We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

OS Daily Thread - Sunday 3rd May

124

Comments

  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,331 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Afternoon all,

    Sunny but cool here....not planning on doing very much, think that I will sow my butternut squash seeds and maybe transplant some sweet pea seedlings...lots more to do but not in the humour really....have been to collect DS1 from town ( he was at the rugby match), cooked breakfast for him, OH and me as the others had theirs early. Leaving him to airport around 4....he will be back in Cork for dinner and then off to Amsterdam tomorrow...he works there 3 days most weeks so its all go!

    May hang out some clothes on the chance that they might dry....nothing needed in a hurry so might do that and put on some more washing...dinner will be steak and baked spuds which I might do on barbecue...all depends on my energy levels, at present I would just like to read the paper and relax.

    Hugs to all in need or want....enjoy the long weekend

    Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • pipkin71
    pipkin71 Posts: 21,820 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Well, after a few cups of tea, I'm a bit more with it :D

    I've put some bread on and started off another yoghurt. I've also put some mouse traps down as they've decided to lodge again :mad: and managed to catch my finger in the process :mad::mad:

    I also gave DD another lesson in how to hang out the washing properly - she's getting there :D

    They've gone out now so nothing more for me to do until they come home :beer:
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
  • Chrisca50
    Chrisca50 Posts: 1,894 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    afternoon all

    quiet day here today

    had roast chicken dinner, just brought washing in, and that's nice and dry.

    Decided to make some dough in my BM for only the 2nd time. Thought I would try to prove it in the conservatory as sun kept coming out but its not working very well. No where else to put it that is warm enough to make it rise so think they might be quite hard rolls :o

    Am having a lazy day today, watching the snooker on the goggle box

    Hope you all have a nice day all xxxx

    PS WS can't wait to find out what is in the parcel that Salop sent for LB :j I am worse than a kid aren't I ;)
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,328 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi All, I've not read in a few days so missed what's been going on:hello:

    Sunnygirl, I take it your Dad had a relapse? Gosh, I'm so sorry. (((((Hugs)))))

    I've been a busy little bee all weekend, don't seem to be able to stop cleaning:eek:. I even detailed my bathroom sink with a toothbrush. It is so clean i would happily store raw meat in it (not that I'm going to!) . Cleared a lot of junk out and piles of paper etc. Today i have cooked a chicken, bolognese, carrot and coriander soup and am going to strip the chicken and make chicken leek and potato soup as i think im getting sick of the broth i normally make. Would chicken go with leek and pot? I think so or I hope so anyway.

    The chicken isnt free range, it is "high welfare" so going to look up what that means. The butcher put it in a roasting bag which was dead exciting! I like new things. I always thought roasting bags were a lazy cooks cheat, but it kept the juices in etc and I think it's win win. I am treating myself to a roast dinner tonight too - Don't ever really make them as living alone etc so really looking forward to that.:D:j:j:j

    My mum has asked me to do some batch cooking for my brother, so the carrot soup is for him, and half the bol. She asked me to price everything which is really interesting !

    I made the carrot soup out of carrot and swede i got woopsied , so for 4 portions, 68p (put small amt lentils in), so 17p portion. :money:

    Spag bol is at 9 servings when i put it in SC - ttl 8.85 so 98p portion. BUT, I added 3 grated carrots after I put in SC, and I am going to check it soon and see if I can add more lentils. I'm not quite up with the lentil to mince ratio yet you see. Also not totally up on portion size for Spag Bol - Soup stew would be 3 ladels full so im going on 2 for bol? My 4.5L SC is nearly full put it that way

    There's 2lb of mince in there, so I can't help but feel I could be stretching it an awful lot further. Also going to give him some of the soup i make later today. Mum is paying me for the ingredients and for doing it . I'm happy to to be honest - going to work it so when I batch cook, then I can do for him too just double the quantity. Only thing is I had hoped to do the GC this month and now it has messed that up.

    Have done a couple of washes today and keeping an eye out for rain so I can rush and bring in if needs. Also collected a drill and a shelf from a lady off freecycle. Have put up some scrap wood etc too so trying to clear things out.

    My living room is 25ft long and I have blitzed one half a week or so ago. The back half has a two seater a drum kit and a set of pine shelves. The Shelves are clutter heaven and ready to fall down! So am going to try and clear those today so that means the back part of my living room will be an "area" instead of a dumping ground. I have cleared out quite a lot from there already. :rolleyes:

    But for now, i am going to make a cup of tea and put a Hot water bottle on my back. I also need a cloth to clean up the dribble from reading about Bethebees cake.

    Hope everyone is well.:hello: Sorry for the long post, I've not had a conversation since Friday :rotfl:
    Zip.
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

  • wannabe_sybil
    wannabe_sybil Posts: 2,845 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    :o Having a bit of problem with depression.

    Evil cat's eye is bad, and apparently she has high blood pressure.

    Logged on to say

    Salopman - eagerly awaiting, have a brilliant holiday!!!!!

    Starclens on approved food also stardrips (sic) disinfectant.

    Hugs to all.
    Ankh Morpork Sunshine Sanctuary for Sick Dragons - don't let my flame go out!
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Penny-Pincher!! Posts: 8,325 Forumite
    Hi Guys!

    Havent read all the thread so hope everyone is well.

    I am knackered from yesterday and didnt get back home till 10.30pm....which is late for us:o.....sad isnt it at 34:D Folk are ok but I am very worried about my dad. I spent couple of hrs chatting with my ma which was hard work, but I said a few things I had wanted to say for a while and expressed concerns about sister...which my mum agreed with:j:j:jMum told me yesterday that dad and her are very proud of DH, DD and I. She has NEVER said anything like that before and I started blubbing:rolleyes: and it did mean alot to me as she has never acknowleded how hard we have had it over the years but I also explained that the experiance had brought DH, DD and I close together...so thats a positive in my eyes;)

    Anyway...enough of the mush:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

    DW and WM have both been on. House clean and tidy. DD has her jobs to do later.

    I have nephew and his wife coming for dinner and we are having a lovely leg of lamb which we got half price from Ocado. I have cooked slowly all day in the SC with half a bottle of red, onion and garlic and have used most of the stock for gravy which is delish! Serving with crispy roast pots, buttery mash, cauli, broc, carrots, petit pois and yorkshires....yummy:beer:

    DD is on a first aid course tommorrow, so we are having a quiet day.

    Hugs to all.

    PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Penny-Pincher!! Posts: 8,325 Forumite
    :o Having a bit of problem with depression.

    Hugs to all.

    WS-We are ALL sending lots of hugs your way too. Keep your pecker:D up! Kisses.

    PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • scuzz
    scuzz Posts: 1,995 Forumite
    :hello:Afternoon everyone

    My River Cottage handbooks have arrive:jActually they arrived yesterday but only found them hidden earlier:rolleyes: I got them for free with £20 amazon voucher I earned doing a survey. They're very interesting.

    Got to say last night's Carabbean Chicken with rice went down very well! Going to play with the recipe a bit more as I feel it could do with more paprika and also want to try proper rice & peas.

    Enjoying QVC's Craft Day today. Not bought anything as I've no money, but nice to get ideas:rotfl:But I have decided to treat myself to a magazine.

    Breakfast was a thrilling bowl of cereal, lunch toast & a slice of Mum's HM coffee cake. Dinner will be roast lamb with all the trimmings and HM sticky toffee pudding. Having sis and BIL over for dinner again.

    The raddishes are growing VERY well - not sure what we're going to do with them all. The blueberry bush, although very tiny, is blossoming, so hopefully that will come on in leaps and bounds, providing the squirrels leave it alone!!

    Well off to do some comping now.

    Enjoy your Sunday all:p
    Comping, Clicking & Saving for Change
  • Katie1980_2
    Katie1980_2 Posts: 178 Forumite
    Hiya fellow O/S people, I am good just enjoying myself and the peace and quiet J is in Cheltenham watching the football and I am just chilling out and relaxing.

    Did an Ann Summers Party and had the best amount of sales ever.. :o) in all a good first 2 weeks

    not much O/S other than I need to find out what raided my cupboards as my baking cupboard was in a mess next door reported mice :(
    Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most
    £2,960 in debt to RBS paying off at £10 a Fortnight
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,328 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I dunno what High welfare chicken is but i got a kilo of chicken off it! 600 off the breast, and 400 non. :eek: Is this a lot? It does seem to me :D As in, is it worth the £7 i paid for it?:o
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.