US ($) Currency Thread 2

Options

Comments

• neilbond007
    neilbond007 Posts: 2,111 Forumite
    Options
    stuartmck wrote: »
    Watching this with great interest. Off to the USA in 2 and a half weeks. Trying to decide if we should get currency now or gamble & wait a while.
    Good luck....

General rule is get 1/2 now and gamble with the other half :)
  • inspector_monkfish
    Options
    1.6350 trading
    Please take the time to have a look around my Daughter's website www.daisypalmertrust.co.uk
    (MSE Andrea says ok!)
  • ailuro2
    ailuro2 Posts: 7,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Since there's no real way of knowing which way it's going to go we decided to buy our holiday cash yesterday, got 1.6550 from Crown currency for December delivery. It's only a few hundred pounds, so if the rate increases dramatically then we've notmissed out by much. Don't get the feeling that's going to happen though.:rolleyes:
    Member of the first Mortgage Free in 3 challenge, no.19
    Balance 19th April '07 = minus £27,640
    Balance 1st November '09 = mortgage paid off with £1903 left over. Title deeds are now ours.
  • Leigh-Anne_60
    Options
    ailuro2 wrote: »
    Since there's no real way of knowing which way it's going to go we decided to buy our holiday cash yesterday, got 1.6550 from Crown currency for December delivery. It's only a few hundred pounds, so if the rate increases dramatically then we've notmissed out by much. Don't get the feeling that's going to happen though.:rolleyes:

Just got the same deal for Nov delivery.............. Now with my luck just watch the dollar soar over the next few days.... Im not looking (honest:p)
  • inspector_monkfish
    Options
    1.6325 trading
    Please take the time to have a look around my Daughter's website www.daisypalmertrust.co.uk
    (MSE Andrea says ok!)
  • inspector_monkfish
    Options
    (MSE Andrea says ok!)
  • inspector_monkfish
    Options
    1.6380 trading
    (MSE Andrea says ok!)
  • ailuro2
    ailuro2 Posts: 7,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 October 2009 at 6:37PM
    Options
    Just got the same deal for Nov delivery.............. Now with my luck just watch the dollar soar over the next few days.... Im not looking (honest:p)

If it soars then that's OK too, as most of our spending will go on our post office card when we're over there!!:D

Crown now offering $1.68, argh!

It was in an e-mail they sent, I didn't go looking!!
    Member of the first Mortgage Free in 3 challenge, no.19
    Balance 19th April '07 = minus £27,640
    Balance 1st November '09 = mortgage paid off with £1903 left over. Title deeds are now ours.
  • thatsfabulous
    Options
    Gone up to $1.64
    New York ♥..........These street will make you feel brand new, Big lights will inspire you.
    No place in the world that can compare ♥ 2nd October 2010 ♥
  • inspector_monkfish
    Options
    1.6390 trading at mom
    (MSE Andrea says ok!)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure