Survey Stashing: OnePoll hints & tips

Options

Comments

• musashi10
    musashi10 Posts: 454 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've been with them for 18 months and I am up to £24.

For about 4 of those months I didn't log in that much to it though.

I would estimate that if you logged on nearly everyday, you would expect 1 cash out/year just about.

regarding the prizes, how do they let you know you have won?
  • kwakwaversal
    Options
    musashi10 wrote: »
    I've been with them for 18 months and I am up to £24.

For about 4 of those months I didn't log in that much to it though.

I would estimate that if you logged on nearly everyday, you would expect 1 cash out/year just about.

regarding the prizes, how do they let you know you have won?

They let you know via e-mail, and then post the results on the website.

If you look at the quote above (#86), you'll notice how you actually improve your chances of getting surveys if you do as many surveys as you can. They penalise you if you don't by "downgrading" you as a user.

I've been with onepoll since 02/06/2010, and I've cashed out 4x£40 times. It is possible to make some decent money, but you've really have to invest time into it. I dread to think how much time it's taken me to accumulate the money. :eek:
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm just getting a blank page when I go to the site today!
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Spoke too soon, it's back again.

Two 15p surveys and lots of competition ones.

Watch out for the 15p one about music, it just isn't worth it for 15p
  • ashtonluke
    Options
    I'm considering giving up on onepoll to be honest. I have about a £15 balance and with all of the prize surveys that keep appearing, it's just not worth it at all. They should pay out at around £20 instead of £40.
    Survey Earnings saved towards Christmas 2011: £35 and counting!
  • verityboo
    verityboo Posts: 1,017 Forumite
    Options
    I have noticed a few times in the last few days that surveys have been maked as paid ones worth 10 or 15p etc, but at the end of the survey they have said thanks we have entered you in a prize draw. A desparate way of getting people to enter the prize draws?

The fact that they can no longer afford to pay people for completing the individual surveys does not suggest that they are doing terribly well as a company and perhaps the problems with the new website have been their downfall?

If they survive long enough for me to reach £40 I'll definitely not bother with them any more
  • Darren79
    Darren79 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Given their reliance on prize draw surveys these days, people who have just joined the site have no chance of ever reaching the £40 threshold.

I'm currently on £39 and when I get to £40 (if I ever do!!), I'm most certainly off.
  • slbhill
    slbhill Posts: 5,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ashtonluke wrote: »
    I'm considering giving up on onepoll to be honest. I have about a £15 balance and with all of the prize surveys that keep appearing, it's just not worth it at all. They should pay out at around £20 instead of £40.

I'm in a very similar situation. I've logged on every Friday for ages now & done all the available "paying" surveys & sometimes some prize ones. Their surveys have been getting worse and worse for months - longer and with smaller fees, and often with contradictory or meaningless questions.

The last one I did was truly awful - you had to tick 3 options and I couldn't find one I agreed with, never mind 3! I also went into at least 3 surveys on the same day which said "how many children do you have?" and then booted me out when I said 0 - they have that information already, their coding is rubbish if they can't

As others have said though, that money sitting in my balance is stopping me from giving up completely even though I probably should.

If they cashed out at £20 a lot of people would have left... which is no doubt why they're sticking at £40 !

Thank heavens for pinecone :-)

Sorry nothing constructive there really, just needed to let off steam! :o
  • Vince_Venison
    Vince_Venison Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 19 August 2011 at 4:49PM
    Options
    I agree - a lot of the time there is no answer I agree with, so I end up putting any old reply in. It makes me laugh when I read rubbish in the paper like "a recent survey found that 85% of women would like to have dinner with Wayne Rooney" and I think "yeah, that's cos the people who did the survey are all like me and just clicked of the first answer available!"
  • ashtonluke
    Options
    slbhill wrote: »
    I'm in a very similar situation. I've logged on every Friday for ages now & done all the available "paying" surveys & sometimes some prize ones. Their surveys have been getting worse and worse for months - longer and with smaller fees, and often with contradictory or meaningless questions.

The last one I did was truly awful - you had to tick 3 options and I couldn't find one I agreed with, never mind 3! I also went into at least 3 surveys on the same day which said "how many children do you have?" and then booted me out when I said 0 - they have that information already, their coding is rubbish if they can't

As others have said though, that money sitting in my balance is stopping me from giving up completely even though I probably should.

If they cashed out at £20 a lot of people would have left... which is no doubt why they're sticking at £40 !

Thank heavens for pinecone :-)

Sorry nothing constructive there really, just needed to let off steam! :o

That children thing is infuriating and happens to me all of the time!

You are right, it's better to put your efforts elsewhere!
    Survey Earnings saved towards Christmas 2011: £35 and counting!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure