We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

OS Daily Thread - Sunday 3rd May

1235»

Comments

  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    PP - glad you managed to have a proper chat at your parents and I hope you enjoy your meal tonight - sounds yummy x

    Sybil (((hugs)))
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 3 May 2009 at 6:36PM
    Ever since lunch my OH has been wandering about exclaiming 'soup muffins?

    Yes, I made muffins out of soup for lunch. I mentioned yesterday that I'd concocted a chowder out of various freezer finds including a tub of ebly and chicken pilaff (ebly is wheat grains and is a bit like barley -except that it is wheat:D). Anyway there was some of this chowder leftover so today I made muffins with it -of course ;)

    2 cups of plain flour, 1 tbsp baking powder, a pinch of salt in one bowl.
    1 egg, a third of a cup of oil, 1 cup of liquid consisting of the drained soup plus some chicken stock in another bowl. Stir the two mixtures together and fold in the solids from the soup. Bake at 200 for 25 mins -voila! savoury lunchtime muffins.

    Very tasty too.

    We're having roast blade of pork for dinner with mash and veg plus gravy. I wonder what I'll do with the leftovers.....
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi all - thanks for all the welcome backs. It's great to be back, although I'm not posting as often as I want because DH keeps wanting a hand with things - holding ladders, moving great big lumps of granite and so on!

    Redruby - DIL is almost six months pregnant and says she feels like a tank! She showed me her belly on Skype and she really is huge. As she's only 5'1" she looks as if she will topple over! She's keeping very well - thanks for asking.

    Well, I have chicken roasting in the Remoska and veggies in the oven, so dinner will be ready soon. DH is now strimming and complaining about how fast the grass grows here!

    Will call back in later, hopefully. Hope you are all having a great day.

    KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

    Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • ravylesley
    ravylesley Posts: 1,105 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Afternoon Everyone

    Been a busy day here as it is ED's Birthday and Burnley had their last match of the season.So we all watched the footie.Burnley won by the way 4-0!!!!!Then it was home for cake and prezzies for my DD.All in all a good day but very tiring

    Not done much OS other than the usual washing and cleaning etc.But I did make her birthday cake which was a vision in pink

    MSD-Hope Tristan gets in touch today

    Pen-Pin-I'm glad that you had a good chat with your mum and its nice to get praise unexpectedly

    Mioliere-The move to France seems to have worked out fab

    Thriftlady-Soup Muffins!! They might have tasted nice but they dont sound nice:confused:

    Lesleyxx
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,216 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!

    Penny I wish I could agree with you but I have the hangover from hell this morning. I indulged a bit too much last night. :o

    Hope you feel better soon :beer: Ooops, sorry, was I shouting :confused: I'll put this away now :p

    Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • stressedoutmumof1
    stressedoutmumof1 Posts: 1,483 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Evening guys :j

    Wannabe Sybil - (((((hugs)))))

    Penny-Pincher - glad you had a chat with your mum xx

    Pink, Haribo, Nelski and anyone else with hangovers :shhh::coffee::kisses2:

    Had a quiet day today, have done a bit of washing and erm not much else really :o

    Had a bit of a family argument yesterday, and I'm still feeling really upset about it. Apologies were made, but given the circumstances of what the certain family member is going through I'm feeling bad that they're feeling bad about their actions on top of everything else IYSWIM :confused: On top of that I had to meet up with SIL last night who wanted advice on whether to leave BIL or not - tbh I could of done without it, but she doesn't really have anyone else to talk to - and she did thank me and said I have made her see she has other options than just upping and leaving with their baby. Families eh - you can't choose them :rolleyes:

    OS wise - I've made some flapjacks - that's all I could manage today!

    Mioliere - lovely to see you back posting :D

    Hester - you ok? - your posts are very short and sweet these days (((((hugs))))) if you need them

    Have a lovely evening y'all xx
    Squares knitted for my throw ~ 90 (yes!!! I have finally finished it :rotfl: )
    Squares made for my patchwork quilt ~ 80 (only the "actual" quilting to do now :rotfl:)
  • stressedoutmumof1
    stressedoutmumof1 Posts: 1,483 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Zippychick - high welfare chickens are not necessarily free range or organic but they are given more space, a place to perch, better lighting and longer nights. £7 for a kg is good value for money I think - Sainsburys sell 500g of breast for £5.
    Squares knitted for my throw ~ 90 (yes!!! I have finally finished it :rotfl: )
    Squares made for my patchwork quilt ~ 80 (only the "actual" quilting to do now :rotfl:)
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Just nipped into to say hi.

    Not been keeping up with thread recently, happy pills not spreading much happiness at the mo :rolleyes:.

    I hope your all ok and keeping well.

    My mob are fine, Not been very OS not a sniff off HM cake/Biscuits around lately but today i did force myself to make choccie cookies ala nigella today and added some marshmallows but DD's complained they were too chocolatey :eek::confused::D:rotfl:. All the more for me then ;).

    Roast choock cooked and eaten, with enough LO's for tomorrows Fajitas :T.

    MSD i haven't forgotten just been really !!!! lately they are sat on my microwave at the mo:rolleyes:
    Redruby how's the kayak ? any outings on it yet?

    Will try to get back on the rollercoaster of OS ;)

    Clare x

    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • celyn90
    celyn90 Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Hi all,

    Hope you are all well. Nothing much happening here, tired and overworked as normal :(

    I made nettle and champagne soup yesterday, which we had for lunch today. I'm not a big fan of soup, but it worked fine. Oh was very impressed; he'e getting very into this wild food thing - unfortunately I've not been too bright recently, so I've not been up to long treks in the countryside. We found some more mushrooms yesterday on our short walk to get some nettles though; but I wouldn't let OH pick them, as although they were edible, they were fairly rare.

    I made some fudge too - it's very sweet but worked really well. I just used my recipe for tablet and droped some liquid glucose in it. OH doesn't like fudge, so it's all mine :D

    He's made bread, but I think the breadmaker is on it's last legs as it's making a clunking sound.

    Don't know what is for dinner, probably something with spuds, as we have loads of them. Rice pudding in the slow cooker, but it's been out and warm overnight, so I might have to throw it out :(

    Right - back to work :) hope yopu all had a good day, cel x
    :staradmin:starmod: beware of geeks bearing .gifs...:starmod::staradmin
    :starmod: Whoever said "nothing is impossible" obviously never tried to nail jelly to a tree :starmod:
  • Essex-girl wrote: »
    Good Morning All

    a nice wander around Covent Garden to watch the entertainers. Met a Jack Sparrow pirate lookalike who also sounded like him.

    Have a lovely Sunday.
    x


    It was me at covent garden, thanks for the compliment...savvy!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.