We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

OS Daily - 11th May 2009

tru
tru Posts: 9,139 Forumite
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
edited 11 May 2009 at 6:16AM in Old style MoneySaving
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for 11th May. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the
Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred.

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.


Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

Morning :hello:

More OS than ever in my house lately :D The veg garden looks fab, the herbs are going mad and the greenhouses have never looked better :j Chickens are wonderful and I wish we'd had them years ago :DPIC please excuse the paint dribbles on the wall, lol.

I'm going for a wander to my local shops today, then my mum is coming round to meet the chickens :D Gardening this afternoon, then homemade quiche for tea.

Bulletproof
«1345

Comments

  • christabell
    christabell Posts: 427 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    :rotfl:Good morning everybody,:rotfl:

    I have so much hoovering, picking up "stuff" ,filling paperwork, dusting to do that I would like to invite ALL FLYLADIES to come practice their skills while I watch:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.....Surely that is VERY OS?

    Meanwhile I will drink coffee and read the online papers.........
    Today, my BEST is good enough.
  • nesssie1702
    nesssie1702 Posts: 1,346 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Morning everyone! Surely it can't be Monday again?!

    It's a beautiful calm day here and the sun's shining on the loch :dance: I've got a load of towels in the machine and I'll hopefully get them hung out before I head to work :)

    DH's lunch is soup and oatcakes and I'll grab something at work. Not sure what I'm going to make for tea, perhaps a salad seeing as the weather's good.

    Got Choir practice this evening, so won't get much studying done tonight. DH is going to tackle the ironing mound.....

    I hope that you all have a good day. Hugs to those that are in need of support or a pick-me-up.:grouphug:
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Morning all.
    Tru - loving the pic of your chickens. Do they have names?!!! Would love some myself BUT after putting in a veggie patch in the garden I really can't afford to sacrifice any more garden. Not with 2 kids at any rate!!

    Sorry this post is going to be a bit thin on OS content. Apart from pushing the duster round there isn't much else going on here today. Off to Childminder Toddler group this morning (although to be honest I can't be bothered to go) and DS is off to pre school. Feel too tired at the moment to have another baking frenzy like I did on Friday morning.
    On my meal planner there should be pea and ham pasta for tea tonight but I don't fancy that :o
    Have a good day everyone, OS or not ;)
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • betheebee
    betheebee Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Morning all
    Didn't get on here y/day. I collected DGD2 at 7.30am and had her until 5pm. She has been a bit cranky since having her jabs on Thursday so DD2 had a break for the day.

    I still managed to do some gardening, paperwork sorted and cook a full roast.

    Some friends came for dinner last night and deceided to sleep over due to copious amounts of wine they consumed. After a minor domestic they chose to sleep in seperate rooms so aswell as changing our bedding I have another 2 to do. I wouldn't mind but he crept into her room after a couple of hours. So much unneccesary washing and ironing.
    They have just left for work, part of me is hoping they have a hangover all day.

    Anyhoo, BM on and first lot of sheets in WM. New DW, delivered on Saturday, doing it's first cycle, it's so much quiter than the old one.
    Going to local farm for meat and veg, P.Office, bank and try and track down something that will take dye out of a cot blanket.
    Must buy more salt as I had to pour loads over red wine spilt on the carpet thanks to friends missing the table. :mad:

    Off to read y/days thread.
  • Janae
    Janae Posts: 177 Forumite
    Good mornning all

    Yesterday was absolutely glorious! Didn't do half the things I intended to but we did go for an 8 mile walk & picnic, then came home to a casserole in the SC. Heard my first cuckoo of the year, and saw swallows as well.
    Feeling very tired this morning as a result but slowly waking up with 2 cups of coffee:).
    My shift pattern has altered at work and I now have a more set routine so OH & I have now allocated Mondays as major housework day once we get home. Dinner is likely to be something straight from the freezer into the oven in that case.
    Right, time to set BM going and get ready for work.
    Have a good day everyone, see you later:wave:
    GC April 93.92/500
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all,

    Beautiful day here, I have at least three loads of washing to do, so will get that on the line,dw also needs to go on this morning.
    I need to hoover through, and mop floors, clean right through,make buiscuits and do an online shop.

    Tomorrow I hope to get into the garden for most of the day, so hopefully i can get all my work done today.

    I posted some photos of little dog in her life jacket on the end of yesterdays thread if you want a nosy :D

    Roast beef for dinner tonight, I did not sleep too well last night and OH was up at 5 this morning, he has gone to work at setting up the chelsea flower show, so he is in for a long day, so I will leave his dinner for him to heat up later.

    OK have good days all xx
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,139 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    They haven't got names yet, but I'll be naming them after OSers :D One (don't know which one yet) will definitely be called Harry - short for HariboJunkie :D
    Bulletproof
  • betheebee
    betheebee Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    WFM, I've just read your post you did y/day. In answer to your question, mix 1 part vinegar to 10 parts of warm water, rub on the windows with a cloth then scrunch up newspaper and dry the glass. You'l find there will be no smears that window cleaner chemicals leave. HTH.

    (((((((((PENPIN, JACKIO, NIC LOU, SUNNY SMOKY HAPPYROLY))))))))))))

    Hope you're ok SMOKY.x
  • HariboJunkie
    HariboJunkie Posts: 7,740 Forumite
    edited 11 May 2009 at 7:16AM
    Morning everyone :hello:

    I managed to get all my list done yesterday so I feel very virtuous this morning. :D
    I have a mad week of meetings and appointments and am going to help OH in the office every day so i needed to get ahead of the game.
    So far I have fed the birds, hung a load of washing on the line and emptied the DW. Just need to do sarnies for OH and me (girls were done last night).
    Tea will be rissoles from last night's leftover beef with spuds and cauliflower cheese.
    Am hoping to fit in more gardening between picking the girls up this afternoon and ferrying them to Brownies at 6pm.

    Lovely pics Ruby but I can't see the chooks Tru. :confused:

    Take care everyone.

    Haribo x

    edited to add. What a lucky chicken Tru to have such a great name.:DI hope she lives up to her namesake and drives the other girls mad with her cleaning. :p;):o:D:T
  • Essex-girl_2
    Essex-girl_2 Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    Morning All

    Quick post from me today, we are off the the City of London cemetery to place nans ashes with grandads, it is set in beautiful gardens and really is a lovely place. Think everyone is heading off for a pub lunch after but we will see how the time goes as need to be back for the kids.

    Not too much OS therefore, will be ironing tonight.

    Weather isnt nice here, enjoy it if you have sunshine.
    x
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.