We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
OS Daily - 11th May 2009
Comments
-
Morning all
Essex girl I hope today goes ok for you all
Chilly here in my bit of Essex this morning but already have 2 loads on the line and a third waiting for some space . Pie and mash for tea and jelly for afters .
Loads of phone calls to make and need to look into the possibility of changing our surname as because of the way its spelt our e mails always go to spam and anyway DH wants no more to do with his family after all the upset we have had
Anyway hugs to all who need them need to get on whilest house is quiet allkids at school and OH at work:T
Have a good day0 -
Morning all, don't get on here very often but it always cheers me up when I do.
Taplady don't chickens have to be girls to lay eggs?
Making shepherds pie for tea with potatoes that are going to get up and walk the legs on them!!!
Not much else OS as I feel like pleasing myself today, since going back to work in Feb I don't seem to get any time to myself - either at work or doing the house!!!
Have a lovely day all.
H
0 -
Yes Sistercas,
A large glass of red wine was spilt on the carpet so I covered the wine with mounds of salt, the salt slowly turned pink, I just kept adding more on top and this morning I vacumed it up and there's not a sign of any stain. Works every time, I used to blot the spillage first but that didn't work so well, the salt works like blotting paper but better. HTHelps.
thanks, thats a fantastic tip I dread red wine being spilt0 -
Morning Guys!
Having a very slow and painful morning. Just resting up today and reading through coursework as Im at the hospital a few times this week.
WM is on and will be hung out hopefully by OH as the weather is nice. DW has been on and emptied by DD and OH is doing a little ironing atm to keep on top of it. The grass also needs a cut which only takes 15 mins.
Trying to sort a charity bag for a collection tomorrow. DD has so many old clothes that she doesnt fit anymore, so will try and go through them with her after school today.
I bought some Asda laundry liquid a couple of months back and each small bottle does 28 washes and were 2 bottles for £5. I got 1 non-bio and the other for colours (2 in1) and I am very impressed with both. I have used the recommended amount, which is a very small amount and they have been fine. It also smells lovely and takes less room in the pantry.
Sausages for dinner, but dont know what to do with them? I have half a cauli to make cauli cheese as I couldnt eat yesterday....so has to be something to go with that
Anyway, I hope evryone is well.
PP
xxTo repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,requires brains!FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS0 -
Morning all
I have a days holiday off work today as lots of official finalising to do re late DMiL's flat etc. Also going to try to get our house back into some form of normality as we have lots of bags and boxes of things that DH wanted to keep but where to put them???? Think it may be a long job!!!
Washing out on line, bm on, not sure what to have for tea tonight yet - I need inspiration!:rotfl:
Pen-pin hope the pain eases for you ((((((Hugs))))))
Redruby and Tru loved the pics (glad you are posting again Tru)
Diva, hope you heard from Tristan and are feeling ok yourself
SunnyGirl hope your DD is still improving.
Had a lovely day with DH yest, we went out for lunch, mooched round the shops (not often he is in the mood to do that!!!!) holding hands and met family for a drink. It seemed to do him the world of good and we spent time actually talking about all sorts of things. Just lately our whole lives had been caught up with heartbreaking things and officialdom and it was lovely to relax and be light-hearted. Feel so much better myself this morning
So hope you all have a good day - I must make a start!
xxx"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you are up to........"
Dieting ........... is no piece of cake!!!!:D
Weight loss since January 2011 - 5st 5 lbs!!!!!0 -
:hello:Morning all!
Been away a while trying to get used to new meds but I have just got back from a lovely week away in Wales with my sister.
We surprised her by booking a holiday cottage in the village and then just popping round for a cuppa! You should have seen her face! I am normally a 4 hour drive away on the other side of the uk so she was a tad confused but happy to see us. I reassured her that she didn't have to rush around making up beds etc., and we had a lovely week touring all her local charity shops! I spent far too much so now have to do a store cupboard challenge until payday:D
I also came back with a huge bag of knitting wool that sis didn't need so that will keep me busy for ages and she taught me to crochet!:j (I must practice lots)
I am desperately trying to flylady the house now as it is a mess and we will have visitors (dd's and bf) in a couple of weeks.
I have yet to catch up with you all but hope all is well and (((hugs))) to all who could use one
Catz xOur days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.
Jan grocery challenge £35.77/£1200 -
Morning all,
Tru, your chickens look wonderful...I'm so envious. I had a peek at your cards too and they're fabulous.
Beth, love the salt tip!
kjsam, your picnic sounds great. Far better to get out and enjoy yourself.
Essex girl, I hope today goes well for you.
catznine, it's great to see you posting again! I'm glad you had a good time with your sis. I must make some time soon to go and see mine. She keeps mitherig me and has even threatened to book the flights herself. Maybe I should just hold out for that.

Didn't get a chance to post over the last couple of days because it was my weekend at work so Mr Pink did most of the Old Style things around here.
He does cook a mean roast pork! I did do one Old Style thing though...I cut ds2's hair because he couldn't see out, and even if I say so myself it looks good.
The weather is glorious this morning and there isn't a cloud in the sky, so I think it will be a day in the garden for me. I want to plant up the (free) strawberry runners I have but not quite sure where to put them yet. I now have 30 strawberry plants so hopefully we'll get a decent crop this year. I have been trying to harden off the tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers over the last couple of weeks and last night was the first time I left them out in the mini green house overnight. One of the cucumbers doesn't look too happy this morning.
Tea tonight will be spaghetti bolognese as it's a quick turn around with everyone coming in and me going out to work.
Right, I'm wasting all this sunshine. Have a good day everyone.
Pink0 -
Morning everyone!
It's a glorious day over here, perfect for drying loads and loads of washing. That's my starter on the old style stakes. I want to give the floors a good scrubbing too so that means I'll have all the windows open and the house will be filled with lovely fresh air.
My wee Teddy is at the vet's today getting his teeth done. He has terrible gum disease so he'll be getting some gnashers out, poor thing. I've had to put it off while I was unemployed. However I've just heard that I've got (yet another) job - it's a 3 month contract - so that means I have some pennies coming in to finance the vet's [STRIKE]holiday[/STRIKE] fees.
I've got a lodger at the minute, my friend's wee kittie. She's a gorgeous little girl and so bouncy and noisy. I love kittens - she's only about seven months old. However my girl Mitzi got really annoyed when she saw the visitor sitting on my knee and poor wee visitor got chased. It's peaceful now so they must be downstairs eyeballing each other like cats do. My Dylan remains in fantastic form - I have his insides under control (touch wood) and he looks so healthy and full of life. He woke me at around 4.00am wanting to play fetch...
Catznine, I'd been thinking about you lately, so it was lovely to hear from you today. That sounds like a fabulous holiday you had, Wales is beautiful.
Tru, love the chickies. Harry is a very good name - I bet she's the loud bossy one:rolleyes::rotfl:
Bye for now
Snowy0 -
DH ( and it does not often stand for dear heart!;)) does not dare ask me to run down the cupboards etc as I point out how much money it would cost to have to replace stuff "all in a lump" rather than my taking advantage of special offers, yellow stickers and "bog off!"
He seems to think "Bog off!" refers to something other than "Buy one get one free" judging by the way he scuttles off.
I assure him that nothing is wasted, it saves a lot of money and it saves me asking him to take me shopping as often.
The final blow is when I point out that if I or one of the DDs is ill then having a good stock of things in the house means I don't have to ask him to do shopping on his own- he pales at that idea!:rolleyes:
Three loads of washing are on the line outside. Going to have a shower once DD is out of there and then do another machine load.
Making pea soup for a late lunch and then might do roasted veg for tea with potato wedges - picky dd might be made a pasta dish using the roasted veg (sneaky).
Hugs to Penny pincher, Diva and Sunnygirl and anyone else who could do with one.
Tru
Love the chickens!!!!!!"This site is addictive!"
Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
Preemie hats - 2.0 -
Morning- lovely here but very windy.Just having a cuppa,but 2 beds stripped,washed and on the line,and towels.May even put another lot on as I think they'll dry pretty quick.Don't want to do DS1s till Wed,as ex sis in law is giving us a double bed surplus to her requirements as she is moving into OHs on Friday,which will be going into his room.We will tip the old one which was an ancient base from Dads when we cleared his house,and a cheap foam mattress that DS2 had before and had worn a hollow in-DS1 has to nearly claw his way out :rotfl:
I am profiting from her move as I got the 2 mini greenhouses from her at weekend,and spent yesterday putting them up and transferring stuff.The conservatory looks tidier anyway.I do seem to have a lot of tomato plants though.
Having a good tidy round today,place feels like a tip.When the new bed comes I can empty my wardrobe of the towels and bedding I put in there,as it has 4 drawers.I had to empty the wardrobe in DS1s room where I normally kept them,when he moved back in.
I've got lots of ironing,and bits of sewing on the machine,including repairing a pair of jeans and taking up two prs trousers I got for my hol.I nearly always have to do that being of petite stature as I prefer to call it(rather than shortar*e that DH and DSs call me,so will do that later.
Hope you get your pain under control PP.
Tea is salmon in the Remoska,with salad,v easy
Hugs to all.x:heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards