Healthcare cashplans 2009 discussion

Comments

• Please advise! I have two dental cash back plans. Have asked this question of both providers and been given polar opposite information!

Can I quite legitimately make two claims for the same treatment as they are autonomous cash back plans? Provided, of course, they are back up by receipts and dentist signed claim forms?

Or, should I submit a claim to one, get the money and paperwork back and then submit a further claim for the same treatment to the other, enclosing a receipt and the remittance paperwork from the other company? Perhaps, the relevant percentage of the shortfall would then be met.

(One company pays out 70% of total cost (up to the usual ceilings) and the other, 50%.)

(One of the plans is Tesco dental which I thought was insurance although staff there said it was a cash back plan.)

Anyone any experience of operating two policies along these lines?

Thanks very much!
  • Each of your plans would have provided you with full T&C for their policy.

I would suggest you remain within these T&C. If you find you have to breach these T&C to get your cashback then you probably have the wrong plan, with the wrong company.

There are no one set of rules for cashback plans as different companies cover different aspects of healthcare in different ways. Contact each supplier and they will no doubt give you a definitive answer - it probably won't be one you want to hear though.
    NO RAIN - NO RAINBOWS

When did i stop being able to fit Hoola-Hoops over my fingers? :huh::think:
  • nikki1520 wrote: »
    Just noticed Westfield have a special offer waiving the exclusion period at the minute - I'm very tempted!!

Nikki -
    I have just noticed this too. What did you do?
    Jane
  • hi....guidance needed!

me, wife, 4 children - 1 of whom is 17 (18 in Jan)

wife, i and 17 yr old wear glasses, although got them in april so not really needing new ones yet

dentist. I just had filling, but a tooth has fallen out, and they said I can have a crown attempted for £180...

wife just been not due to go back until april

17 yr old, is in eductaion, and is due a check up in jan. she rarely has anything done (nice teeth!)

3 other kids..no dental costs, but 1 has glasses, and as always doesnt want the NHS ones, so I end up paying a few pounds on top

anyway, to the point. Is there a cashback plan which we can join that would cover my crown, and provide cashback for glasses etc etc, and is it worth joining now, as duaghter may be free for being under 18?

thanks alot
  • Nikki -
    I have just noticed this too. What did you do?
    Jane

Still sitting on the fence - not yet decided to go for it.
  • I've decided to go for it at £5.35, I think. I'll try for a year and see what happens.
  • No1Joker
    No1Joker Posts: 197
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 19 November 2009 at 3:07PM
    hi....guidance needed!

me, wife, 4 children - 1 of whom is 17 (18 in Jan)

wife, i and 17 yr old wear glasses, although got them in april so not really needing new ones yet

dentist. I just had filling, but a tooth has fallen out, and they said I can have a crown attempted for £180...

wife just been not due to go back until april

17 yr old, is in eductaion, and is due a check up in jan. she rarely has anything done (nice teeth!)

3 other kids..no dental costs, but 1 has glasses, and as always doesnt want the NHS ones, so I end up paying a few pounds on top

anyway, to the point. Is there a cashback plan which we can join that would cover my crown, and provide cashback for glasses etc etc, and is it worth joining now, as duaghter may be free for being under 18?

thanks alot

http://www.medicash.org/healthcare/Quote.aspx

Check thru these plans, They pay 100% for adults and 50% for dependant kids under 16 or 19 if in full-time education.

If you like them... Have a look at this
    NO RAIN - NO RAINBOWS

When did i stop being able to fit Hoola-Hoops over my fingers? :huh::think:
  • Sorry trying to start new post here and can't see where to start. I have been with Westfield Health now for around 3 years and pay around £16 a month which has crept up of late. I am looking to change to BHSF - the top pick presently and wondered how others have fared with them. I am almost 56 now and on a single adult premium - any thoughts or comparisons - just trying to reduce premiums if possible for similar or better benefits - any input appreciated - thanks very much.
  • Wow, £16 for a single adult sounds quite a lot. I recently joined Westfield and pay (only) £5.35 per month. I had to visit an osteo but Westfield & supplied receipts for the £75 but they then wanted me to get a "referral note" from my GP. GP - being NHS - said she would have to charge me for the "referral note", so I didn't bother claiming. I am not sure I have done the right thing at the moment. I was with SAGA and HSA for some years. But I will re-visit Martin's excellent site in a year's time and maybe move to ANO supplier.

I can't help you with BHSF as I don't know who they are?
  • tanyavt
    tanyavt Posts: 19
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hi,
    I am looking at joining the BHSF Bonus Cash Plan and have a few questions:

1. I am married with 3 children (ages 5, 2, 2), but my husband receives a very comprehensive Private Medical Insurance through his company, so I wouldn't want to have him covered under the policy- if I went for the individual policy, would the children still be covered?
    2. Are the benefits per person (ie per adult and per child covered)?
    3. What is covered under therapies? Does it include homeopathy? (main reason why I want to join a plan!)
    4. Do I have to use practitioners from a selected list agreed by BHSF?
    5. If my husband were not on the policy, would we receive the benefits, such as hospital parental stay? As these are only specified for the family cover and not individual. What do single parents do?

Thanks!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure