We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

OS Daily - SATURDAY 9th MAY

1235»

Comments

  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,331 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Afternoon all,

    Very lazy day here, 'breakfast' at 2 pm, ham on for dinner at god knows what time....when its cooked I suppose.

    2 washes done and on line, not really fine but they will get a blow which I like, will take them in if rain starts.

    Knitting will be main occupation this evening, must get on with Christmas presents!

    Japanese friend got me some Szechuan pepper, hoi-sin sauce and sesame oil when she visited her favourite Asian supermarket this morning....I try to avoid it as I am tempted to spend more than I can afford!

    Hugs to all who are in need or want, hope all those MIA will be back to see us soon, congratulations to all who are celebrating, and welcome to any newbies

    Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • hello,
    havent posted on the daily thread before

    i'm still getting used to a strange weekend routine, OH's new job gives him sundays and thursdays off so i suddenly have lots more time to myself on saturdays .. supposed to be revising for my uni exams, but a hard week has left me very apathetic! OH is being uber healthy at the moment as he is currently in the process of applying for the navy (starting in sept) so i getting ready for his fitness test. The guilt from watching him go out running is starting to spur me into action so spent this morning in the gym...

    also printed off some emails of recipies from my mum and posted some back to her...made a cheese cake she reccomended last week and OH now thinks i am a cullianary genius (he has a very sweet tooth)

    cooking wise having a dodgy day...got a tesco order being delivered (dont drive) always get quite late orders to get the delivery price down which has meant a treck to the shops today as i realised we had no food for dinner. but then found quick and easy tesco stuff on at half price (winner!)

    also done lots of paper work, got a place on a teaching training course so sorting out student finance/flat for next year/crb/work experience...stress! but it is lovley to finish a big mound of papers, have a cup of tea, and feel proud

    best part of the day was playing with my fancy new coffee maker. OH broke out previous one so got a really fancy one to say sorry (i am a caffine fiend). i love playing with new toys esp. when OH isnt around to aggrivate me by ignoring the instructions!

    hope everyone is having a nice weekend

    xxxxx
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Good afternoon all,

    I had a lovely time in Manchester with DS3. We had a sandwich for lunch sat in the sunshine in Piccadilly Gardens while DS tried to beat the water fountain coming from the ground - not always with success :rotfl: We then spent a great couple of hours wandering round looking at & photographing some of the lovely architecture & sculptures. I was ready for a cup of tea when we got in though - I sound like my Nana and I'm only 42 :eek: :D

    The washing I'd put on the line, a towel wash, had dried by the time I came back :T just at the right moment as we've just had a downpour. Just got the pasta to cook for dinner tonight which will be around 6ish I think.

    Pen Pen Well done to DS!

    Pen Pin Hope the new tablets keep working for you.

    Diva I have some Shaun the Sheep tokens for books from Weetabix if you're interested? Or anyone else? It seems a shame to throw them if anyone is collecting them.

    :wave: to any new posters or returners that I've missed.
    A G&T a day keeps the doctor away :p
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Afternoon all,

    welcome to princess_siobhan, you will love it here, its very addictive.

    Been out for a lovely walk 6.5 miles today, stopped and had tuna and beetroot sandwiches overlooking a lake full of wild birds. Little dog is now fast asleep in her bed, very tired its a long way for such little legs.

    Kathy, I heard my first cuckoo call today, and thought of you, I am sure it was you who said you loved to hear it ?

    Just having a cuppa, OH is about to mow the lawn :T, and I will get the dinner on, quick pasta tonight, and will then settle down for TV and wine :beer:, have good evening all xx
  • Janae
    Janae Posts: 177 Forumite
    Hello
    Quick update on today. DD2 has just done her last dance exam and thinks she's done just enough to pass:j, just AS levels to get out of the way now.
    While we were out OH mowed the lawns so the garden looks much better now.
    princess_siobhan - welcome:hello:. I've only just joined the OS dailies and its a lovely place to be!

    Time to tidy up, do some more washing and then chill out with a glass of wine & Britain's Got Talent!

    Have a good evening everyone.
    GC April 93.92/500
  • Rowan9
    Rowan9 Posts: 2,317 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    oooh redruby I also heard my first cuckoo call this week. I was walking the dogs down the marsh trail and just stood still and listened. It was fabulous.
    Had a busy day here - weeding garden and putting together a table and chair set. I am pleased with my assembly skills :D
    Tea was spag bol in the end - blitzed the sauce so DH didn't see big chunks of courgette which he doesn't like :rolleyes:, so he ate it all. Have to be sneaky sometimes.
    Might tackle the ironing pile tonight while I watch a bit of mindless telly. Feel sleepy so don't want to sit down or I'm sure I'll fall asleep.
    Have a good evening all
    w
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,951 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper
    Sunnygirl Glad your dad is doing alright.

    Not much in the way of OS to report. We had some more of our M&S meal deal chicken for dinner tonight. We froze half of the last one after cooking it, so it makes quick and easy dinners - just need to do potatoes and veg.

    I'm trying to concentrate on doing something about my weight at the moment, so I may be a bit quiet. I wouldn't need to do that if I was really OS would I? My poor gran only just had enough food to go round the family on a good day. There was certainly no danger of anyone being overweight.

    Hugs to anyone feeling under the weather. Take care all of you.
  • HariboJunkie
    HariboJunkie Posts: 7,740 Forumite
    edited 9 May 2009 at 8:35PM
    Ruby, the pup is a she and she's a nine month old collie/patterdale terrier cross and she is an absolute joy. :DFlea ridden, but an absolute joy. :rolleyes:
    She looks like this but a bit more gormless. :o (that's not actually her but I don't have any pics of her on this puter)

    Re the tomatoes.... I planted the seeds in February so maybe they are growing but I'm watching them alot so it seems to be slow. But yes, things are slower in the frozen north.

    Welcome siobhan. :hello:

    Cranky... don't be a stranger. :kiss:

    Glad you had a good day Sunnygirl.

    Take care of yourself Ivyleaf. x

    Sybil, I learned long ago that toddlers are never safe left unsupervised with any form of ink.

    The dog has caught fleas from our cat who occasionally visits us. :rolleyes: So she, the cat and the house are treated. :o
    The plant sale I wanted to go to is on next week, not today. :o
    The fish cakes I wanted to cook for tea were a non starter as everyone said yuck and wanted HM burgers. :o
    My kitchen is bombed. :o
    I am pooped. :o

    On the plus side, we had a lovely walk on the shores of the loch and popped into our local poultry and plant centre to feed some lovely chickens and to look at the plants and came home with 2 huge bags of chicken poo for £1.50, oh... and the sun is due to make an appearance tommorrow. I live in hope. :cool:

    Haribo x
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Ruby, the pup is a she and she's a nine month old collie/patterdale terrier cross and she is an absolute joy. :DFlea ridden, but an absolute joy. :rolleyes:
    She looks like this but a bit more gormless. :o

    She is Very cute, whats her name ?? xx
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    donny-gal wrote: »
    Good news, braved the wii fit this morning for a weigh-in and had lost a 1lb. Hadn't braved it since being home, and would have been happy to stay the same, but a loss made my day. Think I must be burning calories to keep warm.

    well done donny-gal!:T
    Do what you love :happyhear
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.