Survey Stashing: OnePoll hints & tips

Options

Comments

• PenguinJim
    Options
    Now that I think about it, I was stumped on a question last month, too! I wasn't sure if it was a product ingredients question or a subtle spelling question! ;)
    Q: What kind of discussions aren't allowed?
    A: It goes without saying that this site's about MoneySaving.

Q: Why are some Board Guides sometimes unpleasant?
    A: We very much hope this isn't the case. But if it is, please make sure you report this, as you would any other forum user's posts, to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You definitely should not be sharing confidential survey information online, via image or in any other form.

Most survey websites have you sign up to a confidentiality agreement upon signing up and you could be sued for breaching this.
  • Sir_Alan
    Sir_Alan Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just sent off for my latest £40, although there was the usual issue over Easter of all remaining surveys evaporating when I hit £39.90. I had tried the trick which worked for me once before: on reaching £39.80 and being offered seven new surveys, I opened each in a new tab before starting to answer them; the first paid 10p, but the rest all went to the full quota message, so they must have sussed that one. Why do they do it, though? It's not as if it's a cash-flow problem, as they wait around ten working days before paying anyway. I just don't see the point of winding up their members like that. Still, they do seem to be checking the surveys more carefully before publishing them, for the appalling spelling mistakes and silly logic errors are now fewer. If only they could overcome their obsession with celebrities...
  • anjum7865
    Options
    You are right kattykiker
  • DH1983
    DH1983 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    I read the advice on here saying that people would stop getting surveys when nearing £40 and it's totally true. I regularly got a good number of surveys everyday until I reached £39.95 then nothing.
    I had to ask a friend to sign up for me and when they did I got the 50p but also all the surveys they had been holding back! this just happened now on a Sunday when I never get surveys so they were defffinatly ones which were held back from last week
    On the plus side all my surveys were paid and not prize draw
    I wont be doing it again though.
  • jsmithrabbs
    Options
    thats suprising it took you that long because ive been with onepoll for 4 days and earnt £9.00
  • Tim_Mullis
    Tim_Mullis Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    What is the price per hour that can be earned doing surveys?
  • Christine.Hamilton_2
    Options
    5/10p pretty standard, 20p at a reach. Have never had much luck sadly!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tim_Mullis wrote: »
    What is the price per hour that can be earned doing surveys?

I make around £600-£1000 a month on surveys typically doing about 20 hours a month on them, however, this includes focus groups and product trials etc.

I know someone else who spends more like 40 hours a month and earns about £250-£300 a month.

Take from that what you will :) I have quite a few studies open in one go, one from most of the sites I'm with, and I also have a number of other avenues I make money online so I don't do surveys regularly or the moment they come in anymore :)
  • nja-nja
    nja-nja Posts: 274 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    katykicker wrote: »
    I make around £600-£1000 a month on surveys typically doing about 20 hours a month on them, however, this includes focus groups and product trials etc.

£1000/month for 20 hours is £50/hour. Having read your very interesting guide on The Money Shed it would seem that around £5/hour is the best you can do from just the surveys.

Does the rest come from the focus groups and product trials, or am I being dense? (very possible). If so are there any techniques for getting onto those or is it just being lucky to be in the right demographic?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure