SS's Debt Diary!

Options

Comments

• southernscouser
    southernscouser Posts: 33,745 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I've phoned Amex! Phoned them again! Phoned them again! And again! And again! :mad:

It rings twice then cuts off! :mad:

Phoned another number and they said to try between 2pm and 4pm! Still not working! :mad:

I am so !!!!!! off! Am gonna ring the other number back, which if you select applications also rings twice and cuts off! F****** idiots! :mad:
  • southernscouser
    Options
    Well I got another number to ring but was on hold for 15 minutes until I gave up! :mad:

Will try again tomorrow! :wall:
  • southernscouser
    Options
    Have been daydreaming tonight and working out how quickly I "could" pay off my debt if I earned more! :rolleyes:

The thing is though I'm kind of in training for a new job and am doing it 3 days a week properly but with no extra pay. Yet!

In a few months I will be doing it full-time and hope to get an extra £5k for it!

Also it is "possible" that I can get extra work for a sister company on my days off! This would be an extra £150 a day, maybe £225 for Sundays!

IF I did 2 days there that "could" be an extra £375 a week before tax! Thats another £20k a year! Which could work out to be an extra £1,300 a month to throw at the debts! :j

But at the moment it's only a dream! :(
  • moozie_2
    moozie_2 Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    But at the moment it's only a dream! :(

A dream that I for one hope it becomes reality. Keep at it and you never know! A few years ago I was earning £11,500 and when I was applying for jobs that paid £16,000+, my colleagues used to laugh at me for 'daydreaming'. I applied and got a job for £24,500 a few months later and then I was :rotfl:

Obviously (and as I have described in my own thread), until recently I had no idea how to manage money hence the mess I am in but the point remains: dreams do come true ;)

God, I do go on, don't I? :rotfl:
    Leason learnt :beer:
  • D&DD
    D&DD Posts: 4,405 Forumite
    Options
    Hi SS I think its good to dream gawd knows I do !!!
    I don't think its even daydreaming really for you as you are so determined to get out of debt it WILL become a reality :D I see you're creeping towards the sub 30k will you hit it this month(april)? I don't think I will..I was hoping but lots on with the boys including easter hols.. You are an inspiration to me as we're in around the same shtuck :rotfl: so keep on going and thankyou!! :D
  • southernscouser
    Options
    Got a letter this morning and as I opened it I could see it was from American Express. As it was a single sheet of paper I knew it was going to be a "sorry but you've been declined"! :(

I was wrong! It was the pin for the card! :D

:j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j

Haven't even had the credit agreement to sign and return yet! :confused:

But who cares! :p Just hope it's a decent credit limit! :D
  • kathfisch
    kathfisch Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Options
    :T :j :T :j Woohoo!! :T :j :T :j

So pleased for you :D Will cross fingers its a nice high limit!
    Don't stress, relax, let life roll off your backs. Except for death and paying taxes, everything in life is only for now... Avenue Q
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 003 :DProud to have become debt free... and striving to keep it that way
  • southernscouser
    Options
    God I hate HSBC! :mad:

Went in there to sort out my 9 month 0% period and the queue was just stupid again! I'm not sitting around for a sodding hour! :wall:

Cost me £1.20 in parking aswell! :doh:
  • southernscouser
    Options
    Also just got off the phone to American Express!

My credit limit is £2,700! Bit disappointed with that to be honest. Although it will be enough to transfer the Amazon balance (12.9%) and the Tesco balance (7.9%).

Will phone them again in about 5 months to ask for an increase in limit as the promotional period is for 6 months! :think:

Feeling a bit better about things now it's all sorted though! And only a few weeks until my debt is sub £30,000! :j

Am gonna wait until the balance transfers are done, then close the Amazon and Tesco cards (they might offer me something decent to keep them open), then apply for another low life of balance card! :D
  • D&DD
    D&DD Posts: 4,405 Forumite
    Options
    Thats great news SS :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business