We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
OS Daily Thread - Sunday 3rd May
Comments
-
Salopman Have a great holiday
A G&T a day keeps the doctor away
0 -
Morning all
Salopman have a great time in Cyprus
Sunny Girl hope DD has had a better night
Beth have a great time at DD1s birthday do
Mioliere glad you are back you were missed
MSD hope Tristan comes on today
Well need to get my bum in gear as need to drop kids at church then go to Basildon to get some bits for the decking then back home to get the bits ready for a lunchtime BBQ so am just going to have a cuppa and 5mins quiet in the garden as the sun is out
Have a good day0 -
Morning, been surfing this morning reading the Sunday papers.....sipping coffee as I read about you all
Tired Mum............do you need any help getting to Cyprus? Have passport will travelToday, my BEST is good enough.0 -
Morning everyone :hello:
Despite not getting home until 2am and having a poor head this morning
I was still up at 7.30. :rolleyes: Have given up on having lies in. I thought I was shattered too as we worked so hard in the garden yesterday but OH appears to be sleeping for both of us. 
We dismantled the old shed yesterday which will be moved to the back yard today and rebuilt as a log store. The back yard needs cleared out first though. :rolleyes: The new shed is up in the garden and looks great. If the showers abate I will get it painted today and a trellis put on the side. I have an old clematis montana that I want to move to grow up it.
While OH was doing all the hammering of the shed I managed to mulch the borders and sow some more seeds. I also nicked lots of his old shelving from the old shed for the greenhouse so it is now really organised. I have no proper greenhouse shelving in there. It is made up entirely of old plastic greenhouse shelving and lots of wood "reclaimed" from the dump and I think it looks great.
Today I have some more flower seeds to sow in situ where there are gaps in the border. Mainly morning glory, sweet pea, stock, cornflowers and poppies. I am hoping to grow enough for some cut flowers this year so I can cut down on my habit of rescuing reduced to clear flowers from Tesco. They are very good though. I have a huge bunch of yellow roses and blue hyacinths on the kitchen table atm which I got for 50p over a week ago and they are still going strong. I feel guilty about the air miles though. 
God, I'm waffling.
Had a wonderful meal last night and were treated to a great sunset from the restaurant windows and then a great lightening storm. Got a bit damp on route to the pub but soon dried off. Met up with some friends and had too much wine. 
Tea tonight is OH's job but I have given him the recipe for Jamie Oliver's lamb kebabs. :drool: No roast today as the girls are still away.
I have some cheese that needs grated for the freezer and a stale loaf that I will breadcrumb too. The freezer is pretty packed again so a new meal plan is in order.
Also need to give the gog a decent walk and am hoping to get some nettles for soup while we are out.
I think I win the prize for longest post today. And definitely the biggest hangover.
Enjoy your day everyone.
Haribo x
ps SunnygirlDiva - Your garden sounds beautiful! I get stuck on what to put in pots after summer bedding or winter bedding
Have a look at THIS THREAD on the greenfingered board to give you some ideas.0 -
Thanks for that Haribo. I'm stuck for choice now I think the only thing stopping me going mad will be my purseHariboJunkie wrote: »ps Sunnygirl Have a look at THIS THREAD on the greenfingered board to give you some ideas.
A G&T a day keeps the doctor away
0 -
Thanks for that Haribo. I'm stuck for choice now I think the only thing stopping me going mad will be my purse

Think of it as an investment.
Bulbs will come back annually and things like fuschia and pelagorium are great for cuttings. The only thing that can be a bit wasteful are the annual bedding plants but next year you could try growing them from seed. :money:
Edited to add.... Unrelated but just found this....
Nice little link about seasonal food and recipes.
0 -
morning all,feel a bit more with it today, thank goodness.
Just spoken to ds3 and his family in germany via skype, it is good to keep up and see them all on wkly basis as dgs,dgd are growing up so fast!
once i had downloaded it free :money:and got an internet fone its magic:D and now i've [bullied] encouraged my db and ds's to do the same it really is easy
mioliere,always have a looooong shopping list when i visit ds and family in germany, gravy,crisps,custard powder,crumpets etc,can only take clean undies in case, if i'm flying :rotfl:
diva, its hard when families fall out, dd hasnt spoken to me in 6 yrs, i let dsX3 and the rest of the family know that the door is open for her,and life is too short to bear grudges.
lunch is pork chops,roasties carrots,collie cheese, and then estate weeding!
take care all, have a good bh.Saving for another hound :j
:staradmin from Sue-UU
SPC no 031 SPC 9 £1211, SPC 8 £1027 SPC 7 £937.24, SPC 6 £973.4 SPC 5 £1949, SPC 4 £904.67 SPC 4 £980.270 -
Morning All!
Beautiful sunny day here in Hastings! Gardening for me today, need to do my pots and baskets.
WM just finishing two loads.
For those who wanted to know......"Priscilla , Queen of the Desert" was absolutely FAB!!!:T:T DD and I had a ball. It was a complete sell-out, (and we went to the matinee). The costumes were amazing, just like in the film, and the music was fantastic. The only thing that spoilt it for me was they didn't refer to Abba, but substituted Kylie and Kylie songs instead, but that may have been something to do with copyright.
If you love the film, you will love the musical, ignore the critics!:T
Had a result this morning. Checked my bank account and found Play.com had refunded me £149.99! I bought DS "Guitar Hero World Tour" for Christmas, and the drum kit packed up. Play arranged for it to be picked up last Monday. He only wanted the drum kit replaced, we didn't send the rest back, but they've refunded all my money. That's what I call customer service!:T
Anyway (((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))) if you need one
Have a great day all!
I Believe in saving money!!!:T
A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!0 -
Morning all,
Haribo, Glad you had a good night, sounds lovely.
Kathy, good to see you posting, how is you DIL getting on with her pregnancy ??
Weather is changable here, its nice at the moment, but clouds over with heavy clouds, and then back to nice
, I have our bedding in the wm, so think I will risk putting it out. DD needs to change hers today, I dont know how she sleeps in it, all the sheets are crumpled and bunched up, it must be uncomfortable, but I refuse to change it, she is old enough.
Off to my sisters new house today, they have not moved in yet, but are lucky enough to still own their other house to live in whilst doing it up. The new one is beautiful, in the middle of knowwhere with a huge garden with a stream at the bottom, and over loking country side, jealous me ??
I made a asparagus fritata last night to take with me, it looks great, have got some salad, crisps and dips to take, mum and sis will also take things.
Would like to get to some local woods today to take photos of the bluebells which are out in force at the moment.
Diva your garden sounds great, mine is mainly full of veggies at the moment, I found a snail on my baby french bean in the conservatory this morning, which went flying up the garden
I have four tokens to send you xx
OK have good days all xx0 -
well got up at 5.40am to go and do a boot sale weather report was good yesterday and wanted to support a new sale that started last month and was picking up with trade now.
car all loaded yesterday and items all priced so we got up dry out and into car at 6.10am and it started raining so drove there in hope it was a shower and would be lots of other people there too.
well raing got harder only about 10 other cars there at 6.30am (gates open at 6am) so we turned round and came home.
had a cooked breekie at 7.30am and it dried up - typical, went back to bed for an hr or so and now its beautiful sunshine!!
well going to have a roast at lunch time so we can enjoy the rest of the day and may try doing a boot sale tommorow somewhere else.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards