We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

voipcheap.co.uk gone?

Options

Comments

• benjus
    benjus Posts: 5,433 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I haven't used voipcheap.co.uk for over a year and I no longer have any account credit - I've switched to use different services under the Betamax brand. However, I am able to log in to my voipcheap account via the website, and view my call history etc.
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
  • vishy01234
    vishy01234 Posts: 71 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Little bit of progress ... my IP phone is now registering me as logged in again on the voipcheap account and I can make calls ... but website still not working ...
  • mkirksmith
    mkirksmith Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    benjus wrote: »
    I haven't used voipcheap.co.uk for over a year and I no longer have any account credit - I've switched to use different services under the Betamax brand. However, I am able to log in to my voipcheap account via the website, and view my call history etc.

So you are getting the website now and I used to. However, when I put the www voipcheap co uk website address in Firefox address line (i.e., right now - 1538, Thu 7 May 09) I get a "domain name parking page" at the address. I wonder what is going on. Any ideas?
  • mkirksmith
    Options
    vishy01234 wrote: »
    Little bit of progress ... my IP phone is now registering me as logged in again on the voipcheap account and I can make calls ... but website still not working ...

Thanks very much for info. I'll see if mine is working too - I have to replug my phone into the voipcheap tel socket of my modem.
  • benjus
    benjus Posts: 5,433 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Looking at the WHOIS record, the voipcheap.co.uk DNS details were modified today - perhaps they have moved the site to a different server. Anyway, I guess you're just seeing a delay in the DNS servers across the world being updated to reflect the changes.
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
  • mkirksmith
    Options
    vishy01234 wrote: »

That's rather good progress - you can now use voipcheap. I've plugged my phone in again - still no connection. There's no connection on the voipcheap onscreen phone either (the voipcheap panel is a constant white page with "connecting..." in the middle of it). So it looks like voipcheap is only accessible in variable parts of the UK web system, i.e., yours was off and is on again.
  • vishy01234
    vishy01234 Posts: 71 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think it will be back to normal soon ... i still think this company needs a good kicking. They just do what they want and to hell with inconvenience for their customers.
  • mkirksmith
    Options
    benjus wrote: »
    Looking at the WHOIS record, the voipcheap.co.uk DNS details were modified today - perhaps they have moved the site to a different server. Anyway, I guess you're just seeing a delay in the DNS servers across the world being updated to reflect the changes.

Thanks very much for this technical info.. Now I'll try and wait in hope. I'll have to learn about the WHOIS record too.....
  • scope
    scope Posts: 764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Give Betamax some credit.. I have been using one of their VOIP companies for 4-5 years now and the amount of money I have saved is amazing. I suspect they might be having problems, which no doubt they will resolve.
  • corkey
    corkey Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Any update on Voipcheap, I just checked and it’s all blank for me too that is in the making of calls.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport