voipcheap.co.uk gone?

Options
I've used voipcheap.co.uk for some years. I paid my £10 for three months subscription as usual recently.

This morning I found that there was no tone on my telephone (it's attached to my modem).

Then I tried to use the voipcheap PC onscreen phone and it did not connect, nor did the "help" facility connect to the web.

Then I looked for the voipcheap co.uk website and it had gone.

Is this happening to other people? Does anyone know what might be happening?

Thanks,

Michael

what's happened to voipcheap 0 votes

gone bust?
0% 0 votes
technical glitch?
0% 0 votes

Comments

• b3nton
    b3nton Posts: 254 Forumite
    Options
    The site seems to be up for me.
    Have you tried calling them? i21-8.jpg
  • vishy01234
    vishy01234 Posts: 71 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This has happened to me too. I noticed this last night - could not use my voicheap credit that I paid for only a couple of weeks ago, and now I can't access the site or my credit.
  • mkirksmith
    mkirksmith Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    I've emailed them in the past but never had an answer. I don't have a phone number for voipcheap - if you have one please post.
    Thanks, Michael
  • mkirksmith
    Options
    vishy01234 wrote: »
    This has happened to me too. I noticed this last night - could not use my voicheap credit that I paid for only a couple of weeks ago, and now I can't access the site or my credit.

It's strange. Two of us can't see the voipcheap site and one of us can. I wonder what's going on - at least I know it's not just me now. Thanks, Michael
  • mkirksmith
    Options
    b3nton wrote: »
    The site seems to be up for me.
    Have you tried calling them?

Whoops - I forgot to put your quote in a previous reply to you. I don't have a contact phone number for voip cheap - if you have one please post. Thanks.
  • vishy01234
    Options
    Hmmmm definitely something strange is going on. I signed up with a little voice in the back of my head suspecting that Betamax (the folks that run voipcheap.co.uk) are a scumbag company. I am getting very annoyed that my account has just disappeared and, seemingly, my money has been stolen. This is very wrong.
  • mkirksmith
    Options

I checked my modem settings and found that the modem was not registering the voipcheap connection, but my tescointernetphone was still registered and working. That's why I thought that voipcheap may have stopped operating rather than a problem with my PC or modem. I did a Google search expecting to find some info on a voipcheap connection problem but there was nothing there - that's why I decided to ask here.
  • mkirksmith
    Options
    Hmmmm definitely something strange is going on. I signed up with a little voice in the back of my head suspecting that Betamax (the folks that run voipcheap.co.uk) are a scumbag company. I am getting very annoyed that my account has just disappeared and, seemingly, my money has been stolen. This is very wrong.

I've emailed Betamax - I doubt if I'll get a reply. They run voip under many names in many countries and Voipcheap.com is still on the web - so it's operating. Hopefully, our credit card companies might reimburse us.
  • mkirksmith
    Options
    Hmmmm definitely something strange is going on. I signed up with a little voice in the back of my head suspecting that Betamax (the folks that run voipcheap co uk) are a scumbag company. I am getting very annoyed that my account has just disappeared and, seemingly, my money has been stolen. This is very wrong.

I've just emailed Betamax via their website "press" email option as follows:

"Your voipcheap co.uk service is not working and the website has disappeared. I have posted this information on the web and will take it further. It looks as if (1) customers' money may have been taken fraudulently by you, (2) there might be a temporary technical problem. Please advise me what is happening. If I do not hear from you I will conclude (1). Have you any comment? Thanks, mks"
  • vishy01234
    Options
    mkirksmith wrote: »
    I've just emailed Betamax via their website "press" email option as follows:

"Your voipcheap co.uk service is not working and the website has disappeared. I have posted this information on the web and will take it further. It looks as if (1) customers' money may have been taken fraudulently by you, (2) there might be a temporary technical problem. Please advise me what is happening. If I do not hear from you I will conclude (1). Have you any comment? Thanks, mks"

Excellent - thanks for your efforts. Please keep us posted on how this progreses.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure