We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

OS Daily - SATURDAY 9th MAY

124

Comments

  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,644 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Morning all-looking grey and unsettled here.DH is working this morning,and then we're off to the match.Good luck to Burnley ,Lesley,hope they win.You'll be able to hear the cheer if they score even if you cant see it!

    I got very wet when I went shopping-it was like a cloudburst and I'd just got off the bus with nowhere to shelter.I looked like I'd stood under the shower for 5 mins,I could have wrung my hair out,my mascara ran and my wool jacket started smelling like a wet dog :o Did my best with tissues and lingered in TJ Hughes till I'd dried off a bit! Obviously being in there for a while led to temptation and I bought myself some new sandals and an outfit for my hols despite my resolve not to :confused:

    Had a lovely evening at the Tapas night with our friends but drank far too much wine.DS was also in the pub and came in the taxi home with us instead of staying later so that saved a bit of money.Staying in tonight so will get a curry out of the freezer.

    Sunnygirl- so glad your DD is improving,and the fact you weren't online was nothing more serious than a 'cokey' keyboard!
    PP,well done to your young Penguin.
    Well done Mr Essex.
    PP,hope you have a good day after your good sleep.
    WS- hope LB is none the worse after his creative experience with the markers .Boys will be boys:rotfl:
    Halight-manly hugs to you.
    Wmf-DS2 still using the purenuff stuff for his skin,pretty good at the mo :T
    Hope everyone has a good weekend x
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • Hardup_Hester
    Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
    edited 9 May 2009 at 12:56PM
    Afternoon all
    Woo Hoo, the GP is on, not that I'm particularly interested in it, but it does give me a couple of hours peace on here, lol. Hubby & I went shopping this morning, this nearly always gives me grounds for divorce. He wanted some new work boots, we went to 8 shops, all spread out round the Reading area, we had to drive from one to the other & parking was a nightmare, we eventually returned to the first shop & bought the first pair he tried on!!!
    WS, lol at LB's antics.
    Taplady, glad it's all working out
    Pen Pen, well done to your son, but I was in hysterics reading about your apron for the chicken, I don't know what made me laugh most, thinking about the cockerels confusion or the fact that you'd made it out of sparkly denim.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester

    Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • christabell
    christabell Posts: 427 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Nic1lou2......I have also discovered that the water bottle stays much warmer if filled with hot water, and NOT FILTER COFFEE.....I now use an electric duvet.....
    Today, my BEST is good enough.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    Hello Chums Have had a good week this week DGD got a seasonal job at the Dockyard that she was after .She is in the middle of her GCSE's at the moment and has a college place lined up for Sepember so any extra cash she earns will go towards her college books.Then her Mum, my youngest DD also landed a new job which she starts next week ,the money is not bad and its local which is even better.So happiness rains in their house this week.
    This morning I listed alll my jobs to do, and am working my way through them .Just redone my freezer list, and I'm slowly working my way down it, hopefully I will be able to defrost before my holiday in August.
    Found a big bag of stewing lamb and that went into the SC this morning with some veggies so will portion that up tonight when its cooked.
    Just going to do the ironing then apart from putting a plug onto my hand mixer my chores are done for the day and I'll put my feet up and have a nice cuppa and some of my lemon drizzle cake that I have left in the cake tin.
    No shopping to get as I am eating from my cupboards for awhile to get them down a bit.Still have stuff left from my January stock-up because of the snow, so I'm using all that up at the moment . Tomorrow I have a list of birthday cards to make as I have about 5 birthdays due in the next few weeks . <<Hugs >> to those in need ,it looks as though tomorrow will be a sunny day so I may plant out some bedding plants in my tubs .Have a good week-end everyone
    Cheers JackieO xx
  • Bella79
    Bella79 Posts: 1,197 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Ive not got little one shes with my mum today so im gonna do a few loads of washing then sit on the sofa all day watching dvds !

    May make tea for hubby later on lol mind u hes jst made us a cooked english breakfast yum :@)

    whats everones plans for today ?

    x
  • lucy*locket
    lucy*locket Posts: 444 Forumite
    owens3116 wrote: »
    Ive not got little one shes with my mum today so im gonna do a few loads of washing then sit on the sofa all day watching dvds !

    May make tea for hubby later on lol mind u hes jst made us a cooked english breakfast yum :@)

    whats everones plans for today ?

    x

    I worked out on our new WII fit for the first time this morning (bought from Littlewoods using a code from MSE, £30 off:j), did 1/2 hour and feel great. I have a WII fit age of 83:eek: so work to be done (I'm 48:o)

    Had a nice bath, washed hair, painted toenails, just had an egg/bacon /lettuce sandwich with mayo for lunch, quick break on here then must get on with the housework.

    Bed already changed,third lot of washing on, made bacon sandwiches for DD and DS for breakfast and some fresh apple juice using the juicer. I cut the grass last night and tidied up a bit outside so don't have to do that, also did my ironing on Thursday morning before work so don't have to do any ironing this weekend either:j. I'm trying to get more jobs done during the week before and after work so I don't have to spend the whole of the weekend catching up and it's working really well so far.

    HM chicken curry tonight with butternut squash curry, HM onion bhajis, poppadoms and some side dishes...our favourite meal for Saturday night, in front of TV with Britain's got talent on:D

    Have a good OS day y'all:beer:
  • tired_mum
    tired_mum Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    WS that made me laugh i seem to remember that ingested plastecine/playdough usually gives a rainbow effect in the nappy dept:eek:
  • Janae
    Janae Posts: 177 Forumite
    Hi
    Just returned from town - had to pick up DD2's repaired phone and they supplied a new one because the old one couldn't be mended, and they didn't charge! I felt sure it was out of the guarantee period and I would have to claim on insurance, so that was a happy surprise:j
    Lunch is leftovers and OH has offered to get a takeaway this evening. Just going to tidy up the veg patch for an hour then got to take DD2 to her dance exam.

    Sunnygirl - so pleased to hear all is going well
    PenPin - glad you had such a good night's sleep, hope yoou have a good day

    The day is now lovely and sunshiney here now, hope you all have a good day and (((hugs))) to anyone who needs it.
    GC April 93.92/500
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,664 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi everyone

    Good news, braved the wii fit this morning for a weigh-in and had lost a 1lb. Hadn't braved it since being home, and would have been happy to stay the same, but a loss made my day. Think I must be burning calories to keep warm.

    Started reading, but didn't get to posting earlier, DH wanted to go out, the excuse was looking at 'van awning, but I think he just wanted to have a good drive in his new toy:rolleyes::rolleyes:.

    Went to the 'van place at Bawtry, not what we wanted (nor were prepared to pay for) in the awning dept., but they had the new style of 'van in we had heard about, but not seen. Mmmmmm, yes it was just right, but wider and longer - need to consider whether we could fit it on drive, let alone afford it:o.

    But they do have a very nice Bistro which do a great coffee and it is also a bit of an unusual Gift Emporium so had good look around that too. Called to see my Dad. Just made a salad for lunch, and have stuffed a chicken for tea tonight, and made a fruit salad, DH wll do veg shortly. Old friends coming round for the evening, we go back too far to think, as we were Sunday School teachers together before both our DH's.

    Great news for Master Penguin, Pen-Pin glad you got some rest. H-J glad you are feeling better. Sunnygirl glad Dad is improving. WS - pass LB to DH and let him entertain him while you have a rest. HH - Men;);) Everyone else not mentioned :wave: and here's a :grouphug: if you'd like one.
    Take care - DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • MrsMW
    MrsMW Posts: 590 Forumite
    Afternoon All,
    Donny-Gal, we were in Bawtry this morning and we went to that cheap cash and carry place at Misson, got bedding plants and then to the farm shop. Got some gorgeous looking steak and pork chops and sausages , so that's a few meals sorted.
    I must get round to doing some cleaning the house is a tip, but I haven't been too good lately and DH has been off restoring buses so apart from tidying, not a lot done. Maybe tomorrow.
    Pen-Pen well done to Master Penguin, you must be so proud.
    WS, give LB a big hug from me and hope the snottys are a bit better.
    Diva, I have a coupon for a Wallace and Grommit apron from Pyrex, would you like it??
    Sorry I can't mention everyone but thoughts are with all who are worried or sad. Hugs to all.
    Enjoy your evening.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.