We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

OS Daily Thread - Sunday 3rd May

135

Comments

  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning Chums looks like a nice day outside .My pottering day went out the window yesterday as at lunchtime my sis-in-law from Faversham turned up with a nice bunch of carnations, and we sat and jawed for most of the afternoon then went over to the local pub for a meal in the evening.lovely fish & chips and a caramel apple crumblecake and custard to follow very reasonable at £7.95 and no washing up.
    Today I have to pick up one of my DGS after he has been fishing over at Sheerness so my car will get a good coating of mud I suppose .I don't mind really as he's a good lad and loves his fishing.Then back to his house for dinner around 5.00.p.m. My DD is working down at the Dockyard today as a tour guide, she still gets the odd day now and again there as she is in the 'pool'.I think she is in the museum today so she won't see the sunshine much but will at least be cool in her Victorian costume. Just off to make a lemon drizzle cake
    have a great day everyone
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    And definitely the biggest hangover. :D

    Enjoy your day everyone.

    Haribo x

    May have to beg to differ on that one Junks:D:o What did you have to eat at the seafood restaurant btw? I was very jealous of your evening that being my most favourite food. :)

    Well I made sure my OS card was stamped yesterday by making a chicken and chickpea curry in the slow cooker with some.............holds breathe in anticipation..................chickpea flat breads :D (Jamie showed me how) which were absolutely gorgeous. Hope you are all suitably proud of me. So had that and a few gallons of pinot so the diet and the alcohol cutting down goals are on hold this weekend then:rolleyes:

    Jackie - can I come to yours I love lemon drizzle cake :A btw enjoy the weather while you can its windy and cold here so good old bank holiday then:rolleyes: (Ill send it down then you can see)

    Should do some ironing today but may go with the creased look - its very on trend at the moment.

    Hugs to everyone
    Nels x
  • Teresita_2
    Teresita_2 Posts: 222 Forumite
    Nice sunny day here in Scotland although windy and cold so hoping it warms up so can transplant all my salad stuff in to the coldframe.

    Kids are busy laying the Wii s cant go to far or I get the loud shout of MMMMMUUUUUUMMMM!!!!! they are only 3 & 4 but so good at playing these games. Plus it gives me an hour to get the house sorted. Roll on when I can move out of my folks house and get my own with the kids.

    Tomorrow hopefully OH and the boys and myself will do something weather permitting also depending what his hangover is like after his beers with the boys as he calls it. Am hoping the tv is good tonight.

    Salopman - Have a good holiday, lucky you
    Taplady - Am with you about Martin Shaw!!
    Mioliere - The internet is such a godsent with family all over. Mine are mostly Spain and Italy but so much easier with the net.
    Betheebee - That cake sounds phenomenal
    Although I get lonely :shocked: as a single mother there are always two smiling angels ready to give me the biggest hug in the world. Love you babies :grouphug:

    Fear is a disease....Hope is it's only cure!
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    taplady wrote: »
    morning!

    Tonight I'm looking forward to watching Martin Shaw on TV :iloveyou::D

    He is so sexy ;)

    phwoar i'll say :D
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,216 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    sistercas wrote: »
    Penpen how are the legs after those 20 miles? ;)

    I've got very nice legs, thanks for asking :D

    Haribo and Nels (and other whippersnappers :p) another good thing about getting older is that hangovers are a thing of the past :T I'm sure Pink will agree with me :beer:

    DH and I have been in the garden all morning, and a quick trip to the nursery for aubergine plants (2 lots didn't germinate icon9.gif ). We're going for a walk in the sunshine this afternoon.

    Pheasant wrapped in Berkshire bacon for supper, with roasted roots, HG sweetcorn, and clafoutis with HG Morello cherries.

    Have a great day all of you, Penny. x

    ETA we watched Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day on DVD from LoveFilm last night - brilliant!
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • Hardup_Hester
    Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
    Afternoon all
    Not much sun here today, in fact hubby is threatening to put the heating on, lol.
    We've planted 3 shrubs in the front border to fill in between the Lavender & Rosemary I'm hoping it will turn into a sort of hedge, which might stop next doors cats using it as a toilet.
    I hope everyone has a good day.
    Hugs Hester

    Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,644 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Hi all-can't believe its got to this time already-I've done nothing apart from read the paper and remove some chicken from the freezer for tea.We've had 2 nights out on the trot,late ones as well,can't seem to keep up these days-fit for nothing the day after.
    Tea will be easy as DS1 is away for the weekend,and DS2 is at a Christening.I may pick some rhubarb from the garden to stew for after.
    I'm going to transplant my seedlings into bigger pots shortly.Its sunny here but quite a cold wind.
    Hope you find your Dad OK when you visit later Sunnygirl.My Dad had his bypass done at Manchester Royal way back in the 90s,they looked after him really well.
    Salopman- very envious of you going to Cyprus-love it.Have a good hol.
    Mioliere- Glad to see you back!
    Halight- hoping you and the family are OK.Miss your posts.
    Enjoy the BH everyone.x
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • pipkin71
    pipkin71 Posts: 21,820 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Afternoon all.

    Looking very cloudy here, but still dry. Not that I plan on doing much today - I've only just managed my bacon sandwich for breakfast!

    We went to Stratford yesterday and had a wonderful time, but it's left me exhausted of energy. Definitely worth it though. I got to watch the maypole dancing and DD2 join in with it :D

    We've a pork roast for dinner today which will need sorting out shortly, although I've a feeling we will be eating late today :o
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,635 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 3 May 2009 at 1:28PM
    Haribo and Nels (and other whippersnappers :p) another good thing about getting older is that hangovers are a thing of the past :T I'm sure Pink will agree with me :beer:


    Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!

    Penny I wish I could agree with you but I have the hangover from hell this morning. I indulged a bit too much last night. :o Ds1 and his friend who had been out modelling at a fashion show arrived home quite late and we sat chatting until after 2.00am. I stupidly told them to waken me at 7 O'clock so that I could cook them breakfast before they set off for the mournes where they'll be camping tonight (with friend's parents). Unfortunately they took me at my word and I've felt like the walking dead ever since. I took breakfast in bed to Mr Pink too (Haribo take note ;)) so hopefully that will have earned me enough brownie points to get the grass cut today without too much grumbling.

    I did go to Homebase yesterday and rescued some reduced price plants that they'd almost managed to kill...it really annoys me when I see the plants stacked tightly on shelves with no light and very little water...so I got some half price broad beans, thyme, parsley and peppers. I've given them a good watering and introduced them to daylight and they're already looking a lot perkier. I'll need to pot them up later. I also bought two half barrels to use in the front garden and a new gas barbeque to replace our six year old one which was on it's last legs ...so as I fhad eared, I spent more than I intended to.

    As there are just three of us home today I am wavering between cooking tonight or taking Mr Pink up on his offer of going out for dinner. Going out is winning at the moment. :D

    Hope you're all having a good day.

    Pink
  • Hardup_Hester
    Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
    http://troosgarden.blogspot.com/

    This is the link to Tru's blog

    Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.