We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

OS Daily - 11th May 2009

245

Comments

  • Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,216 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 11 May 2009 at 8:27AM
    Good morning :beer: Thank you all for your congratulations to DS :A We're very proud of him and his sister :D


    Old Style jobs for today:
    • Flylady list
    • mow the lawn - I can't put it off any longer :o
    • make rhubarb and ginger jam
    • rabbit casserole for supper
    • finish tidying the dining room
    • gardening :j
    edited to add. What a lucky chicken Tru to have such a great name.:DI hope she lives up to her namesake and drives the other girls mad with her whittering. :p;):o:D:T

    Ain't that the truth :rolleyes: :p:D

    Have a great day, everyone :T

    Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    morning

    tru I love your chickens I am soooo jealous ;), I would love to have some.

    Redruby i will go and look at your pics when i have posted this

    Bethebee sounds like your guests caused you alot of work , did you say you put salt on the spilled wine?

    I made some of MrsMcCawbers tortillas yesterday ( recipe on the grocery challenge thread) and they are lovely, I have filled them with home grown rocket, lettuce and HM egg mayo, for the kids lunch box. the tortillas are so easy to make and you can can freeze thrm. I dont think I will buy them any more

    need to tidy up
    do some washing
    and ironing
    off to tesco later.

    I am going to see John Barrowman tonight at Sheffield city hall :j:j i am sooooo excited :j:j

    tea tonight will be HM burger and relish , salad and HM wedges

    (((hugs))) to all that need
    have a good day everyone x
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    sistercas wrote: »

    I made some of MrsMcCawbers tortillas yesterday ( recipe on the grocery challenge thread) and they are lovely, I have filled them with home grown rocket, lettuce and HM egg mayo, for the kids lunch box. the tortillas are so easy to make and you can can freeze thrm. I dont think I will buy them any more

    I have tried to search for this receipe but I can't find it. Can you point me in the right direction or post the receipe please :D
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,216 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I have tried to search for this receipe but I can't find it. Can you point me in the right direction or post the receipe please :D

    Click here ;)
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker

    thank you - you are a star!!!!!
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Bitzybeans I see Penpen has done the honours ( thanks Penpen ) they are definitly worth making



    Redruby awwwwwwww little dog looks gorgeous x
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    morning all!

    Tru - great chooks! more names could be - pink and penny if they are girls;)

    OS type things today

    washing on line
    make spag bol
    work in veggie garden
    paint sheds and fences

    day off today:j am doing a cleaning job this morning for some pin money then out in the garden this afternoon. The weather is supposed to change later in the week so need to get some work done while its nice.

    (((hugs))) to all in need

    Take care x
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • betheebee
    betheebee Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    sistercas wrote: »
    morning

    tru I love your chickens I am soooo jealous ;), I would love to have some.

    Redruby i will go and look at your pics when i have posted this

    Bethebee sounds like your guests caused you alot of work , did you say you put salt on the spilled wine?

    I made some of MrsMcCawbers tortillas yesterday ( recipe on the grocery challenge thread) and they are lovely, I have filled them with home grown rocket, lettuce and HM egg mayo, for the kids lunch box. the tortillas are so easy to make and you can can freeze thrm. I dont think I will buy them any more

    need to tidy up
    do some washing
    and ironing
    off to tesco later.

    I am going to see John Barrowman tonight at Sheffield city hall :j:j i am sooooo excited :j:j

    tea tonight will be HM burger and relish , salad and HM wedges

    (((hugs))) to all that need
    have a good day everyone x

    Yes Sistercas,
    A large glass of red wine was spilt on the carpet so I covered the wine with mounds of salt, the salt slowly turned pink, I just kept adding more on top and this morning I vacumed it up and there's not a sign of any stain. Works every time, I used to blot the spillage first but that didn't work so well, the salt works like blotting paper but better. HTHelps.
  • Sweetpeanut
    Sweetpeanut Posts: 267 Forumite
    morning all!! a gorgeous day here WM, on washing on the line, goin to take DD1 to school in a minute, DD2 at nursery whoooo:j:j:j, then a day of cleaning me thinks!!! watch out spiders here i come, the windows are gonna get flung open, and let the cleaning commence:D:D:D, hope you all have a great day, bye for now:hello::hello:
    • whoops!! sealed pot opened!!! for holiday stuff, £360, an i BLEW it:D
  • wannabe_sybil
    wannabe_sybil Posts: 2,845 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    First load of washing in. More to follow - the weather forecast says a good drying day so I did one lot over night.

    Just peeked out and saw a little one retrieving a ball from our yard and get nettled - need to get that sorted out. Or at least grow dock leaves.

    Evil cat has had another checkup. She should be okay with the joints, she is doing really well on the food, she needs eye drops. Dear heart administered the first lot last night among much feline fury. We cannot go through such a performance every night, I do hope she becomes resigned.

    Plans for today - washing and ironing with a spot in the garden little bear permitting. It is not safe to take him into the garden and then do something else, because of steps and now that the bollards have been removed, crazed white van drivers try and use this unmade, potholed road as a rat run. Apart from it usually being unsuccessful because drivers at the end won't let them join the queue, their suspension is then history. And on occasion geography as bits of under car are distributed.

    I have no idea what to have for tea. Dear heart wants me to use up all that is in the cupboards before I buy any more food. This strikes into my very soul, but I suppose I had better get on with it. I shall research corned beef hash.

    Also due to an oversight I shall be washing a duvet and little bear's teddy in stardrops in the fervent hope that the Metanium comes out. He didn't distribute it that widely this time. He concentrated more on depth than width.

    Hugs to all.
    Ankh Morpork Sunshine Sanctuary for Sick Dragons - don't let my flame go out!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.