Unlock your ZTE 627 Mobile Broadband Dongle (the free one from MicroP) for FREE!

Options

Comments

• jarjarmustdie
    Options
    kar999 wrote: »
    You'll get the regular monthly warning texts from O2 but I only use mine for the occasional browsing, so for lite use you may be OK.
    thanks for the info:beer:
    how long have you been using yours?
  • mikefarnham
    Options
    The 50p a day, £2.50 per week, £5 per month is 'fair use', and so limited in terms of bandwidth, and is not avaliable with the sim that came with the modem.

If anyone wants to know what fair use is, its could be around 2 to 5 Gb a month, or much much less. How longs a piece of string.

Just don't register a credit card. This would automatically allow them to bill you if you start to exceed the arbitrary 'fair use' limit.

The only way to get the above is to buy a topup in a shop, put the simcard in a compatible phone (my voda n96 was unlocked) and topup, once it has been confirmed as on the account, plug the sim back into the dongle and then select 'add addon' in my3.

3 know I use a dongle (through account settings), I'm currently paying £5 pcm, and on my £5 deliv free dongle now

It is recommended you search ebay for the sims which let you do the £5 per month deal, no guarantee of any sim that can't be checked allowing this. At least the ebay sellers can check it for you.

BTW
    If you add credit to your account, there is no time delay to use it. If you need internet for a day, just choose the 50p option, and it would charge it to the credit you topped up on your phone. Then what is left over is saved till the next time you need access. So if you need it for 2 days a year, it would cost £1, but you still paid for your topup, so the whole £10 or so is sitting in 3's current account earning them money, but it wont disappear (My My3 account shows my credit has unlimited validity).

Nothing is guaranteed anyway, but even less if 3 get bought (which might actually be amazingly likely shortly, and probably by T-Mobile).

Linux just requires the right drivers, search google for something like 'linux 3g modem'.

Dear All,

Just awaiting my "free" dongle and am not prepared to get caught for a fortune for going over fair usage; particularly so as I have just wiped 2 P.C.s to get my internet back from Sky who closed it down without warning advising me I had a virus which had sent spam resulting in complaints but giving me no proper information. Hence mobile broadband as a backup following two days with no internet followed by another two days rebuilding two machines!

I have spent a few hours trying to understand the vaguaries of this medium and think I understand the following:

1. I will have trouble getting a topup without credit card for a high speed card; so I have to buy a top up (any topup?), swap the sim into my TYTN which is an unlocked PDA and activate the topup in the phone, wait for the credit to appear and then swap back into my dongle. Have I got this right, does it work for all topups and companies?

2. Prices seem to have risen since June sadly and it seems the best options are £15 Vodafone topups for 1gb - expensive but lasts forever or about £2 for a day etc. from O2.

3. I neither seem to get any helpful answers about economical connections in Spain. Off to Lanzarote soon and would love to know if I will be able to use the "unlocked" dongle with a local economical sim. I bet not!!

Thanks for your help and when I have got it sorted I hope I can put something of use back in.

Mike.
  • kar999
    kar999 Posts: 706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thanks for the info:beer:
    how long have you been using yours?

Since May this year :o
    If the ball had gone in the net it would have been a goal.
    If my Auntie had been a man she'd have been my Uncle.
  • mikefarnham
    Options
    ...and in answer to my own question, this arrived in my inbox today as if by magic! Wonder if I can top up my mobile internet card this way when it arrives and will it work.

How to Top-Up at an ATM

1. Select Mobile Phone Top Up from the main menu.
    2. Choose the Mobile Operator for the phone you want to top-up (Vodafone, O2, T-Mobile, Orange, Tesco Mobile and Virgin Mobile are currently available).
    3. Choose how much you want to top-up by from the list of amounts.
    4. Enter the mobile number you want to top-up.

You'll get a receipt and your phone will be topped-up shortly thereafter. And remember there are no fees to use this simple and convenient service.

Watch this space!
  • rinkrat
    rinkrat Posts: 170 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Please is someone able to help !

I have un locked the ZTE627 and now I am able to use it with the software intalled on the unlocking. This software Globe Visability Connection Manager had two sim profiles pre loaded "Globe Visability - Pre Pay" and "Globe Visability - Post Pay". The pre pay settings works with the 3 sim card that came with the dongle and all connects up with internet access etc.

I would like to use another network sihe m in the dongle , hence the reason for unlock. I have found the APN settings as listed on the internet but after setting up these and selecting in the Globe Visability software and having the networks sim card in place service and signal and network of sim are diplayed but connection for internet access fails on all but 3 sim.

Do i need to uninstall this software and istalll testra software. The one I have installed has this branding.

Really would like to get an o2 ebay sim but dont want to invest until I am sure I can use it.

Please can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks
    Tony:confused:
  • primulissima0
    Options
    YES, YOU CAN UNLOCK THESE FOR FREE (these are the ones you can get free from - just pay £4.95) :

Hi!! I write from Italy...Could i buy this item and could it be shipped to Italy too? On the site is written that the expedition can be done only in Great Britain... What could you suggest me to get this key for £4,95 too? Thanks a lot!!
  • mikefarnham
    Options
    rinkrat wrote: »
    Hi,

Please is someone able to help !

I have un locked the ZTE627 and now I am able to use it with the software intalled on the unlocking. This software Globe Visability Connection Manager had two sim profiles pre loaded "Globe Visability - Pre Pay" and "Globe Visability - Post Pay". The pre pay settings works with the 3 sim card that came with the dongle and all connects up with internet access etc.

I would like to use another network sihe m in the dongle , hence the reason for unlock. I have found the APN settings as listed on the internet but after setting up these and selecting in the Globe Visability software and having the networks sim card in place service and signal and network of sim are diplayed but connection for internet access fails on all but 3 sim.

Do i need to uninstall this software and istalll testra software. The one I have installed has this branding.

Really would like to get an o2 ebay sim but dont want to invest until I am sure I can use it.

Please can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks
    Tony:confused:

You need to read all seven pages Tony like I have done three times; even then not all is totally clear. I do believe though it makes it very clear you have to use the Telstra software.

Best wishes,

Mike.
  • mikefarnham
    Options
    There are plenty on ebay so it should be easy. When it arrives in Italy please tell us what sims work in it.

Best wishes,

Mike.
  • Donnie
    Donnie Posts: 9,862 Forumite
    Options
    There are plenty on ebay so it should be easy. When it arrives in Italy please tell us what sims work in it.

Best wishes,

Mike.

All Data SIMS will work, once you unlock it(which interestingly enough is the whole point of this thread).
  • primulissima0
    Options
    Hi!! I write from Italy...Could i buy this item and could it be shipped to Italy too? On the site is written that the expedition can be done only in Great Britain... What could you suggest me to get this key for £4,95 too? Thanks a lot!!
    someone could help me please?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport