PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Question about board & moved threads??

Options

Comments

• MATH
    MATH Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wise words Traf. Sometimes I need someone to state the simple solution. Thanks :)

Fran does do a brill job, especially as we babble on a bit and are off topic more than we are on ::) I will PM her
    Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.
  • trafalgar_2
    trafalgar_2 Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just might be quicker as she is a busy lady  ;) ;)
    In the arms all night ;D
  • Pat__3
    Pat__3 Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    Options
    Also some of these thing's are no one's fault as such because when Martin did some deleting a couple of week's ago for thing's that were 160 day's old and not being replied to or read he deleted them so it would help the board speed, and getting ready to install new software in the New Year.

It look's like it messed up a few board's and moved some of the thread's about and some onto board's that they had nothing to do with, hence thing's like some of the Techie board's thread's ended up on the Grabbit board and it seem's to have happened to a few other's so this may explain that they haven't intentially been moved they just caught up in Martin's tidying up, but I do believe it will be put right when they install the new software in the New Year :)

Tried to explain it best I could so hope I haven't confused anyone. :)
  • trafalgar_2
    trafalgar_2 Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    That's very true Pat ,it's been a bit strange round here lately ;D ;D
  • scheming_gypsy
    Options
    Why are frozen sandwiches not considered money saving?  
    :-/

Cos they taste nasty and you have to buy some proper lunch
  • Fran
    Fran Posts: 11,281 Forumite
    Options
    Hello!

Chickens the lot of you! Only Traf even dared mention my name when it clearly stated that I moved the threads. :o ::)

It is very difficult to categorize sometimes when things could fall into more than one place. I had a pm from another BoardGuide who suggested I moved some of the threads because they weren't Old Style. I had been quite happy to leave them there unless someone questioned them but decided to try to keep peace and moved them. I then had a closer think about them and moved some of them to areas when they did not seem to have had an old style answer.

Once they have left here I have no control over them. If you think threads should be back in here, please contact the relevant board guide or someone in the office and request that they be moved.

If you have a problem with anything that I do please contact me first as I'm not happy about having this public thread.
    Torgwen.......... :) ...........
  • Fran
    Options

Edit - for example, on scanning through some of them these looked kindof okay (from memory)
    money saving beauty tips
    homemade decorations
    ginger beer
    freezing sandwiches
    freezing mince pies
    cheapest way to boil water
    advice on gifts as skint at Christmas etc

Hi Chloe,

None of the above were really about Old Style moneysaving which was the original intention of this board. In "The Old Days", they would not have had freezers for example.
  • Fran
    Options
    Is it not possible to move them back?

Why are frozen sandwiches not considered money saving? It saves me money to freeze sandwiches as I'm not left with bits of mouldy bread and dried out ham by the end of the week.

:-/

Hi Squidgy,

Frozen sandwiches of course are moneysaving, but not Old Style moneysaving.
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sorry, fran, you are right, should have pm'd you.
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I just want to say that I agree with Fran,
    I have pm'd her lately with a few threads that needed moving as they were obviously not in the right place, and Fran has then taken the time and trouble to look over a good part of the board and tidy it up, that's part of what the board guide is for.

MoneySaving Old Style
    All about using old 'home economics' methods to save money. White vinegar for cleaning, WWII rationing for budgeting. The good ol'days brought back.

but in a lot of ways the board has turned into 'How do I save money as a homemaker' instead of people sharing ideas on using old methods to do it,

so fran was right to move things which didn't discuss ways it was done in the old days or to move threads asking questions, there are a number of boards on the site for asking questions and threads can be moved here if they then develop into a old style money saving tip thread.

I also don't think this thread should have been started, how many times lately have posters been asked NOT to air their greivances on the boards but to contact a board guide or the abuse controller,

why be 'in a tizzy' without your fave threads? they are still readable! there is even a link from here to take you straight to them, they may even get a more varied and different response on a different board.

I think it would be particularly rude to contact other board guides and have these threads moved back when fran has gone to a lot of trouble to tidy the board and restore it to how it started out, why not let things settle down first and see if it works.

lastly I think this thread should be locked, as previously stated pm fran or abcon with problems, and let it be sorted out off the boards.   :)
    feel free to pm me also if you want to discuss this post  ;D
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure