We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
OS Daily - SATURDAY 9th MAY
Comments
-
Morning all :hello:
Haven't been around for a few days as I had a tummy bug. :rolleyes: So now I'm trying to catch up on all the housework I missed on top of the usual stuff.
Kitchen is clean but bathroom and bedrooms need a good tidy and the ironing that was done last week still needs put away.
Need to use some bicarb on the hob and enamel kettle as OH was a bit free and easy with the oil in the chip pan while I was ill. :rolleyes:
So far there is washing on and the birds are fed. They are gong nuts this morning as there seems to be a turf war going on between all our garden regulars and this flock of invading siskins. They are such tiny birds but they are big bullies.
Menu plan says kedgeree for tonight but as I was ill we missed a couple of meals on the MP so it will be salmon fishcakes tonight with salad and new pots.
Got some great bargains yesterday including a 2.5kilo corn fed FR chicken for £5 and a 3kilo topside reduced for £20 to £9. So roast beef for most of next week then.
Have to take the pup to the vet this morning as her rash has reappeared and then home for a snacky lunch. Then if the rain abates we are going for a walk on the beach and I want to pop into the local horticultural society's plant sale to haver a nosy.
The weather has been truly awful here. We've had 3 days of gale force winds and torrential rain. Yesterday we even had a prolonged hailstorm.
Not great for the garden but most things are doing ok. the tomatoes are slow to grow though as the temperature is too low in the greenhouse. We need sun and we need it NOW!!! :cool:
Sunnygirl. I hope your Dad is through the worst. x
Tru. More postings please.
;) And can all the other old stylers please come back now? 
Aussie.. Hope DD gets away ok.
Churchie... Not long to go now. :j
Congrats to Essex Boy. :beer:
Taplady, you and your OH sound like great parents. I'm so pleased you like your son's OH.
Fingers crossed for Burnley, Lesley.
Have a lovely saturday everyone.
Haribo x0 -
Haribo - just love your signature:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you are up to........"
Dieting ........... is no piece of cake!!!!:D
Weight loss since January 2011 - 5st 5 lbs!!!!!0 -
Morning everyone
WM on, BM on, bathed (but not dressed
)
DD and I are going to pootle into town in a bit to trawl the charity shops for her costume for her play - adult 1940's
Wish me luck 
This afternoon it's the school fete - don't really want to go, but DD does so I guess we'll be going then :rolleyes:
Took advantage of M & S 2 x suits for £80 yesterday for DH, free delivery and vat reduction, and my birthday £20 gift voucher - £57 all in :T He needed some suits - lets hope they are ok
Not sure what we'll be having for dinner tonight - something unhealthy probably (Sat night treat :rotfl:)
Haribo - hope you're feeling better
Tru - great to see you posting again
Sunnygirl - glad to hear your Dad seems to be on the mend
Happy Birthday MSE Martin
Have a great day everyone (((((hugs)))))Squares knitted for my throw ~ 90 (yes!!! I have finally finished it :rotfl: )Squares made for my patchwork quilt ~ 80 (only the "actual" quilting to do now :rotfl:)0 -
Morning Guys!
The new tablets have completely wiped me out and didnt wake till 8...which is a miracle for me. Nurse nearly fainted when she came and I was still in bed:D....I am always up before 6am.
Anyway, the DW and WM is on. Towels needed washing as did DD's uniform. House clean and tidy too. Think OH is cutting the lawn later and cleaning the car. The weather is nice here atm, so hopefully the washing can go on the line.
We didnt get to watch the film last night, so may watch that this afternoon/evening as it has to be back tonight and not sure what time Blockbusters need it back
I've not watched numbers, but sounds interesting. The Guardian (series) I thought was excellent....I think the guy who plays both parts in the 2 different series is great....I used to watch him in Heartbreak High when I was younger.
Hope everyone is well. Have a nice Saturday.
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Smokey/Twink))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
PP
xxTo repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,requires brains!FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS0 -
Good morning :beer: Just a quickie from me - the sun is shining and we're having 10 for supper, so I have cooking and gardening to do :j
* Proud mother alert * - DS 14yo has just done his school exams (they're still SATs, but the school's results won't be publicised :rolleyes: ) and he came second in his year of 150 :T He had a trip to Hull Uni this week and has come back saying that he thinks he'd like to go to University - I think that'll be a good choice
Our cockerel has been showing one of our hens a lot of "attention" and her feathers are showing some wear. I'm making her an apron from sparkly denim as protection
tru - great to see you back :A
Haribo - love the new sig :rotfl:
Old Style jobs- Flylady list
- wash dining room windows
- make chicken apron
- HM chicken liver pate; roast Berkshire pork, individual baked HG apples, roasted roots, roast potatoes, broccoli; HG rhubarb fool, chocolate fudge cake, 20p bargain pineapple fruit salad, cheese board; coffee, mints
- weeding onions
- planting out courgette and squash
- mowing lan - or I may leave that until tomorrow (again
)
:rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:0 -
Oh wow Penny - you must be so proud of Master Pen Pen :jSquares knitted for my throw ~ 90 (yes!!! I have finally finished it :rotfl: )Squares made for my patchwork quilt ~ 80 (only the "actual" quilting to do now :rotfl:)0
-
Morning all
Haribo - our young dog gets rashes in summer time. She's 5 now and the vet said they'd probably get worse as she gets older (they are!!). He advised washing her cotton bedding (towels and sheets - no cosy snuggly synthetic filled bed for her) at 60 or 90 every 2 days as that will keep dust mites down which might, if active, push her into a rash if she is allergic-prone anyway. We've done that all winter (well, sometimes not quite so often with the wash!) and she's been off steroids since about October. He thinks it may flare up again with summer coming and grass pollen etc. Good luck with yours. I also use some stuff I got online (natural) so pm me if you'd like and I'll dig out the bottle and look at name etc.
Towels washed last night so ready to go on the line today. Defrosted 2 bags of rataouille, one with beans, so they will form the basis of either a pot of minestrone soup or else I'll bung in some bacon which I've also defrosted and do a pasta dish. I'm near the bottom of the freezer contents now so things have been interesting! Plan to go to the butcher today for some beef though for tomorrow and that will also do Mon tea and then some sandwiches for work.
Other plans include assembling a little table and chair set I got in QD for £29 - green pretend wrought iron. Also need to go to the garden centre for a bag of wood chips to scatter down at the bottom of the garden where the table is going. There were chips there once!!
Hope everyone has a good weekend and big (((hugs))) to those feeling under the weather or troubled.
W0 -
Morning all
Haribo - our young dog gets rashes in summer time. She's 5 now and the vet said they'd probably get worse as she gets older (they are!!). He advised washing her cotton bedding (towels and sheets - no cosy snuggly synthetic filled bed for her) at 60 or 90 every 2 days as that will keep dust mites down which might, if active, push her into a rash if she is allergic-prone anyway. We've done that all winter (well, sometimes not quite so often with the wash!) and she's been off steroids since about October. He thinks it may flare up again with summer coming and grass pollen etc. Good luck with yours. I also use some stuff I got online (natural) so pm me if you'd like and I'll dig out the bottle and look at name etc.
W
Are you suggesting that my house is excessively dusty?
;):D:p
She doesn't sleep in her bed. She sleeps on the sofa.
We got her when she was 3 months old and already had it. the vet put it down to nappy rash.
Recently she escaped at OH's office and that night her underbelly came up in huge welts. The vet gave her steroids and they went away. This time it is just a really bumpy rash.
She swims at the beach every other day and I'm beginning to think it may be the salt water. :rolleyes:
Thanks for the advice. :A
Many congratulations to Master Penguin. :beer::j:T (lucky he got his father's brains

) 0 -
Morning all
2 cuppas so now i feel human again:D
need to get on today OH is at work and DD1 has extra maths only 3 more lessons to go will be glad when they are finished as they spoil our saturdays due to the time 11-12. Red ruby as you can see we also suffered with maths at our school DD was 1 year behind due to a succession of supply teachers last year thank goodness we found a private tutor who is marvelous I know from talking to the college and other parents that their year at this school has not had a good time we also had RE taken out of the exams as they have had no teacher it was supposed to be half a GCSE for citizanship & half for RE but they havent done it and no exam thank goodness we werent banking on it but it still isnt right and i feel for those not in a position to do anything someone needs to sort the system out where teachers are rewarded for staying in one place not moving around year after year and leaving the kids in the lurch
Essex girl well done to DH:j
Pen Pen well done to master Penguin you must be very proud
Pen Pin hope you feel better
Sunny girl glad your DD is doing well and closer to you and mum
Haribo hope you are feeling better
WS hope the nose is less runny today and LB had a good night
well better get on hugs to all who need them have a good day0 -
Morning all,
It started of really nice here, and now the sky has gone very dark, and it looks like rain again :rolleyes:, got OH work clothes in the wm, so may have to put them on the airer in the conservatory.
Pasta for tea, with mushrooms and panchetta, dd is off to town today to meet her mates, and OH and I are supposed to be out walking, but it rather depends on the weather.
Haribo, I have been meaning to ask you, is your dog a new mwmber to the family ?? what type is she / he /
:bdaycake:Happy Birthday to mse Martin, have a good day xx
pen pen, well done to your DS, what a fantastic result, he is the same age as my dd as she has just taken the same exams, we have not had results yet though.
Diva, tokens will be sent, the trouble is i keep buying more loaves with the tokens on but i am saving them for you i think i have 6 so far.
ravylesley: come on burnley :T
well done to essex boy :T
Bought some feed for my tomato plants yesterday, so must do that today, Haribo it shows the difference in the weather between the top and bottom
of the country, mine are knee high, and have flowers on, it must be a lot hotter here.
need to hoover through and have a general tidy, then off out somewhere.
Have good days all xx0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards