PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Question about board & moved threads??

Options
I'm fairly new here but just noticed that loads of threads have recently been moved to other boards. I can see the reasoning for some, but quite a few looked like genuine old fashioned money saving threads, seeking old fashioned advice. Please could someone clarify for me what type of things don't belone on this board? Many thanks

Edit - for example, on scanning through some of them these looked kindof okay (from memory)
money saving beauty tips
homemade decorations
ginger beer
freezing sandwiches
freezing mince pies
cheapest way to boil water
advice on gifts as skint at Christmas etc

Comments

• jaybee
    jaybee Posts: 1,555 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes. . .I agree
  • MATH
    MATH Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    All right own up >:( Who's taking cotton-pickin libertys with us Ol'Stylers? We're trained in chemical warfare you know :o Well Vinegar 'n' borax bath bombs if ya must know ;) Some of those moved topics were definately Ol'Style and there isn't a board on this site with posters as old or lacking in style as wot this one has got, so we'd quite like them back pleeeeze ;D
    Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i can see some will do well elsewhere too, but i too feel they were moneysaving old style threads.
  • carrottopsuk
    Options
    Thank you for starting this thread. I was tempted to earlier but decided in waiting for someone to mention it first.

I totally agree - a lot of them were old style money making posts. Even the requests, you could argue that the poster wanted a moneymaking old style answer.

It is also strange that some posts have been moved to another forum only to be moved again by their moderator to another forum.

I am not meaning "to have a go" at the moderators as I appreciate all the work they do for us. These forums could not be run successfully without them, I just question the need for many of these posts to be moved.
  • culpepper
    culpepper Posts: 4,076 Forumite
    Options
    totally agree, I was all of a tizzy without my familiar threads to reread ;)
  • MATH
    Options
    Why are cooking with a slo-cooker and using chestnuts allowed to stay in Ol'Style yet Cookeen has been moved to Any other questions, the desert wasteland of MSE?
    WHY OH WHY OH WHY - The world has gone mad and I'm revolting >:(
  • trafalgar_2
    trafalgar_2 Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Why are cooking with a slo-cooker and using chestnuts allowed to stay in Ol'Style yet Cookeen has been moved to Any other questions, the desert wasteland of MSE?
    WHY OH WHY OH WHY - The world has gone mad and I'm revolting >:(
    Don't be hard on yourself Math ,your not  ;D ;D
  • MATH
    Options
    LOL @ Traf. I wondered who would be the first to get it ;)

Yule Log and Nettle Soup can stay but the humble frozen sandwich? Oh NO - off with it's head ???
  • Squidgy
    Squidgy Posts: 684 Forumite
    Options
    Is it not possible to move them back?

Why are frozen sandwiches not considered money saving? It saves me money to freeze sandwiches as I'm not left with bits of mouldy bread and dried out ham by the end of the week.

:-/
    It's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know
  • trafalgar_2
    trafalgar_2 Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It is possible ,Fran is the guide on this board if you pm and ask she may sort it for ya ;D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure