Survey Stashing: OnePoll hints & tips

Comments

• Am I alone in thinking that OnePoll is a bit of a cowboy outfit? They certainly do not appear to check their polls before posting them, for I often see a question requesting multiple choices from a list and yet only permitting one to be clicked (or vice versa); the question and choice of answers are frequently heavily loaded, in the manner of "Have you stopped beating your wife?", without giving an option of "not applicable" or similar (the loading and lack of opt-out both being contrary to the MRS Code of Conduct).

On the other hand, the surveys (using the term loosely) are usually quick and fun, and it hasn't taken me very long to reach £13.00.
  • yes i get annoyed when there's no "not applicable" button. Or it asks something like "do you drink"? and I answer no.. adn then the next question is "how many units?" with no opt out lol... i don't mind that much though, it is silly and a bit unprofessional though.
  • If your using the website (like I am) and then later on get an I phone (which I will next month) do they link your I phone account to your online account or are you running to accounts separately ?
    Beneficial Claims / We Fight Any Claim / Money Worries / Yes Loans are all the same Scam company.
    Do not do business with any of them!!
  • I did a survey for 15p a few days ago, but the money wasn't credited to my account and Onepoll haven't replied yet. This is particularly frustrating as I'm on £39.95 at the moment!
    "It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves" (Sir Edmund Hillary)

AMAZON SELLERS CLUB member 0068
  • If your using the website (like I am) and then later on get an I phone (which I will next month) do they link your I phone account to your online account or are you running to accounts separately ?

It asks you for the same username and password, so they will be linked.
    I did a survey for 15p a few days ago, but the money wasn't credited to my account and Onepoll haven't replied yet. This is particularly frustrating as I'm on £39.95 at the moment!

That's happened to me before, but it was because the name of the poll was something like "Answer coffee mornings survey for 15p" but the actual value of the poll was 0.00. So it was either for nothing, or they forgot to set the value for the survey.

--

Just wanted to let people know that I've been with onepoll since the 2nd of June and I've already had a payout and I'm currently on £32.

You need to check the website a lot because surveys are added all the time and disappear quickly. I guess each researcher has a set budget or wants a certain amount of responses for each survey so as soon as the money has dried up, or the limit is met, the survey is no longer available.

I've never had a response to any of my question's either, but they've at least paid me in a timely manner to my paypal account.

Cheers!
  • hannoja
    hannoja Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 January 2011 at 2:09PM
    I'm disappointed to read that OnePoll don't respond to emails, since I recently emailed them about a survey. I spent over an hour on a survey (along the lines of 'what makes you feel great?'), and at the end it 'said' that the survey wasn't available, or something along those lines :mad: I emailed them about it, but having read that they don't reply, I'm not expecting too much :(
    It's a shame, because it was the most enjoyable survey I remember doing!

I also can't find a profile update section, so assume there isn't one..? Nor can I find any option to request survey emails: some other survey sites let you set how often you want to receive surveys by email. I don't seem to get any emails from OnePoll (sorry if someone's written about this already: haven't seen it).
  • I've just joined One Poll but I've only done 3 surveys! I'm sure I read somewhere on there that they always have 20-30 polls...yeah right. This is going to take an age to get to £40.
    January 2011
    £11,000 Challenge

£267.35 / £11,000
    :D
  • hannoja
    hannoja Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    Yes, it will take a long time. My credit hasn't gone up since around the time I joined, since I only tend to do surveys that I receive via email, and they don't seem to send them.

It might go up more quickly if you log in to the site regularly..?

They did email me back pretty quickly regarding the lengthy survey I did. They said it reached it's quota whilst I was doing it, but they'd credit me the 20p I would have got for completing it... :eek: Needless to say, this survey company has just dropped to the bottom of my list.

Good luck with it!
  • hannoja wrote: »
    I'm disappointed to read that OnePoll don't respond to emails, since I recently emailed them about a survey. I spent over an hour on a survey (along the lines of 'what makes you feel great?'), and at the end it 'said' that the survey wasn't available, or something along those lines :mad: I emailed them about it, but having read that they don't reply, I'm not expecting too much :(
    It's a shame, because it was the most enjoyable survey I remember doing!

I also can't find a profile update section, so assume there isn't one..? Nor can I find any option to request survey emails: some other survey sites let you set how often you want to receive surveys by email. I don't seem to get any emails from OnePoll (sorry if someone's written about this already: haven't seen it).

Wow, an hour survey on onepoll! I think the longest one I have had is about 10 mins! You can change a few things - phone number, whether you own or rent etc on the view and edit tab but onepoll don't send out emails which bugged me for a while but I just log in and check every day now - there are usually a few polls waiting.
  • angelsmomma
    angelsmomma Posts: 1,192 Forumite
    I didn't kmow they never answer emails, that explains why they have not answered me from one I sent last week asking why £6 had disappeard from my balace overnight. oh well only anothe £6 to earn then I am stopping too.
    It has taken 2 years to get this far.

I also get loads of surveys that time out or worse I answer and it then tells me I need to answer question 3 which I already did but hey ho I go back and answer it again then it takes away several other answers so after numerous attempts I just give up having wasted around 20 minutes for nothing.
    Life is not the way it’s supposed to be. It’s the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure