We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

OS Daily - SATURDAY 9th MAY

135

Comments

  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Well done to Master PenPenguin - what a great achievement!

    Re: taking the children to the supermarket. My DS2 also used to morph at the entrance to the store. I used to dread taking him anywhere. DS1 was a little angel in comparison!

    For those of you interested in Skyping - the only outlay is a webcam (mine cost less than £10 at PCWorld - check that it comes with headphones and microphone). Download Skype for free, then you can call anyone else on Skype and talk to them, and see them, for free for as long as you like. It's made so much difference to me being able to keep in touch with the family. I really recommend it. Ravelesley - sadly, you'd still have to talk your family into using it, too. I wouldn't be without it; it's one of the real;y positive benefits of the internet - along with MSE of course!

    Sunny-girl - your Dad is in my thoughts.

    Sistercas - yes, I'm settling in quite well, thanks. It really looks like home now that the ironing board is up and groaning under the weight of all the clothes! Some things never change, wherever you are!

    Haribo - I hadn't realised you'd been ill - hope you are feeling better.

    Happy Birthday to MSE Martin today!

    See you later.

    KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

    Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • mummysaver
    mummysaver Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Morning all!

    BM whizzing away with pizza dough at the mo, making them for the kids to have with their dad, and for me to take round to friend's for dinner tonight - feel like a chef! Also promised thriftlady's choc fudge cake to a friend, so will need to get that made at some point!

    House needs a good old tidy round, but will do that later with the kids when everyone is back and before we all go off again! Just gotta get ready to take dd1 bikini shopping, dd3 will be trailing behind moaning no doubt, she is in a grump as I had to delouse her after school yesterday, not the sort of friends I like her to bring home lol! ds is working and dd2 is off shopping with friends for the day.

    Looking forward to this evening, going to go and oggle Hugh Jackman in Wolverine, not too bothered about the film, but quite like him! Then pizza and wine, lovely! And I get a lie in tomorrow, even better!

    Hope everyone has a good day and hugs to all in need, hopefully will be popping in a lot more soon, life has just gone a bit dolally lately and seriously eaten into my mse os board time! xx
    GC Oct £387.69/£400, GC Nov £312.58/£400, GC Dec £111.87/£400
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Morning all!

    weekend off:j:j:j

    Happy Birthday MSE Martin:beer:

    Penpen - well done to your DS:T

    nic1lou- glad you had a good nights sleep!

    SunnyGirl - great to hear your Dad is doing well!

    plans for today

    usual housework
    usual laundry
    wait for DHs racing pigeons to come back from Exeter
    go to asda for groceries

    thats about it at the moment.
    Hope you all enjoy your weekend x
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • betheebee
    betheebee Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    edited 9 May 2009 at 4:15PM
    Morning all,
    Didn't get on here y/day because DD2 DGD2 and I went to visit my DNiece to see her 6 day old baby. Last time DD2 went to visit her she left DGD's pink blanket behind and DNiece had been using it. DN told DD2 it was in the WM. DD2 got it out, it was grey/purple :eek: DN had put it in the wash along with her OH's jeans, red sheets and her baby's white vests. Everything was grey/blue. :eek:
    Hope I can get some of those colour catchers to try and get it back to pink. I have it soaking in Starcleen atm. Any suggestions appreciated.

    Have a beef curry slowly simmering since 7am which will be portioned and frozen. It always tastes better after freezing.
    Stocked up on YS veg and have that cooking for soup and will mini blitz it so it's still a bit chunky.
    Planted out some begonias, Phlox and Lavender and done some weeding.
    1 line of washing out and a pile of ironing waiting to be done.
    The new DW is being delivered today so must empty the cupboards under the sink so DH can plumb it in.
    Have ordered a new fridge but wont be delivered untill the 25th. Untill then I have gaffa tape keeping the door shut because the seal has gone.

    PEN PEN, Well done to your clever DS. :T
    SUNNYGIRL, Hope DDad is home soon, take care hun.
    PEN PIN, I think a break away will be good for you both, Wishing you well every day.
    DIVA, Do hope you hear from Tristan.
    SMOKY, Missing you, hope you're ok.

    I phone DD1 in Spain a lot and use Dialwise conection which costs half a pence per minute. Just dial 0844 200 1515, listen to instructions then dial the number you require, hope this helps those with F&F abroad who can't do Skype.
    I found this on MSE under phones/utilities board, there are numbers for calling all over the world all for pennies per minute.
  • Sweetpeanut
    Sweetpeanut Posts: 267 Forumite
    morning all, washings out on the line, god knoes for how long, weathers looking rather gloomy here:mad:, as long as it gets dry, before the rain comes, my dogs gone to the hairdressers (she has a better life than me!!!) girls are arguing, fighting and giving me a headache as per usual, im thinking something nice for tea:rolleyes:, so i won't be cooking:D, definately take-away, i need a break!! hope everyone has a good saturday, take care all :T:T:T
    • whoops!! sealed pot opened!!! for holiday stuff, £360, an i BLEW it:D
  • nic1lou2
    nic1lou2 Posts: 686 Forumite
    I told you earlier those painkillers last night had left me woolie headed - well after putting the sc on 3 hours ago I now find that it needs electricity to work!!!:o:o:o Gammon may be for tomorrow at this rate:rotfl::rotfl:
    "Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you are up to........"
    :D Dieting ........... is no piece of cake!!!!:D
    Weight loss since January 2011 - 5st 5 lbs!!!!!
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    :hello: Good morning!

    Happy Birthday MSE Martin! :bdaycake:Hope you have the great day you richly deserve.

    christabell - it looks as if you managed to sleep a bit longer last night? Hope so anyway.

    Penny_Pincher - what a lovely GP you have! I'm glad the new tablets gave you a good sleep - hope you don't feel hungover though.

    Sunnygirl - So glad your Dad is doing well and nearer to home. Been thinking of you all.

    betheebee - Good luck with the blanket! There are sheets you can buy similar to "colour catcher" - they used to be called something like "Runaway" but may have a different name now.

    Penny Penguin - Well done to your DS, you must be so proud of him, bless his heart.

    MSD - :hello: Thanks for my wave :D Glad Tris has been in touch.

    Pink-Winged -Thank you for the good wishes :D

    tru - nice to see you, glad you are enjoying your chickens!

    mioliere - Glad to see you, and that you are feeling settled in now that you have loads of ironing to do :D

    smokybabe and halight - Thinking of you.

    I didn't post y'day, just read, as it was our Golden Jubilee mass at our church last night and I'm in the choir so I thought I'd better spend the day resting as i was so tired - I managed to go though, and it all went very well. There was a party afterwards and I had 2 glasses of red and some nibbles, spent far too long standing up, and was home just after 10 :D I'm so glad I managed to go, it would have been sad to miss it. Lots of people came who used to go to our church but had moved away, so it was lovely to see them again. I will take things farily easy today.

    ((((HUGS))) to everyone - yes Haribo, even you! And welcome to our new and returning posters.

    nic1lou2 - just read your post about the SC - glad I'm not the only one who does things like that!((HUGS))
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hello everyone, oh it's a while since I popped in here, just thought I would pop in and say hello.

    SunnyGirl that sounds yummy, enjoy your day and good to hear your Dad is on the mend
    Money saving Diva how lovely, see I get more attatched to cars/objects than my partner does :o
    Pen-Pin, wow, can't moan much getting so much sleep!
    Teresita, don't think of it as lazy but time saving. Shopping in the shop takes hours with kids or 15 minutes online and time I always look at as money....
    Penny P wow, well done to your DS that is great!

    ARGH I was going to peg the washing out as it did look sunny, now it's raining, well it might put spanner in the works of all my plans today which included laundry, gardening and caravan refilling. No it's stopped again....oh it's going to be like that today is it.

    Anyway, I'm here because, well I probably feel guilty for not being very OS lately, I have let things slip hugely and regretting it. Will try better this week.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • wannabe_sybil
    wannabe_sybil Posts: 2,845 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Penelope Penguin - congratulations to your DS.

    Hugs to all - sorry if I have forgotten anyone!

    Also, black felt tip, if ingested, comes out a lovely shade of bottle green in the nappy.
    Ankh Morpork Sunshine Sanctuary for Sick Dragons - don't let my flame go out!
  • blondy24
    blondy24 Posts: 702 Forumite
    Morning All,

    Hope you are all okay today, it is nice having the weekend again, as last weekend I was busy at my neice's first birthday! I have to admit I have not posted on here for a good few weeks so apologies.

    O/S - Three loads of washing, one left to put on the line! Took dogs for a nice long walk early this morning which they throughly enjoyed. Been to collect parcel (rucksack) which we will be using to go for long walks at the weekends from now as need to save money. Been to town, got a very large chicken for half price only 4.50 which will definitely last a couple of meals at least. Hoovered and dusted the house. Watered vegetables although some of them don't look like they are doing very well - I might buy some tomato plants later that are in small pots rather than growing from seeds!! Going to take dress back to Next today as it is too small, either that or I have put on too much weight lately :(

    Hope everyone enjoys their weekend, hugs to everyone who needs them.

    Take care :)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.