anyone got 1st central car insurance?

Options

Comments

• Meakins
    Options
    I'd also avoid at all cost was with them for 7 years then I went to change car they added on all these charges £30 for changing address £30 for updating a new car then told me I could do it through there stupid online customer portal which never works then was charged another £15 for calling then and informing them there poxy portal doesn't work when I finally got on realised that they had never updated my documents to show my private number plate as everything is done online I stupidly assumed they had done it when I changed the number plate and paid another £30 for this to be done two years prior they do not send out paper copies of anything ......that's more money ! I cancelled my policy after being told that I wasn't even allowed to drive other cars as 3rd party !!! Yes there cheap but you pay for what you get AVOID !!! By the time you add one all the other bits and spent ages calling you may as well go to a reputable company .....you've been warned !!
  • Ashleehusk
    Options
    After buying the policy
    And 1st central taking the deposit twice !
    They then set up 2 direct debits to my account and took 17 payments within one month !
    Then got an email saying they would be canciling the policy and that I owed them £30 for admin charges and £143 for that months payments
    They took the money from my account
    Then cancelled the policy
    I phoned them up at 4.58 2 minutes after getting the email and they told me the finance department was closed
    So I will not be able to attend work tomorrow as I have no insurance
    Ask to speak to the customer service manger who is only known as Andrew and refused to give anymore information than that

Total theifs with no help at all
    Stay clear of this firm

Il be posting everywhere I can to make people aware of these scammers :money::money:
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You can reclaim the incorrect Direct Debit payments immediately from your bank using the "Direct Debit Guarantee"
  • webly
    webly Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I switched to 1st Central last year as their price was a bit lower than my existing insurer. I probably should have read this thread at the time, but just clicked through from the comparison site.

I didn't have an problems or any reason to contact them at all during the year, so all seemed fine

I just got my renewal quote from them and it has gone from £600 last year to £2350 this year!
    i just compared online and have renewed with another provider for £610 - there were several around that price, so I know it can't be my car or area that much

I really can't work out why they decided they didn't want my business, it couldn't be clearer if they sent a personal note with a great big £$%£ OFF! written in it

Luckily it wasn't Auto Renew, I checked that very carefully to make sure I wouldn't get suckered with a massive renewal price
  • minko
    Options
    My husband sorted out car insurance recently and unfortunately chose 1st Central because they were cheap and we were intending to sell the car (had hoped to get rid of it before the insurance ran out but it was not to be!). Well, we have finally successfully sold the car, so I called up today to cancel the insurance policy. It transpires that it is not only £50 to cancel the policy but they ALSO "retain a non-refundable admin fee for setting the policy up"...so, that'll effectively be £100 to cancel then will it? Oh, no, only £73 because I have already paid a proportion of the £50 admin fee in the two payments made so far. Oh good. I am appalled and certainly will not be using their "services" again.

:mad::mad::mad:
  • FutureGirl
    FutureGirl Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just so you know, you can usually view policy documents online before buying a policy so you can see all their charges before you buy.
  • jakey22
    Options
    Wondering if anyone can help me with this issue as I feel like I've been getting nowhere in the past 3 days. I was in a minor accident in late 2015 when I was insured with Hastings and had a claim put on, this increased my monthly payments by a substantial amount when I signed on to be insured with 1st central in 2016. Recently after sifting through my emails, I discovered a proof of no claims discount. I contacted both insurers and it seems as though the claim was dropped so I am owed the extra amounts I was paying monthly from 1st central. I cleared a whole day's schedule to simply sort this out and I'm still waiting for 1st central to get back to me. Have the company withheld information from me for profit and is this legal? I will be calling them and contacting them persistently until I get my full amount back.
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It should not warrant a day off work, simply send them the correct proof of no claims bonus via snail mail (Take a photocopy of it for your own records) or email it along with a simple letter asking them to update their records and adjust your premium accordingly
  • Jason_hughes
    Options
    Hiya wondering if anyone has any advice for me.
    I paid a deposit with 1stCentral at the start of march, a few days later they asked for more information. They wanted a copy of the drivers licence and proof of no claims bonus. This was fine. Took a few days for the NCB to come through from the other company, emailed them back. Another email arrived from them saying they needed both drivers licences and a unique code. Thinking it was on the licences having never heard of it before. I send a copy front and back of both liences. One full week later we receive a cancellation letter. We had been uninsured all week!!! Upon phoning them they explained that i didnt give them the info required so the policy was broken. Accepting i should have called them to double check all was as it should be, the lady informed me i have to pay more money. I paid 86 deposit on the first month. They now want 75 for admin charges, 50 non refundable and whatever time we were insured with them for, will be charged aswell. So for 3 weeks worth of insurance they want me to pay 211 plus time insured. Oh and i never saw/agreed to/sign a policy or had any sort of cover letter. I honestly dont know which way is up at the moment or how things will proceed. I have reinsured with another company and explained everything to them and they said it not how they or their sister companies would ever operate. Any advice please???
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You need to challenge the cancellation of the policy - once you have a cancelled policy on your record you do need to disclose it to all other insurers you approach for quotes or cover, and most online companies refuse to quote if you have had a cancellation.

Complain using their complaints procedure that they have acted unfairly by cancelling your policy and that they left you uninsured without notice (if that was the case).

If you are unhappy with the reply or they ignore you for 8 weeks you can escalate to the FOS for their adjudication at no cost to you.

Make sure your current insurer is aware that you have a cancelled policy by your previous insurer - check that it is mentioned in your policy docs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure