supermarket vouchers, choose the dopey looking assistant (or most helpful looking, depending on which way you view it) and see what happens! ;)
  • Great Tip, thanks. I get loads of coupons in the mags I buy and normally just chucked them. I sent them off last week and my vouchers have come back in 7 days! Now I can justify buying all the gossip mags as they are saving me money, lol!

Yes - I did that too , with the OK / New / Star mag / Daily Express /Daily Star vouchers and last year's Financial Times and Mirror vouchers which I hadn't used
    I received over 2 months worth of free Sun vouchers on the same day as you in separate envelopes
    I keep sending in more vouchers every few days (2 weeks worth in each envelope)
    I should end up with a year's supply of free Sun vouchers and they have no expiry date

I don't recommend that people use the Sun as their main newspaper - I get it just for the freebies (eg free DVD's -two weeks ago)
    I would never spend my own money on this paper (unless there was a particularly good freebie)

I am sure they will accept the Guardian vouchers in exchange for Sun vouchers and anyone who wants to buy the Guardian can just print two sets of vouchers
    Its a freepost address so nothing to lose in trying (and use economy print)
    something missing
  • Thanks Flossie- apparently nowadays a student i.d. must be presented when you buy so no use unless you are actually a student. Shame... I printed one before I noticed too.

I used mine at Tesco and WH Smith with no problems

I even dragged a student along as a precaution , but they didn't check , also I just entered 1 digit in the student ID field and it printed ok

I trust that this is of some assistance
    something missing
    674 posts
    Thanks Major- I'll give it a go. And maybe get a few Sun vouchers too, just to rob them of their freebies...! (I don't recommend daily Sun reading either- I have a friend who has a 'don't do it- it rots your brains' type flyer from the 80s in the style of the anti-drugs ads!).

Flossie- it says boldly on the printout 'Simply present your student id when you hand these vouchers to your newsagent'. However, I guess your newsagent would be daft to refuse. I will be trying this today.

Cheers all
    142 posts
    Thanks Purplemoon. !!!Bummer!!! Didn't notice that even after I looked for it. Anyone know of any offers for binoculars? :) Forgot to take voucher to shop today. :) Anyone know if Omega 3 really works?? Don't think I'm really up to this money saving milarkey :-[ I will try tomorrow, I will try tomorrow, I will try tomorrow ...
    674 posts
    Hi Flossie
    Go get one tomorrow. It worked fine for me today- although the voucher was given a second glance.
    good luck and happy reading.
    142 posts
    Purplemoon - Hooray!! It worked. I'm off to do the cryptic.
    Major Ingram - Thank you. ;D