Survey Stashing: OnePoll hints & tips

Options

Comments

• Tinman
    Tinman Posts: 880 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hawki wrote: »
    I think I joined in June & cashed out £40 last month, took 28 days & now I'm up to £14 already. I find I get lots of surveys ranging from 10p to 30p, some days I get screened out of all of them. Some days I complete all of them.
    I log in several times a day as they seem to disappear quick!
    They don't seem to like married people, always get screened out on this!!
    Definitely think its worth doing!

i beg to differ on that one
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I do too, they love me:) I'm married and 25-34 :)

Also, if you've made £40 in 4 months then clearly they're not disqualifying you all the time for being married as about 80% of the surveys ask your marital status.
  • CoffeeandStitches
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Just wanted to see if this sounded like a familiar predicament to anyone else...

I'm at £39.95. :j:j YAY! However, I've been here for the last week, and logged on every day to NO available surveys. None at all. Not a sausage. Not even anything to screen me out. Literally zilch.

Has anyone else been in this position? The rational part of me says I'm being paranoid, but a big part of me thinks that this is a delay tactic to stop me cashing out.

Any opinions?
  • Ebe_Scrooge
    Ebe_Scrooge Posts: 7,320 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This happens all the time. You can either wait, a survey will come through eventually. Or you can email them, this usually results in a survey magically appearing ;)
  • flicks
    flicks Posts: 199 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Don't forget that there seems to be an unofficial maximum amount you can earn per day with Onepoll. Seems to be around £1.

It used to be that once this amount was reached any other available survey magically disappeared.

The latest thing with me seems to be that once this amount has been reached the surveys still remain but all come up as "the maximum amount of responses has now been received".

Suggest once this message appears any other available surveys are left until the next day.

As for payment issues I think they are a very small company who do suffer cashflow problems but the money does seem to arrive.

Comments on their Facebook page often seem to get results.
  • Whatsinmypurse
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Just wanted to see if this sounded like a familiar predicament to anyone else...

I'm at £39.95. :j:j YAY! However, I've been here for the last week, and logged on every day to NO available surveys. None at all. Not a sausage. Not even anything to screen me out. Literally zilch.

Has anyone else been in this position? The rational part of me says I'm being paranoid, but a big part of me thinks that this is a delay tactic to stop me cashing out.

Any opinions?

I've been completing surveys on One Poll for a few years now and this happens to me every single time. I'm currently at £39.90 and it doesn't matter what time of the day or night I log on there are no surveys available. Every time this happens it infuriates me despite the fact that I expect it.

One Poll has been registered as a company since March 2010 so they've had nearly five years to get their act together. They couldn't run their business without our completing surveys so regardless of the size of the company they should pay up promptly.

As for being screened out, it seems to me that their ideal respondent is an employed single parent who has a pet. :think:
  • bouboumum
    Options
    Just to say that I have claimed money 3 times and they never tricked me into waiting for the last 5 or 10 p. It has been very straightforward. However, I had to chase my second £ 40 as they were very late. Just my personal experience.
  • Whatsinmypurse
    Options
    Still waiting, they've sent me three surveys that as soon as I saw them I knew I'd be screened out due to my employment status. I've tried to look at my profile answers but can't find anywhere to do so.

I've been bombarded in recent weeks with surveys regarding Christmas shopping, Christmas dinner etc., I'm sure it's no coincidence that I'm nw not getting any of these. No doubt if they give in and give me my last 10p before New Year I'll be bombarded again with surveys about parties etc. Having said that, One Poll staff don't seem to work weekends so perhaps they've packed up until next year.

I can't stand companies that con you and that seems to be exactly what One Poll does. If they think otherwise perhaps they could answer for themselves.
  • Whatsinmypurse
    Options
    I've just been into my One Poll account (at 1 a.m.) and there were several surveys. I was screened out of all but one which then allowed me to hit the £40 payout limit.

Very strange, I wonder if someone actually does read comments about the company?
  • PenguinJim
    Options
    Was hit by a remarkably sexist question today. Usually there's a "neither" or "don't know" or "this is the 21st century, get with the times" option, but here it was just "Woman" or "Man", all the way down.

"Typical heterosexual couple". Did they mean "stereotypical heterosexual couple" perchance? o_O I honestly had no idea what to put! I've only been in one marriage, and I doubt we're "typical"! :D
    Q: What kind of discussions aren't allowed?
    A: It goes without saying that this site's about MoneySaving.

Q: Why are some Board Guides sometimes unpleasant?
    A: We very much hope this isn't the case. But if it is, please make sure you report this, as you would any other forum user's posts, to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure